She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread]

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I went up to Hartford for Sunday and yesterday, to see the team play and hopefully see Paige play. She was without her brace on Sunday and was in uniform last night. My timing was off by 2 days. Darn!!

Best wishes, Paige! We love you and are thrilled to hear this good news.

The 2021-22 season starts for real tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Can not be better .. let's celebrate

il_794xN.3326192583_7xr0.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With games coming every couple of days there hasn't been time to have a
decent practice and won't be until Monday. In the meantime giving Paige some
minutes in the last two games will help her get back in the groove with the team.

Reaction Score
I’m sure we will see so many varying opinions about this, and already are. But one thing I’m certain about is that all parties involved in the decision making have Paige’s best interests in mind. Everyone can scrutinize film clips, or scour the internet medical articles, or predict the uncertain future. But the reality is, the only information we have, as spectators, are the short sound bites and clips that are made public. Far too little information to claim to know what’s best.

The fact is that Paige has been cleared to return, and I’m sure it will be further approached with her best interests in mind. As a fan, all I can do is be thankful that she’s returning to health, and will be returning to the game she loves. I’ll enjoy watching whatever she brings to the court, and continue to root for her continued success.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
I think the point is to ease her back in precisely for the reason they’re games she’s not needed so she can test it out without pushing it. Retuning during the Big East tournament makes it a little more pressure situation that she wouldn’t pull herself out of.

Reaction Score
Keep praying for continued improved health, return to full strength and continuing to improve speed [beyond what all opponents can put on the court for all the UCONN women, coaches and support staff...

Let "showtime" be released for all to see & UCONN fans to enjoy!

Great to have PB back!
I believe that just the sight of her on the floor will be a BIG TIME BOOST to the team. She just has to be Paige and do her thing and the team will do the rest. I feel sorry for the ST.John's women in the game. You can't fight Karma or Destiny.

Reaction Score
I have to admit to being almost breathless, which is not extraordinary for a 72-year-old, but to feel so about the return to the lineup of a college basketball player?

Then I remembered, what this means is that starting tomorrow night I'll be able to again witness the wonder that is Paige on court, the special talent that we've all so enjoyed and then had stolen from us.

I know from here on in, with fingers crossed for her continued good health, I will cherish each game Paige plays for the Huskies even more so than before. I hope that means 11 more games this season and every one of those the next two seasons.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
Valid points. I do understand your concern. However, I am pretty sure that the coaching staff, the medical team, Paige & her family, are considering all of what you mention. I am sure that Coach Auriemma has a plan in place in terms of how he will have Paige play, if she plays a lot, or a little, over the last two games of the season. Really all we can do is wait until Friday and see what those plans are.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I assume Paige will come off the bench on Friday. I honestly don’t care if she turns it over half a dozen times and she can’t hit the broad side of a barn shooting it. But the thrill that UConn fans will collectively feel when she takes off her warmups, heads over to the scoring table and checks into the game will be unbelievable.

Reaction Score
too much risk to reward imo, what would waiting one more week have done except be overcautious? What's wrong with that? A game against a bad St John's team in a regular season game is not going to tell us much.

Reaction Score
Paige gets enough accolades for her basketball prowess, but she deserves so much credit for her positive, upbeat attitude since the day she sustained her energy. She worked hard & eagerly assumed the role of cheerleader on the bench for every game. What a role model & positive example for any player suffering a serious injury!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think you love being a killjoy.

48499700.jpg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I posted that I was hoping that she would be ready for Senior Day so she could participate in honoring the 3 seniors that helped her win the awards she received last season. I think my post was not received very well because it appeared that I was implying that Paige would steal the headlines from the seniors on their day. Well, that scenario probably won't happen.
This is great news!!!

Reaction Score
I've posted before that when I watch a UConn game I keep track of points and fouls by quarter. For ease of use I put the players in approximate order of how much they can be expected to score. Pre-injury Paige was on the top line. For tomorrow's game she'll get demoted to a line below about 5 other players, next to Nika say. Because she is not going to get many minutes as she eases back. I'll reevaluate for the last regular season game after tomorrow's game is over

Reaction Score

Let the fun begin

She's cleared orthopedically but she is not in her usual playing shape, so it will take a while. Just as the were careful when the other injured came back by limiting their minutes, they will be even more so with her, plus the long layoff. But they can slowly work her in and that's a good thing. Assuming no setbacks, she should be in reasonable shape by the second week of the NCAAs.....whichever regional they end up in.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Guess that doctors appointment went well? Probably put out there now since it's going to be the first question on the Coach's Show which starts in 10 minutes.
I’m listening to the coach’s show now. The show was taped at noon ET, but not broadcast until 6:00 pm ET. We didn't get the news that Paige is back until an hour ago. They talked about Paige but didn't know the outcome of her office visit because it had not happened before the taping.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom