Schedule PC | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Schedule PC

Reaction Score
Back in the old BE, PC was not one of the teams that I looked forward to seeing UConn play. And by that I mean PC did nothing for me.

Syracuse, Pitt, St. John's, Georgetown, Villanova, yes, and in that order. PC was there with BC, West Virginia and Seton Hall. Rutgers, Va. Tech and Miami, even less interest.

C

Chief00

I hear you Chiefoo but I despise PC
JC is situated nice where he is in RI but I miss him in Madison and when I told him so he just laughed (I don't think he liked Madison CC and Pat ran out of new shops!!!)
Would love a rivalry with URIne but PC can keep their hockey team and sink into the sea - would rather play Brown if had to play Providence based team

It's closer to the Cape so Blaney can come over and beat JC in golf. His new golf club and living quarters are very nice.

C

Chief00

Where I differ from some other UConn fans - I love playing and beating teams that we hate.

C

Chief00

Why do you hate PC? They never did anything to you.

I don't really hate them in the true sense of the word. To develop rivalries you have to create foils - JC was a master at that. In this thread I named several including Drummond and Dunn's security posse's coming to blows @ Shrine. The JC Ryan Gomes presser and the Tate George / Eric Murdoch feud. We have more than enough to create that sizzle.

Reaction Score
Cooley said some really nice things about the UConn MBB brand and KO. He also revealed a little of PC's negative recruiting we have been hearing - UConn is spending its money on football and not supporting basketball and UConn's in a bad BB conference etc. First time, I have heard him say that publicly.
Cooley also said KO and him have had some talk about a game. With the Drummond vs Dunn posse flare up at Shrine, PC's negative recruiting while they are patting you on the back and KO/Cooley friendship - let's get it started. JC is spending increasing time in RI - so it would be in his wheelhouse.

This is a bigger factor than some may want to believe.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I'm not a historian but did UConn ever play PC in a meaningful game? Ever? BE Finals or winner win the regular season?

I don't know that UConn fans would be that excited to play PC.

I get that your fanbase is fired up coming off that magical run to the round of 32 a couple years ago but I honestly don't think UConn fans much value that once in a generation win like you guys.

scoobydoo

Reaction Score
PS: You can argue that Dunn's accomplishment was greater than Shabazz or Kemba because of the last 25 years, its 4 times tougher for PC to win a NCAA tourney game than it is for UConn to win a NC.

So you have that going for you.

Reaction Score

Even the best football schools play a cupcake. UConn has Virginia, BC, Missouri on the slate coming up in addition to ranked teams like USF. PC is playing the Moses Brown school, and the oddsmakers favor Mosses Brown.

scoobydoo

Reaction Score

Nothing this century?

And I didn't look it up but I find it hard to beleive PC made it to BE semi final. That's seems more like a science fiction plot...

scoobydoo

Reaction Score

Part of being a PC fan is thinking reality is douchey. Embrace it.

scoobydoo

Reaction Score

I like it better when you lecture us about not being douchey

Reaction Score
I'd be fine with scheduling PC.

However, I'd be more interested in playing Pitt or WVU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom