Schedule PC | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Schedule PC

Reaction Score

I don't live within 400 miles of there.
Even if I was, it wouldn't make any difference. I don't whine about these things. Also, my school isn't on the wall of shame of schools of historically bad OOC schedules, as yours is. UConn has nothing to apologize for when it schedules 7 OOC. PC on the other hand.

Reaction Score

As posted in the G'town thread, there are only 9 power schools schools that have had a worse OOC schedule than PC 2012. Pathetic.

C

Chief00

MSG is central to all of this. UConn could easily forget about MSG and do another home and home. That would work.

Remove MSG. You have 2 home games against P5 and 2 away games. Simple as that.

I'll say this again. NO team out of 3,000 plus has 8 games against P5.

This means that, given the MSG game, UConn could have had EITHER 2 home games against P5 or else 1. And that all depended on what happened last year or the previous year, or even the future, and what they owed.

If you get rid of MSG, then of course you can have 2 P5 home games. But if you keep MSG, and you add another P5 home game (which you'll owe a return on next year) you will be doing something that no other school in America does, and that is play 8 P5 homes games, or more.

There are like 8 cupcake games we could trade off one - which no one would even remotely miss. You are bringing up a crazy false choice narrative with MSG.

Reaction Score
There are like 8 cupcake games we could trade off one - which no one would even remotely miss. You are bringing up a crazy false choice narrative with MSG.

There are not.

Where do you get that?

They have Colgate, Boston U, Columbia, Monmouth and Coppin State. Five.

You can eliminate any one of these and go to 8 power conference games. Which is more than every other school in America. But like I said, and also others, there are a great many schools that would make for better opponents if you were going to do this.

Reaction Score

2012. Your SOS was ranked 337 in the nation.

As for your SOS (or even conference SOS) being stronger every year since the split, it wasn't true of 2014. UConn's conference schedule was ranked 26 that year. Non-conference: 55. PC meanwhile was ranked 40 conference/72 outside it.

By the way, are you sure that PC even wants to play UConn? I mean, the last 2 years, your OOC has been ranked 180 (2016) and holy moly, 287!!! (2017). That is awful. What makes you think PC wants to play UConn?

C

Chief00

There are not.

Where do you get that?

You can eliminate any one of these and go to 8 power conference games. Which is more than every other school in America. But like I said, and also others, there are a great many schools that would make for better opponents if you were going to do this.

Hopefully you don't work in business because you have no clue how to make money. If this is such a great home schedule, why did we average 8k fans per game last season and many were empty sold seats.

Do you have season tickets or are you watching HD TV in your basement?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If this is such a great home schedule, why did we average 8k fans per game last season and many were empty sold seats.

Because the fanbase is comprised of frontrunners and bandwagoners who only care about "what have you done for me lately?"

C

Chief00

Because the fanbase is comprised of frontrunners and bandwagoners who only care about "what have you done for me lately?"

So you are now calling many in the fan base casual fans. What a turnaround.

Reaction Score
Hopefully you don't work in business because you have no clue how to make money. If this is such a great home schedule, why did we average 8k fans per game last season and many were empty sold seats.

You do realize that you make money from empty sold seats, don't you?

Are you sure you know about "business?"

They obviously like cupcake games for 2 reasons: NO RETURN GAMES, WINS. Simple as that.

Hell, Chief, why not play twice as many P5s OOC than any other team in America. You could have 15 P5 OOC games.

Reaction Score

You have an aversion to facts. Don't lie next time. You were wrong. Admit it, instead of crying like a petulant child.

C

Chief00

You do realize that you make money from empty sold seats, don't you?

Are you sure you know about "business?"

They obviously like cupcake games for 2 reasons: NO RETURN GAMES, WINS. Simple as that.

Hell, Chief, why not play twice as many P5s OOC than any other team in America. You could have 15 P5 OOC games.

I am throwing a Hail Mary pass and trying to coach you up on this and hope something sinks in.
As I stated, Lew's old cash cow model is obsolete. The dogs are not eating the food. You can argue they should but they aren't. People want quality and entertainment today or else they will spend their discretionary money elsewhere.

C

Chief00

There are not.

Where do you get that?

Add the two exhibition games against Merrimack and Queens and that's seven. These are part of the season ticket package.
I also believe there was a game to be added Nov14th or 15th - which may have already been announced by now. If so, you get to 8.

Last edited by a moderator:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't agree that's how XL home games work - we could get 15k fans for PC vs 8k for a cupcake at XL - so that's the equalvalent of playing a cupcake for 2 home games. Additionally, we have gone to pricing games differently the last few years in basketball and football - not one size fits all. So we might charge $35 or $40 for PC vs $20-$25 for s cupcake.
Lew was a good AD and a friend but the cash cow model he used is now outdated - people have too many entertainment options - and tickets are no longer the same $15 per game for every game. You need to be more nimble today.
If we could get additional TV money for better games that would help too.
Lew was a friend? If this is true it makes your obsession with Bunkey even creepier.

I do understand the model that Benedict is pursuing and within that, a one-off neutral site game against PC in Boston or a home & home with PC's home game in Boston would work. I'm not sure how willing PC would be to those terms however as they now can claim that they have won one NCAA tournament game during the lifetime of current recruiting targets. These are high times for Friar fans.

Reaction Score
Add the two exhibition games against Merrimack and Queens and that's seven. These are part of the season ticket package.
I also believe there was a game to be added Nov14th or 15th - which may have already been announced by now. If so, you get to 8.

You know, you're right. They should remove Queens and schedule PC for an exhibition game!

Reaction Score
I am throwing a Hail Mary pass and trying to coach you up on this and hope something sinks in.
As I stated, Lew's old cash cow model is obsolete. The dogs are not eating the food. You can argue they should but they aren't. People want quality and entertainment today or else they will spend their discretionary money elsewhere.

People want wins and a new conference.

Has nothing to do with Perkins. Perkins was selling them the Big East.

C

Chief00

Lew was a friend? If this is true it makes your obsession with Bunkey even creepier.

I do understand the model that Benedict is pursuing and within that, a one-off neutral site game against PC in Boston or a home & home with PC's home game in Boston would work. I'm not sure how willing PC would be to those terms however as they now can claim that they have won one NCAA tournament game during the lifetime of current recruiting targets. These are high times for Friar fans.

I think you really limit yourself in life when you choose to only connect with people of one age demographic, income or race. I was never brought up like that - always greet everyone with respect. It's amazing when you do that, how many different types of people you can connect with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom