Precious Achiuwa generic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed this earlier....

AAC Basketball: Way-too-early power rankings for 2019-2020 season

"Those freshmen will add some needed quality depth to UConn’s roster, but the big fish out there is five-star wing Precious Achiuwa. The Huskies are considered the favorite to land the nation’s No. 13 overall prospect (according to 247sports) and have been for a while, but a few other schools – namely North Carolina, St. John’s, and Memphis – are trying to get into the mix. "

Not news but more press can't hurt.....right?
It’s all just rumors and speculation. He hasn’t taken an OV and often fails to even mention us when asked about his recruitment. I wouldnt bet on us.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Except for Akok, Gaffney and Bouknight. It's a dumb pissing contest in any event. Nobody really closely connected to the team would be able to reveal details showing those connections or those connections would dry up. I take everything from everyone with several spoonfuls of salt.

If Precious comes here, what does that mean for Zion's "Next"? Is he a fraud then? No. It means that Dan Hurley himself can't predict what these kids will do with any certainty, nor could Ollie or Calhoun. The most we can get from any insider is a vague sense of what the staff thinks, which may or may not be accurate itself.
It's not remotely true that chief called those. Literally every time I see chief say he's hearing something I've seen it said by another insider on a different thread, or even the same thread. He's never first with news. Ever.

Reaction Score
It’s a quiet recruitment and our staff is tight lipped. I don’t think anyone really knows where we stand. I’m sure he’s a long shot but you never know.

This is what I implied the other day. I’m not saying we are the favorite to land him, but we are still in the running. He’s not quite a NEXT...

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Except for Akok, Gaffney and Bouknight. It's a dumb pissing contest in any event. Nobody really closely connected to the team would be able to reveal details showing those connections or those connections would dry up. I take everything from everyone with several spoonfuls of salt.
How many pyramid schemes have you fallen for?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Just want to point out that not getting an official isnt necessarily a bad thing. He took/is taking official visits to UNC, Kansas, UCLA and one other correct? Link between these schools? They’re all far away and would be fun to visit. The kid is smart to have all his expenses paid on these trips and get chauffeured around. He’d be dumb to visit uconn, which is right next door, especially during final exams / summer vacation. Don’t you guys want smart kids?

If I was him, I’d use my last official visit on Arizona state, USC, or maybe Hawaii? Top choice would be Louisville though
That was the standard when I was coming out. Select at least one visit as a vacation visit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But he didn't break any of these.

Anyway, we're on the "Let's argue about Chief" part of the thread. It comes after Bargaining. Probably should shut this down.

By that standard nobody here ever “broke” anything. None of the so-called insiders. Nothing. Which is fine. It’s what I said on the whole.

Reaction Score
It's not remotely true that chief called those. Literally every time I see chief say he's hearing something I've seen it said by another insider on a different thread, or even the same thread. He's never first with news. Ever.
And yet people eat up the information when husky99 tells us "I'm hearing...." because he read it somewhere or asked Zags (who by the way would print or tweet it himself if he actually knew something and take credit for it rather than tell someone else).

I highly doubt anyone posting anything on here gets something from the UConn coaches. Don't you think if they did it would be the last time the coaches ever told them anything?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ITT, did I miss something or did I miss nothing?

Reaction Score
And yet people eat up the information when husky99 tells us "he's hearing...." because he read it somewhere or asked Zags (who by the way would print or tweet it himself if he actually knew something and take credit for it rather than tell someone else).

I highly doubt anyone posting anything on here gets something from the UConn coaches. Don't you think if they did it would be the last time the coaches ever told them anything?

Considering that our insiders have spanned 2-3 different coaching staffs it is obvious that there is no connection to the staff. What is the commonality? Is Chardis more in the loop and more loose lipped than he should be? Doran? No chance. The clear answer to me is a connection to a booster who is fed vague tidbits as one of the benefits of his or her generosity. And given that our guys know the exact same information at the same time, I'd guess there is one particular loose lipped booster. I believe @Matrim55 works in sports media, albeit in a different sport so he may be a little plugged into that equation.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Chardis is much TIGHTER lipped in his new position. His journalist job seemed more connected to fans and recruiting fanatics. Yes the staff turnover (2010-2018) makes things much harder to keep up with recruiting.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Yeah - you were the genius that was suppose to disprove Dre was coming to the game. You probably found out Chief was correct, but wouldn't man up.

From what I know it didn’t happen the way you claim it did.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Chardis is much TIGHTER lipped in his new position. His journalist job seemed more connected to fans and recruiting fanatics. Yes the staff turnover (2010-2018) makes things much harder to keep up with recruiting.

Yea this is why I said no chance. I was just mentioning the only holdovers I could think of to point out that it's highly doubtful anyonr in the program is talking to our insiders.

Reaction Score
Calhoun and staff were masters at utilizing the media (esp. Chardis) to help recruiting.
Not sure either regime since can figure out how to accomplish that. (Certainly newspapers power is vastly diminished over the last several decades.) With the new "media" scene it is much harder to accomplish what Calhoun dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom