Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If you think injuries are the only thing plaguing this program.... never mind.

At the end of the day, Ollie is responsible for recruiting enough talent where losing a freshman point guard and a transfer who averaged 4 points a game as a freshman isn't the end of your season in the AA C.

If you think injuries had no impact......never mind

It's as if some people didn't observe our 4-0 start, beating OR in OR (I know I know, that's not as impressive as beating Davidson at home) and then leading MSU until AG was re-injured

Ollie pressed a reset button in May, and we started this season short handed and we couldn't afford to lose players. The whole world knows this, everyone except some UConn fans that is

Now some of those fans are calling for the AD's head too

resist resist resist

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They’ve played with pride the past two games, and seem to finally realize their roles a bit more, I will give you that. But they’re below .500 two years in a row and get blown out often. Is that acceptable to you as a fan?

So the first part of your statement defends that they are getting better, but then you essentially ask me if I like losing.

No, I don't like losing. I don't suspect that any fan of any team likes losing. But that's not the question at hand for me.

The question at hand is whether or not Ollie is making these kids better. The answer is a yes for me. Hell, it was a yes even for the Hartford Courant a week ago on the front page of the sports section. And he hasn't lost the team at all. In fact, they are playing harder for him now than ever before.

It's as simple as that for me. No, I don't like losing. But I like folks in place who are going to improve the situation. It's why I called for Diaco's head for football. But that's also why I think Ollie should stay...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not spinning anything. There's no reason at all to bring up injuries if the decision is to let him go. You wouldn't downplay your own decision to let him go. Which means he didn't make that decision...

Then why don't you just come out and say he'll be back? There's no reason not to do so.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
if he's not gone, why not announce that he's coming back? Benedict also said, again, that they will evaluate after the season

Under normal circumstances this would be my take but the investigation is the wildcard

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ugh. I don't know, man. I said it sounded to me like that was the case. I'm starting to feel like I'm at a congressional hearing at this point...

just a question.

Reaction Score
Ugh. I don't know, man. I said it sounded to me like that was the case. I'm starting to feel like I'm at a congressional hearing at this point...
we're just volleying... no malice intended

Reaction Score
Losing 3 players for the season had nothing to do with our record last year? Give me a break.

They lost to Northeastern and Wagner with Larrier and Gilbert to start last season. Please explain why a team with considerably more talent loses to those teams and has to go to overtime this season to beat Columbia and Monmouth at home?

Reaction Score
Maybe AD DB realizes the athletic department is terminally ill and there is no point in another round of chemo. Why waste money on a buyout when in the end, the result will ultimately be the same. Bring KO back and let the program die a nataural death.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
With these comments it sounds like he is coming back but I hope I’m incorrect.

Reaction Score
If you think injuries had no impact.never mind

It's as if some people didn't observe our 4-0 start, beating OR in OR (I know I know, that's not as impressive as beating Davidson at home) and then leading MSU until AG was re-injured

Ollie pressed a reset button in May, and we started this season short handed and we couldn't afford to lose players. The whole world knows this, everyone except some UConn fans that is

Now some of those fans are calling for the AD's head too

resist resist resist
I didn't say they don't matter.

I said losing a 4ppg player from the A-10, and a true freshman PG shouldn't mean the end of your season....

He also lost to Wagner and Northeastern with a healthy roster. Can't beat Tulsa. Got hammered by a health Memphis, then lost to them at home without their leading scorer and PG. We needed OT for Columbia and Wagner. But you hold on to that 20 point loss to MSU if it makes you feel better. It's one of 8 this year that you have to reference. You pretend like the Oregon win was great enough to ignore the 35 point Arkansas beat down, or the 28 point Temple beat down.

If you can't understand that a coach is responsible for the depth on his roster, responsible for de-commitments and transfers, then that's a you problem.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good Lord. I know we had injuries last year. This year, other than losing Gilbert, we have been injury free. Most teams have it much worse.

I suspect he’s back because we can’t afford to let him go. That makes me sad, because all you have to do is watch them, and see his decisions to tell that he is a pretty bad basketball coach. He still doesn’t know who his best players are and his better lineups. Still. Last game of the year and the guys played hard, but his personnel and strategy decisions doomed them.

I can only hope they find a way to move on from him. You could give him James Harden and he’d sit him on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom