Precious Achiuwa generic update | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa generic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bfield didn't say "in it" he said "we're in play here". Anyone could say St John's is "in it" and everyone is like yeah ok, but if someone said "St John's is in play here", that's something much more definitive. Babbling BfieldH makes sense here.

"in it" and "in play" seem like exactly the same thing to me. Nothing definitive, just that we are in the mix or in the game or whatever you want. I was simply paraphrasing. It basically means he's listening.

They're both hearing two different things from two likely decent sources. That's recruiting for you.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
"in it" and "in play" seem like exactly the same thing to me. Nothing definitive, just that we are in the mix or in the game or whatever you want. I was simply paraphrasing. It basically means he's listening.

They're both hearing two different things from two likely decent sources. That's recruiting for you.
We're debating the difference between in it and in play? Jesus Mary and Joseph enough is enough

Reaction Score
Here’s my take on how the PA recruiting is being played out.
..I think the staff will be getting a big one way or another.
..I think the staff is saving the last scholarship for PA. They believe we are still “in play” and “in it” and that’s why no other offer has been made yet ( that we know of ) to a grad transfer,transfer or a JUCO. Yes I am aware that the spring signing period is getting started.
..It’s sounding like we may be his last scheduled OV and very soon after that , I believe, we will know if he is coming to Storrs.If he commits somewhere else then its plan B for another big.
..If he commits to us then it would be the icing on the cake on an unbelievable class. If he doesn’t commit Hurley and staff has still done a GREAT job in getting the 3 players that have already committed. Akon,Bouk and Gaffney were all had by the coaches after only being on staff about 7-8 months which is pretty dam(n) impressive.
..Yes the staff would be disappointed about losing him but the 2020 class is where Hurley was looking to make his mark. We have all seen UConn mentioned with a lot of talent from this class.

Just my opinion.

C

Chief00

Another busy day is complete and re-reading some of this thread it must be a done deal since Chief never predicts unless a guy already commits and everyone else knows too. That must be true since some casual fan posters say it is.

The above narrative is all in fun and is not meant to be a criticism of anyone this Easter Season and as Passover Week begins on Friday.

The grind continues but not until dawn. You can’t love recruiting unless you love optimism and that’s where Chief resides tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Where I’m at is I’m fine playing a little chicken with other recruits trying to get him. I think personally that we get him - I mean it’s awful hard to top a class like this. We don’t, we’ll were still in excellent shape heading forward and I think we end up w/ a player or two we really like anyway so I’m fine letting it ride if that’s the case.

Reaction Score
Cole Anthony is announcing on Monday. Anyone know how many scholarships UNC has left? If he commits there can they still get PA?

Reaction Score
Cole Anthony is announcing on Monday. Anyone know how many scholarships UNC has left? If he commits there can they still get PA?

I believe the NCAA punishment for the athletes not actually going to class at UNC gave them 2 more scholarships a year. It was the NCAA's way of "punishing" the creative P5 schools.:D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn looking to fill out next year’s roster with big man, immediate help, then turn its recruiting focus to 2020 vision
Of course, there’s still five-star forward Precious Achiuwa, a McDonald’s All-American in whom the Huskies have devoted plenty of recruiting hours. However, while it appeared UConn had as good a chance as any to land him a few months ago, those chances now appear to be lessening. North Carolina appears to be his likely landing spot, though Achiuwa also recently visited Memphis, and Kansas is still strong. He has not visited UConn, and while his lengthy recruitment has been as unpredictable as any, a commitment to the Huskies seems unlikely at this point.

Borges just dunked on Chief.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UConn looking to fill out next year’s roster with big man, immediate help, then turn its recruiting focus to 2020 vision
Of course, there’s still five-star forward Precious Achiuwa, a McDonald’s All-American in whom the Huskies have devoted plenty of recruiting hours. However, while it appeared UConn had as good a chance as any to land him a few months ago, those chances now appear to be lessening. North Carolina appears to be his likely landing spot, though Achiuwa also recently visited Memphis, and Kansas is still strong. He has not visited UConn, and while his lengthy recruitment has been as unpredictable as any, a commitment to the Huskies seems unlikely at this point.

He read this thread, that's all I got from that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The guesses from Borges, Rivals, the other McD AA kids and anybody here are about as valuable as your guesses on what I'm having for lunch. Go on, make a prediction. I haven't decided yet, nor has Precious, so it's all pointless. "Sandwich" seems a safe prediction but you can never tell when someone might have a hankering for jalapeño bacon mac and cheese. It's been known to happen.

All I can say is that between the comments we've seen from BF, Chief and the McD AA players, it seems he hasn't ruled us out yet.

C

Chief00

So are you saying he did not already commit before my post as a number of casual fans stated?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We're debating the difference between in it and in play? Jesus Mary and Joseph enough is enough

Simply clarifying my earlier post, which I didn't think needed parsing in the first place, but that's just me

Reaction Score
I don't even know what you are saying here.

He is saying that you are a casual fan and thus can not decipher recruiting tid bits since you lack the decoder ring.

C

Chief00

I don't even know what you are saying here.
I was just joking about some posters saying my predictions are usually correct because I wait until the guy commits and everyone else already knows - then I predict. LOL Chief wishes recruiting was that easy.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was just joking about some posters saying my predictions are usually correct because I wait until the guy commits and everyone else already knows - then I predict. LOL Chief wishes recruiting was that easy.
So what were all your flood references to this week? Just chief being chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom