She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread]

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think you love being a killjoy.

48499700.jpg
th

Reaction Score
too much risk to reward imo, what would waiting one more week have done except be overcautious? What's wrong with that? A game against a bad St John's team in a regular season game is not going to tell us much.
She’s just getting her feet wet…maybe a few minutes burn. It’s not like she’s going out there trying to dunk. She’s 19 years old not 90!!! Let’s not worry about anything we can’t control. I think it’s better for her to come back against a “not so strong team” so she can gradually work herself up to speed instead of her first game back being against any other team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A side note. Mrs. oldude & I were thinking about driving down to the game tomorrow from Saratoga. Unfortunately, we’re going to get hit with a foot of snow through late afternoon, so we decided it would be safer to stay home and watch it on tv.

With that said, I have to wonder what the news of Paige’s return will do for ticket sales at The XL Center for tomorrow’s game?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not sure about the last two minutes of the game, but I would expect Paige to be on a Minutes limitation. It makes sense to get her in for short stretches so that the team can get used to each other and playing together at full strength. It will take a while, which isn’t to say that Paige doesn’t immediately make us better. She does.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure about the last two minutes of the game, but I would expect Paige to be on a Minutes limitation. It makes sense to get her in for short stretches so that the team can get used to each other and playing together at full strength. It will take a while, which isn’t to say that Paige doesn’t immediately make us better. She does.
I agree, but we’ve seen what Geno’s done with limit restrictions (i.e. Nika, Caroline, CW). So we’ll see! Happy as heck, nonetheless.

Reaction Score
The sigh of relief from UCONN Nation is deafening... ;)

I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
@Charliebball No attack, it does seam early but Geno has said for a few weeks now it would be her decision when she was ready. A mental thing and he was not pushing her. That also says the doctors have approved game tempo ability. I don't know if she will start but not being a gambler I would wager a good amount she gets limited minutes.

Reaction Score
Is St. Johns here? If not, what are the chances of there even being a game? Ugh! Anyway I'm excited to be "turning the Paige" on this incredibly trying season!

Reaction Score
. . . With that said, I have to wonder what the news of Paige’s return will do for ticket sales at The XL Center for tomorrow’s game?
It will be interesting to see if the draw of Paige's return will overcome the anti-draw
of the intimidating weather. I'm guessing that most folks will stay home. :(

Reaction Score
Is St. Johns here? If not, what are the chances of there even being a game? Ugh! Anyway I'm excited to be "turning the Paige" on this incredibly trying season!
There will be a game. It's a 2 1/2 hour bus ride. There's going to be hardly any snow along their route.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the draw of Paige's return will overcome the anti-draw
of the intimidating weather. I'm guessing that most folks will stay home. :(
My understanding is that the snow will end early in the day in CT. So with a 7 pm start, why not head over to the XL Center for Paige’s return?

Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
You cant just start playing again and practice is not playing. She'll get several minutes in, get back her rhythm, and take the bench. Probably more time in the BE tounament. If she wasnt ready, Geno wouldnt put her out there. Stop worrying and enjoy the show.

Reaction Score
This is great news! She looked really good in that practice video two days ago, but never could have imagined this. Good idea to give her some limited minutes against some less than competitive teams before the post season. Welcome back Paige!

Reaction Score
I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. PB is a tremendous talent and I'm glad she will be back on the court. I'm sure she would not be cleared to play if anyone with real knowledge of her physical well being (aka not the BY doctors) thought she was not physically ready.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I missed Bob Joyce's Coaches Show tonight so does anyone know if Geno knew about this news when he was on it? I am guessing that the show is pre-recorded, so maybe this breaking news wasn't discussed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom