Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
Keep digging your hole, l'il buddy.

Everyone sees this thread.

You are selective in what you define as "damaging to the University and peoples degrees"

That is a #lowintegrityScalito type posture.
Fakenews

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
George Blaney wasn’t a recruiter but analytically he could breakdown a game or team like few could.
Of course Blaney often said that he was struck by Calhoun's ability to put guys in a position to succeed (in essence that Calhoun could beat yours with his, or beat his with yours) and had an uncanny ability to understand the flow of the game.

I remember listening Calhoun being interviewed in the stands during a UConn after he retired and mid-interview he looks up and says we are about to go on a run here. An immediately thereafter we did. I don't know what he saw but he could read a game about as well as anyone.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'll admit that I don't know what the right decision is. I do know that it should be made for the future not the past or even the present.

We have a UConn guy, who won a title.

We have a guy that does right in terms of his kids and me their education. He is a great role model.

We also have the two worst seasons in terms of not meeting expectations since joining the BE.

We have some very apparent, if unspoken, problems behind the scenes.

That includes locker room issues and guys not developing.

I have also yet to hear any prospective replacement worthy of the job. But, I also don't need a name coach, I need a great one. If you can find the next JC or even Jay Wright at some mid major, terrific. I don't know if Hurley is that guy. With his name, he should have gotten his shot a while ago.

If this last stretch can be put to some outside factors and DB can straighten out whatever is dogging the personnel decisions then I'd be OK with giving KO another year but we need to hear some stuff and win a lot more games.

Strggling to make the bubble or NIT isn't going to fly 12 months from now. JA is likely the best player in the league next year. If KO can't find complementary pieces to put around him then he isn't up to this job.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't understand the alumni thing. The formative years for most sports fans is, what, 6-8 years of age? That's when my first sports memories are from. At that age I wasn't old enough to discern or care about college vs pro. To me, UConn was another local sports team to root for. I cheered for them as hard as I cheered for the Knicks or Yankees. I understand you can feel a closer connection to a school as an alumnus but I don't think it's a prerequisite for how passionate/loyal/insert-other-stupid-word of a fan you are.

If UConn fans were limited to alumni there wouldn't be that many UConn fans.

Reaction Score
If UConn fans were limited to alumni there wouldn't be that many UConn fans.
No one said that you can't be a fan if you didnt go to school there

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No one said that you can't be a fan if you did t go to school therr

They just dont feel the depths of your anguish. amirite?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No, December birthday

#slowtracked

Its cool. Many parents hold back their kids for social development. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
#slowtracked

Its cool. Many parents hold back their kids for social development. Nothing wrong with that.
Nah. We moved and it was how the enrollment worked in the new district. As has been displayed in this thread you just do not have the mental faculties to understand how things function

Reaction Score
I'm actually 27, thanks.
So at 27 how can you sit around and post in a forum all day. Shpuldn't ypu be starting your career, making some money? Or does ypur boss not care what you do on his dime?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
You are number 1.

Jmick is sinking like a stone here.
I’m giving it up. I only wanted to prove I could be. Now that I have, it’s too much of a commitment for me.

I lateral #1 fandom to Throat Boy.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So at 27 how can you sit around and post in a forum all day. Shpuldn't ypu be starting your career, making some money? Or does ypur boss not care what you do on his dime?
Night job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom