Some quotes from Dave Benedict | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
Dom Amore @AmoreCourant
Benedict said he and Kevin Ollie had a long talk Saturday night that "went very well." ... More coming to courant.com later in UConn Men's notebook
3:59pm · 4 Mar 2018

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout
Benedict: “We all know what the standards and expectations for our men’s basketball program are. It’s clear that, unfortunately, the last couple of years we haven’t met that standard.”
3:59pm · 4 Mar 2018

Benedict: “There are certain things that impact that (back-to-back poor seasons). Not having some of the personnel that we expected to have has definitely had an impact.”
4:02pm · 4 Mar 2018

Benedict on academics: “Kevin has knocked it out of the park as it relates to his commitment to his kids going to class, putting the time and effort into being successful on our campus as students first."
4:03pm · 4 Mar 2018

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines, I’m wondering if a mutually acceptable agreement has not been entered. First thing that strikes me, Benedict would not have a long conversation with Kevin now, before the season officially ends, if it didn’t have to do with an exit plan. In other words, if it was going to be a talk about what needs to change for next year to stay on, I would think that type of conversation would’ve occurred at the conclusion of the season and after conference tournament. Anyway, it’s not necessarily new news, but it looks to be more confirmation that this might be over but maybe over in a good way (e.g., some mutually beneficial exit plan for all).

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines, I’m wondering if a mutually acceptable agreement has not been entered. First thing that strikes me, Benedict would not have a long conversation with Kevin now, before the season officially ends, if it didn’t have to do with an exit plan. In other words, if it was going to be a talk about what needs to change for next year to stay on, I would think that type of conversation would’ve occurred at the conclusion of the season and after conference tournament. Anyway, it’s not necessarily new news, but it looks to be more confirmation that this might be over but maybe over in a good way (e.g., some mutually beneficial exit plan for all).
the timing is strange for sure. Hopefully it's good news and both parties have agreed to go their separate ways

Reaction Score
Sounds like he’s back. If so, KO needs to get out there and get some talent, shooting in particular, and a big man wouldn’t hurt.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Alrighty so we have to suffer though one more 18< season? How much is the buyout after next year?

Reaction Score
Alrighty so we have to suffer though one more 18< season? How much is the buyout after next year?
IIRC it goes down every year by his salary. so it would be $7mm.

Reaction Score
Yup....I read the quotes and took it to mean he’s back next year but if they don’t perform, he’s done

Reaction Score
Definitely sounds like he's back. I think it's the right thing. See if AG can get healthy, see if new recruits can change team dynamic and if Jalen can have a senior year we all expect. Maybe we get a stud recruit for following year. If none of the above happens even halfway through year........Fire on the spot!

Reaction Score
The only other way to read it than he's back is that AD David Benedict was caught in a spot with the reporters and had to give some kind of quote and that this was a non-committal nothing quote. That would only imply that no decision has been made and that he won't make any decision until after the year. Personally, I'm not encouraged by the quote as I think it leans towards he's back. But then again he made similar comments sans the academics one about Diaco.

Reaction Score
The only other way to read it than he's back is that AD David Benedict was caught in a spot with the reporters and had to give some kind of quote and that this was a non-committal nothing quote. That would only imply that no decision has been made and that he won't make any decision until after the year. Personally, I'm not encouraged by the quote as I think it leans towards he's back. But then again he made similar comments sans the academics one about Diaco.
he also said that they're going to evaluate at the end of the year still so take that FWIW

Reaction Score
he also said that they're going to evaluate at the end of the year still so take that FWIW
Right, though if you're in the "this means he's coming back" side here, it's AD David Benedict placating the fans from coming after him for having made the decision already. I agree that there probably isn't 100% a decision made, but this has to push the needle much further towards him coming back.

Reaction Score
He's gone at the end of the season which is coming up very shortly, and it has very little to do with the win-loss column.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom