Schedule PC | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Schedule PC

Reaction Score

Aww, Skippy. Now you're all upset and posting nonsense.

Going to enjoy this beautiful New England day. Suggest you do the same.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't really hate them in the true sense of the word. To develop rivalries you have to create foils - JC was a master at that. In this thread I named several including Drummond and Dunn's security posse's coming to blows @ Shrine. The JC Ryan Gomes presser and the Tate George / Eric Murdoch feud. We have more than enough to create that sizzle.
There are many reasons to schedule games. A reaction to urinating contests between two security posse's is not one of them

If you don't like the schedule, don't waste your time and money going to the games. It's really that simple.

Are you claiming that on PC's board there have never been any posts knocking our program? I know for a fact that on the old Big East Board, in PC's section a handful of PC fans continually knocked us, even during national title runs.

C

Chief00

There are many reasons to schedule games. A reaction to urinating contests between two security posse's is not one of them

If you don't like the schedule, don't waste your time and money going to the games. It's really that simple.

Are you claiming that on PC's board there have never been any posts knocking our program? I know for a fact that on the old Big East Board, in PC's section a handful of PC fans continually knocked us, even during national title runs.

I can't really argue about our home slate of games being terrible.
Absolutely, Calhoun would have used the posse fight as a motivator. Kids can relate to that. You need to motivate 20 years old kids from the inner cities not 50 year old guys from the Gold Coast.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No, it really isn't that simple if you are more than a casual fan.

Reaction Score
From what I hear, if the game gets put on the schedule, this will actually be one of the main reasons why it gets done.

pj

Reaction Score
Are you joining the AAC? Because then we'd play you. If not, you're not better than any of the P5 OOC teams we play, and you never will be.

UConn controls its OOC, not the conference it's in. UConn has been in the same conference since 1979, and hasn't received an invitation to leave for elsewhere. UConn has 7 OOC games with schools much better than yours.

And several OOC games against teams worse than Providence: Colgate, BU, Columbia, Monmouth, Coppin State.

Including Providence in the schedule would upgrade it. They are the closest high quality team to Storrs.

Reaction Score
IMO Nova (as an old rival) and Cincinnati (as a new rival) are the best and most exciting teams on our home schedule.

Reaction Score
And several OOC games against teams worse than Providence: Colgate, BU, Columbia, Monmouth, Coppin State.

Including Providence in the schedule would upgrade it. They are the closest high quality team to Storrs.

So, wait a second, you want UConn to play 8 top OOC games?

As for being the closest high quality team to Storrs, how tightly do you want to draw that travel ring? I could say Hartford is the most high quality team within 25 miles, or Yale the highest quality other than UConn in Ct., etc.

For every home and home you schedule, you remove 2 $$ games. Look at this year: Auburn, Arizona away. Because you can't balance these games easily, especially when you're dedicated to MSG and a top tourney.

In other words, you can't do it. You can't have 8 top OOC games & MSG & a top tourney, unless you're willing to go to 3 $$ cupcake games.

This is insane that we're even discussing this.

pj

Reaction Score
So, wait a second, you want UConn to play 8 top OOC games?

Yes.

As for being the closest high quality team to Storrs, how tightly do you want to draw that travel ring? I could say Hartford is the most high quality team within 25 miles, or Yale the highest quality other than UConn in Ct., etc.

Let's consider P5+Big East as quality. So nearest alternatives would be BC, St John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Cuse, Villanova.

This is insane that we're even discussing this.

Why?

Reaction Score
Yes.

Let's consider P5+Big East as quality. So nearest alternatives would be BC, St John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Cuse, Villanova.

Why?

Because more than 7 top OOC games is totally unrealistic.

You are asking them to do something no one else does. Gonzaga for instance plays in an even weaker conference, and they don't schedule more tough OOC games, and they still have their cupcakes. AND, it's not even that it is not a smart idea to schedule more than 7 top OOC teams, but also the fact that it is nearly impossible for an AD to arrange that many games.

For every home and home, you have to guarantee a return. And this is part of the problem with this year's home schedule. UConn is on the road at Auburn and Arizona.

I bet if you polled everyone here, 90% would prefer an MSG game to a home-and-home against teams like Providence. If you got rid of that MSG game, you could do a game against PC.

In other words, what are you willing to give up for this?

Look at the schedules around the country. Who schedules 8+ top OOC games. Who has only 3 cupcakes.

Reaction Score
Because more than 7 top OOC games is totally unrealistic.

You are asking them to do something no one else does. Gonzaga for instance plays in an even weaker conference, and they don't schedule more tough OOC games, and they still have their cupcakes. AND, it's not even that it is not a smart idea to schedule more than 7 top OOC teams, but also the fact that it is nearly impossible for an AD to arrange that many games.

For every home and home, you have to guarantee a return. And this is part of the problem with this year's home schedule. UConn is on the road at Auburn and Arizona.

I bet if you polled everyone here, 90% would prefer an MSG game to a home-and-home against teams like Providence. If you got rid of that MSG game, you could do a game against PC.

In other words, what are you willing to give up for this?

Look at the schedules around the country. Who schedules 8+ top OOC games. Who has only 3 cupcakes.

Well, who do we have next year?

Arizona
Nova (@ MSG)
2 of Cuse/Iowa/Oregon (@MSG)

Seems like we have a bunch of openings and could do far worse than Providence @ Mohegan. Or would you rather renew the Auburn series?

Reaction Score
I mean strictly off of home games, yeah our schedule sucks but not much they can do being in the AAC. Would love to do home/homes with PC only because it's a program that we have history with and is local. Also can you stop triggering Upstarter dude tries to break the internet over the dumbest topics

Reaction Score
Well, who do we have next year?

Arizona
Nova (@ MSG)
2 of Cuse/Iowa/Oregon (@MSG)

Seems like we have a bunch of openings and could do far worse than Providence @ Mohegan. Or would you rather renew the Auburn series?

I'd rather play a better team than Providence. You?

Reaction Score
I mean strictly off of home games, yeah our schedule sucks but not much they can do being in the AAC. Would love to do home/homes with PC only because it's a program that we have history with and is local. Also can you stop triggering Upstarter dude tries to break the internet over the dumbest topics

Yeah, this board could use more smart topics, like best tacos in Connecticut. It really is dumb discussing the UConn basketball schedule. Better to keep things On Topic.

Reaction Score
Depends on who we can get. If it's someone like Auburn, then hell ya, I'd rather play Providence.

I agree. I didn't list Auburn among my 40 schools I'd rather see. However, it can't be denied that Bruce Pearl is building a very talented team down there, even if the school has no juice in college basketball. That being said, pick one of the 40 or so I listed. They've played Stanford before. Maryland. Michigan. Texas. Even NC State. Such schools would do it for me.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
No, it really isn't that simple if you are more than a casual fan.
True, but it is that simple if the one complaining about the schedule is a fan of another school.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

I don't believe we need to make a return trip on any of those games you mentioned. If PC were willing to do a one-off in Hartford or Gampel, your point would be valid. As I doubt that is a possibility, you're comparing apples to oranges.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Let's get this game going just once so we can bitch slap PeeCee and then have the Friar fan with no Providence friends on the internet shut up about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom