Precious Achiuwa generic update | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa generic update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost every new college kid has decided where they are going by now becsuse the last acceptances go out by April 1. Don’t get what the delay for hoop players is. I hope this guy hasn’t kept Hurley from getting a more likely to commit player.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Almost every new college kid has decided where they are going by now becsuse the last acceptances go out by April 1. Don’t get what the delay for hoop players is. I hope this guy hasn’t kept Hurley from getting a more likely to commit player.

They are trying to get more money

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Because basketball players live by different rules than regular students.

Reaction Score
Unlike regular students, school's won't tell an athlete no if he wants to come no matter how late it is

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I try to tell the Casual Fans, this is the most ridiculous argument. Chief has never invited the insider label or self identified with it. I have posted that multiple times. I don’t understand the warped mindset that puts people in categories as insiders or outsiders. Nor do I see people as donors or non donors. However, I do think the University bought into stupid when they believed the narrative that there’s a great population of casual fans just waiting to generously donate once UConn basically replaced cumulative priority point seating with current year seat donations.
I acknowledge a great loyalty toward Coach Calhoun and sure there have been some players and assistants I have been particularly fond of but these are primarily personal relationships and there’s no great design to intentionaly create insider’s access. People laugh at Chief but I also have friendships with security guards, beer vendors and yes even the janitors. Chief thinks if more casual fans focused more on just relating to all people their insiders access (whatever that is) would happen naturally. Sure it helps to donate generously based on means and attend games but if you are known for having Clyde V’s or Nate Miles backs when they are down you get more respect that way.

As Chief always tells the Casual Fan, he doesn't assign labels.

Reaction Score
From Rivals:

Where he stands: Achiuwa just wrapped up an official visit to Memphis and has also taken recent trips to Kansas and North Carolina. UConn, Georgia and others are also involved.

Predictions: Kansas (Bossi, McDonald); Memphis (Evans)

They have Watford and Quinones to Memphis.

Reaction Score
From Rivals:

Where he stands: Achiuwa just wrapped up an official visit to Memphis and has also taken recent trips to Kansas and North Carolina. UConn, Georgia and others are also involved.

Predictions: Kansas (Bossi, McDonald); Memphis (Evans)

They have Watford and Quinones to Memphis.
Oh so he was just at Memphis? Others on board said that OV was this coming Monday

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Until he announces a commitment date, we still should get a visit. Nobody has the sense he's in any rush to make a decision, which sounds like it'll be good for us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
zionn vs BF here...

We're 'in it' doesn't really mean much in terms of an actual commitment. No shame in getting in the mix. But Zionn's probably got the right side of it here.

Hopefully, we aren't sitting on this last scholarship waiting for Precious to decide. That could be detrimental, with everything else in play.

Reaction Score
What is Hurley’s plan, can’t get anyone until Precious decides? So if he offers someone else now that x’s out PA? Do we have multiple big man offers out there?

Reaction Score
Talked with A-Tope today he relayed info from B-Dawg who was having a coffee with C-Spoon who played golf D-squared the result no one knows anything.

I think he ends up with UConn and we get a Precisous bow for the recruiting season.

Reaction Score
We're 'in it' doesn't really mean much in terms of an actual commitment. No shame in getting in the mix. But Zionn's probably got the right side of it here.

Hopefully, we aren't sitting on this last scholarship waiting for Precious to decide. That could be detrimental, with everything else in play.
Bfield didn't say "in it" he said "we're in play here". Anyone could say St John's is "in it" and everyone is like yeah ok, but if someone said "St John's is in play here", that's something much more definitive. Babbling BfieldH makes sense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom