She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread]

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
Of course we don't see how she's been moving in practices and what she has been attempting on the floor (quick changes of direction, sharp stops and starts, leaps and landings), so it's impossible to know or predict her readiness. But she's gotten the OK. Still, I'll be holding my breath while she's in any games for awhile . . . really.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I assume Paige will come off the bench on Friday. I honestly don’t care if she turns it over half a dozen times and she can’t hit the broad side of a barn shooting it. But the thrill that UConn fans will collectively feel when she takes off her warmups, heads over to the scoring table and checks into the game will be unbelievable.
Tsk, tsk-- if she can't drop at least 40% of her 3-point attempts, there will be many boneyarders demanding that she go back into rehab.:p

Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
I guess that is not Geno's preference !

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Paige gets enough accolades for her basketball prowess, but she deserves so much credit for her positive, upbeat attitude since the day she sustained her energy. She worked hard & eagerly assumed the role of cheerleader on the bench for every game. What a role model & positive example for any player suffering a serious injury!
Sometimes too much energy, she almost took a couple of players out with those crutches.:eek:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Among ESPN’s top overall (not just WBB) headlines:

And it was Alexa Philippou that penned the story. Bet she loved being able to write that since she did cover Paige over the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
So what changed in a day? I just read an article saying she wouldn't play in the regular season with Geno saying some days she feels like she can go and others not. Good days and bad days and she's just not there yet. Then it's "she's playing tomorrow." Strange. Personally, I wouldn't play her until the NCAA Tournament. I think the team can handle the BE Tournament without her. Make sure she's 100% when she's needed the most.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
But what about our bench entertainment? DeBerry brings physicality but Paige's subtle and less than subtle reactions are irreplaceable.

Reaction Score
876DAE23-15FB-4051-8F2F-E3B04EF5B7BD.jpeg
UConn’s chances in the tournament have gotten a lot better.

Reaction Score
I'm just relaying the info. Geno already said she wouldn't play right, this week. At the same time, there are articles that she will suit up:

Reaction Score
It’s funny, we all are saying (sincerely, I believe) that we are not expecting her to do much more than to safely get her toes wet, but I get the feeling none of us would be very surprised if she came out and scored 20 with 8-10 assists. I realize she probably won’t be in long enough to do that but still! Wishing her well, that’s for sure!

Reaction Score
My main concern is a slippery xL court with the ice underneath. Might be best to wait for a Gamble return.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It’s funny, we all are saying (sincerely, I believe) that we are not expecting her to do much more than to safely get her toes wet, but I get the feeling none of us would be very surprised if she came out and scored 20 with 8-10 assists. I realize she probably won’t be in long enough to do that but still! Wishing her well, that’s for sure!
I'd be satisfied with a double-double in her 10 to 15 minutes of play.;)

Reaction Score
Not to burst your bubble but in the “She’s back” thread this news was reported at around 5:30.
But the title of this thread is more accurate, useful, informative. Maybe the other thread will turn out to be correct; maybe there's later news that I'm unaware of, but clearance is only a step.

I think the fact that she has been cleared makes it likely that she will play. But give me some decent odds (since it is so certain in the other thread that she will play) and I'd bet against it. And personally, having seen her limping on Wednesday, I'd prefer she doesn't. But she & Geno (mostly Geno) know best.

Reaction Score
What I said couple of days ago is still my feeling:

Start with "the doctors": they say no it's no. Period. They say yes, proceed to next step.

Paige says no, or she's uncertain, or yes but Geno doesn't believe her, it's no. Period. Otherwise, proceed to next step.

Here you have it absolutely right: get to this step and it's Geno alone. One of the reasons he deserves every dollar he is paid and a lot more. I personally wouldn't take the job for twice the money. God bless him.

Reaction Score
But the title of this thread is more accurate, useful, informative. Maybe the other thread will turn out to be correct; maybe there's later news that I'm unaware of, but clearance is only a step.

I think the fact that she has been cleared makes it likely that she will play. But give me some decent odds (since it is so certain in the other thread that she will play) and I'd bet against it. And personally, having seen her limping on Wednesday, I'd prefer she doesn't. But she & Geno (mostly Geno) know best.
The reporters said that Uconn and Geno said that she will play Friday night.

Reaction Score
The reporters said that Uconn and Geno said that she will play Friday night.
Then I apparently read the 5:30 pm yesterday announcement carelessly or with wishful thinking that it was not yet a done deal.

I think I'll watch the game on replay later (which I never do if there's an alternative),

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom