Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

C

Chief00

There will be no buyout if Ollie is forced to resign and the University can show cause.

Zero buyout? - Unless the NCAA turns up something in the next week - there will be a negotiated buyout. It would be real interesting if the University argued something KO did in 2014 or 2015 was so severely awful that it would be the “cause” event or start of that behavior but the University took no action until after 2 losing seasons four years later. Who would have the moral ground then in court?

Reaction Score
There is truth to this but looking at the totality of the circumstances...
if he was working his tail off and doing poorly I would feel much differently about him coming back next season. I think he realized where he went wrong but it's too late

Reaction Score
Zero buyout? - Unless the NCAA turns up something in the next week - there will be a negotiated buyout. It would be real interesting if the University argued something KO did in 2014 or 2015 was so severely awful that it would be the “cause” event or start of that behavior but the University took no action until after 2 losing seasons four years later. Who would have the moral ground then in court?
Chief, if you're wrong you must change your brief.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's funny because most of the people that want him to stay didn't go to UConn

giphy.gif

Could you please share the research data behind that statement?

Reaction Score

This is the sure fire way to hire a complete dud after Ollie.

Come to UConn, we'll guarantee a 5 year year contract, and if you suck, we'll fire you WITH cause!!

No???

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
it was titled something like how did you become a uconn fan. you're good with the interwebz. you can find it.
And how do You correlate answers in that thread topic with people who want Ollie to stay didn't go to UConn?

Reaction Score
And how do You correlate answers in that thread topic with people who want Ollie to stay didn't go to UConn?
I remember it standing out to me that many of the super positive rah-rah folks didn't go to UConn. Coincidentally those folks are also the ones in KO's corner still. I've also posed the question to a few folks and my inklings were generally correct that they did not go to UConn. There are of course exceptions to the rule.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I remember it standing out to me that many of the super positive rah-rah folks didn't go to UConn. Coincidentally those folks are also the ones in KO's corner still. I've also posed the question to a few folks and my inklings were generally correct that they did not go to UConn. There are of course exceptions to the rule.

For full disclosure, I graduated from UConn in 1997. Also, my name is really Dan...

Reaction Score
Real scientific - I went to UConn, my late husband went to UConn, my dad went to UConn and despite all that I'm still in Ollie's corner. Maybe you should make a thread with a poll. Maybe it depends on how much money we make, what part of the state we're from. It really doesn't matter. A fan is a fan no matter where they went or if they went to college.

So if I wasn't born in New York does that mean I can't be passionate about the Yankees or the Giants?

A graduate doesn't have any more right to how they feel then someone who has come to be a fan without going to UConn.

Reaction Score
For full disclosure, I graduated from UConn in 1997. Also, my name is really Dan...
you do not fit the same mold as the others. you also predict undefeated football seasons lol. a lot of these people don't even follow anything but basketball. you'll never see them on the football board or any of the other boards. people who graduated from UConn seem to follow multiple sports.

Reaction Score
Real scientific - I went to UConn, my late husband went to UConn, my dad went to UConn and despite all that I'm still in Ollie's corner. Maybe you should make a thread with a poll. Maybe it depends on how much money we make, what part of the state we're from. It really doesn't matter. A fan is a fan no matter where they went or if they went to college.

So if I wasn't born in New York does that mean I can't be passionate about the Yankees or the Giants?

A graduate doesn't have any more right to how they feel then someone who has come to be a fan without going to UConn.
did you say poll? paging @shizzle787

Reaction Score
What’s funny is you think that matters?
it definitely gives you a different perspective when your alma mater is on the national stage. it's more than just being a #casualfan

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
you do not fit the same mold as the others. you also predict undefeated football seasons lol. a lot of these people don't even follow anything but basketball. you'll never see them on the football board or any of the other boards. people who graduated from UConn seem to follow multiple sports.

Wait a minute...

... are you saying football won't go undefeated?!?

Reaction Score
it definitely gives you a different perspective when your alma mater is on the national stage. it's more than just being a #casualfan

I’m not a casual fan because I didn’t go there I promise you that, and I know a ton of others in the same boat.

But you are a casual fan if you went there and can honestly say you will not be interested in UConn basketball any more if KO is back. Take a poll on those.

Listen I’m going to root for those kids who will wear that uni whether KO, Hurley, Jarvis or Cooley is coaching. Not sure how it can be any other way?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom