Schedule PC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schedule PC

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of doing something similar to the Big 5 (Temple, Nova, LaSalle, Penn, St Joes) for quite some time. Call it the New England 5 (UCONN, Providence, BC, Vermont, URI)

Familiar, regional opponents. Easy to attend away games. Better than playing the likes of Coppin St/Colgate/Columbia/etc (in both fan appeal and RPI/KenPom)

Make it happen AD David Benedict. (I know you read the Boneyard.)

Reaction Score
Chief are you sure you aren't just reciting a story from a 90's rap video? Sorry to here he had to wait in line like casual fans and what's worse, had to pay. I'm willing to put in if he's a little short on funds.

C

Chief00

Chief are you sure you aren't just reciting a story from a 90's rap video? Sorry to here he had to wait in line like casual fans and what's worse, had to pay. I'm willing to put in if he's a little short on funds.

Don't be messing with my man - he waited and paid. The issue is what Dunn and his people were suppose to do and didn't.

Quite frankly, it's standard for celebrities to not have to wait at a popular club. Andre could have probably got in earlier on his own but played by the rules. Dunn and his people didn't do what they were suppose to.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Don't be messing with my man - he waited and paid. The issue is what Dunn and his people were suppose to do and didn't.

Quite frankly, it's standard for celebrities to not have to wait at a popular club. Andre could have probably got in earlier on his own but played by the rules. Dunn and his people didn't do what they were suppose to.
Forgive me for taking the bait, so because Dunn didn't help Andre get in without waiting, two of their "security" (lol) had to fight? And JC would approve of this idiocy how?

C

Chief00

Forgive me for taking the bait, so because Dunn didn't help Andre get in without waiting, two of their "security" (lol) had to fight? And JC would approve of this idiocy how?

It was because of what was represented ahead of time. Again, perhaps there was a miscommunication - that has happened before with me on one occasion. Bottomline, the security guys felt disrespected, by Dunn's security guys.

Again, no big deal - I posted it in a humorous way - some of you guys need to lighten up a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

If you knew Andre security guys - look like NFL linemen - you would wonder what Dunn's crew was thinking.

C

Chief00

Would that be the time that you thought Andre was in Connecticut or the time you thought you were in Las Vegas?
LOL - the famous time he was suppose to go to a game at Gampel but at the last minute didn't.

Reaction Score
We don't gain anything by beating them and losing to them is monumental. That's the reason we don't play them. I was at the Gampel in 04 when they cleaned our clock, beating an Okafor Gordon team that later won the NCAAchampionship.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
We don't gain anything by beating them and losing to them is monumental. That's the reason we don't play them. I was at the Gampel in 04 when they cleaned our clock, beating an Okafor Gordon team that later won the NCAAchampionship.!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've become a perennial tournament team. We're not talking about Depaul or Rutgers. Should we stop scheduling Nova and Cuse too?

Reaction Score
Nova and Cuse are brand names, PeeCee while doing very well under Cooley have been very spotty the last 25 years. How many NCAA tournament games have they won in that time??

Reaction Score

Monumental maybe in your eyes only or maybe 5 years ago, but not today. They are an improved team, a local NE team from a major BB conf, solid competition and a better draw than some of the other OOC games on our schedule. I don't see any logical reason why we shouldn't want to play them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Detroit and Chicago already play each other...and a lot...

Tell me if I understand this correctly...The prevailing thought is that because one played for Providence College and other for UConn in their intercollegiate years (year, in Drummond's case), there should be a grudge match between those in the respective programs who were in middle school when these two played?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nova and Cuse are brand names, PeeCee while doing very well under Cooley have been very spotty the last 25 years. How many NCAA tournament games have they won in that time??
I like PC on the schedule for geography reasons and they would eliminate a cupcake who bring nothing to the table especially if the beat us. PC even in a down year is better than Wagner or Monmouth.

C

Chief00

Detroit and Chicago already play each other...and a lot...

Tell me if I understand this correctly...The prevailing though is that because one played for Providence College and other for UConn in their intercollegiate years (year, in Drummond's case), there should be a grudge match between those in the respective programs who were in middle school when these two played?

Compare Drummond's role with Detroit to Dunn's on Chicago. One is an NBA All Star and the other is a bench guy.

UConn MBB is a brotherhood. The disrespect matters. My guess is Calhoun would use this as a motivational tool, if he still was coaching. Players get this.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Compare Drummond's role with Detroit to Dunn's on Chicago. One is an NBA All Star and the other is a bench guy.

UConn MBB is a brotherhood. The disrespect matters. My guess is Calhoun would use this as a motivational tool, if he still was coaching. Players get this.

So Calhoun would use a club fight between body guards of former players at PC and UConn, that's completely unconfirmed by anyone outside of you, as motivation to his players? Got it

C

Chief00

So Calhoun would use a club fight between body guards of former players at PC and UConn, that's completely unconfirmed by anyone outside of you, as motivation to his players? Got it

It happened - and you bet he would use as motivation. You got to be kidding me. This is right in his wheelhouse to hit out of the park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom