Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know for a fact donors believe Ollie is going. Unless youre speaking to admin, you don't.

It's certainly possible that AD David Benedict has other things in mind and hes lying to donors. But I doubt it.

I haven’t heard of donors that have flat been told but have heard of some that believe this to be the case.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next
6JuwNQP.gif

Reaction Score
I am wondering if JMick would like to start a scholarship with his winnings. I know a great kid who could use some help paying for college! ;)

Reaction Score
What was KO supposed to do? Have Vance "drive" into the lane? Run the point? Dominate the offensive glass? What a delusional rant. Vance = catch and shoot. Anything else would require extra work in the gym on handle and working on getting into position to rebound.
Nope. Saw him make several nice post up moves inside of 15 feet last year, he wasn’t just a 3 point shooter. KO picks and sticks with “his boys” like Brimah even when he produced nothing. Now he trots DO out there, why? KO is not a guy who improvises on the fly during games very well.

Reaction Score
Donors are in favor of Ollie, He will be back next year. he is aware of that to thats what the whole conversation was about Saturday. Also why Oz tweeted about them being out that night, they were celebrating being back. If things go bad next year that will be it for him. There are several reasons he will be back according to DB.

Reaction Score
Some donors were actually told the opposite not too long ago.
I heard he was staying up until about two weeks ago. Something changed and now he will not be back.

Who knows at this point. We will find out soon enough

Reaction Score
I heard he was staying up until about two weeks ago. Something changed and now he will not be back.

Who knows at this point. We will find out soon enough
I heard Sunday he would be back.

Reaction Score
Some donors were actually told the opposite not too long ago.

Common Sense would dictate otherwise with two losing seasons in a row and a looming NCAA investigation that very well could have found something that constitutes "cause". I'm sure we will find out in the next two weeks.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Common Sense would dictate otherwise with two losing seasons in a row and a looming NCAA investigation that very well could have found something that constitutes "cause". I'm sure we will find out in the next two weeks.

This was before the NCAA announcement.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens there are going to be a lot of unhappy people.

I am not sure which way will create "unhappy", therein lies the issue. Unhappy he failed, yes. Unhappy if they replace him, no. Unhappy if they don't, yes/no from me.

Seems to me the most there will be would be those who have wanted him gone from a year ago or more. I believe those fans who supported Ollie hoping he could turn this thing around know there should be a change so if it does happen life goes on as a Husky fan. If not, support him again and hope the players who come back as well as the newbies can make us happy again. Not much we can do, unless you have a few million to get your wish I guess?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Boneyard "insiders".
Um, he's gone/staying. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ollie pass out at the Dairy Barn last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Reaction Score
So Ollie finds meaningful minutes for David Onuorah game after game, but shouldn't find a role for a guy who led the conference in 3 point shooting %? Ok. Even if Jackson was bad on D it wouldn't have been worse than what we had this season and we would have at least had one real good shooter to open things up. No doubt in my mind that the team would have been better WITH Jackson on it. You don't just let the leading three point shooter in the conference walk.

Of course they would've been better with him if not only because he could make a shot. But not enough to put up with his father and the need to play him in the way he wants them to, screw that. This is not a kid who left because he didn't play enough because he played plenty. He's needy, his dad is needier, simple just try not to blame everything on KO.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Boneyard "insiders".
Um, he's gone/staying. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ollie pass out at the Dairy Barn last night. I guess it's pretty serious.​
I heard from a guy at the carwash

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The season isn't totally over; he still has time to redeem himself. Give him a break.

Healso forgets that my 20 ( hell even my 17 win) win predictions were made before Alterique was shut down for good.

But I will live with the bet, I don't make excuses or Welch. When you are wrong you are wrong. I was wrong about purvis last year too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom