Precious Achiuwa generic update | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa generic update

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

From what I know it didn’t happen the way you claim it did.
So you are now acknowledging it happened (that Dre was coming to the game) as Chief has stated but quarreling over details regarding the miscommunication when plans changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Every great recruiting thread has to devolve into an argument about whether or not Chief actually has inside info. It isn’t a proper recruiting thread without it.

I try to tell the Casual Fans, this is the most ridiculous argument. Chief has never invited the insider label or self identified with it. I have posted that multiple times. I don’t understand the warped mindset that puts people in categories as insiders or outsiders. Nor do I see people as donors or non donors. However, I do think the University bought into stupid when they believed the narrative that there’s a great population of casual fans just waiting to generously donate once UConn basically replaced cumulative priority point seating with current year seat donations.
I acknowledge a great loyalty toward Coach Calhoun and sure there have been some players and assistants I have been particularly fond of but these are primarily personal relationships and there’s no great design to intentionaly create insider’s access. People laugh at Chief but I also have friendships with security guards, beer vendors and yes even the janitors. Chief thinks if more casual fans focused more on just relating to all people their insiders access (whatever that is) would happen naturally. Sure it helps to donate generously based on means and attend games but if you are known for having Clyde V’s or Nate Miles backs when they are down you get more respect that way.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I try to tell the Casual Fans, this is the most ridiculous argument. Chief has never invited the insider label or self identified with it. I have posted that multiple times. I don’t understand the warped mindset that puts people in categories as insiders or outsiders. Nor do I see people as donors or non donors. However, I do think the University bought into stupid when they believed the narrative that there’s a great population of casual fans just waiting to generously donate once UConn basically replaced cumulative priority point seating with current year seat donations.
I acknowledge a great loyalty toward Coach Calhoun and sure there have been some players and assistants I have been particularly fond of but these are primarily personal relationships and there’s no great design to intentionaly create insider’s access. People laugh at Chief but I also have friendships with security guards, beer vendors and yes even the janitors. Chief thinks if more casual fans focused more on just relating to all people their insiders access (whatever that is) would happen naturally. Sure it helps to donate generously based on means and attend games but if you are known for having Clyde V’s or Nate Miles backs when they are down you get more respect that way.
Soo what are Nate Miles and Clyde doing these days? (Seriously I am interested and would like to evolve this thread)

Reaction Score
If Chief00 annoys you & brings no value in your opinion there is an easy solution..... hit the ignore button. I know from the Instagram conversations & such, technology may be beyond some of your capabilities. If you’re a casual computer user, let me know & I’ll help you find the ignore button

Reaction Score
It helps to donate generously based on means? Are you suggesting that if I earn 50k and donate $500 dollars(1%) that the athletic department and school will view that in the same light as if i earned $1MM and donated 10k?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Rivals Roundtable: Hot topics for the late signing period

“Bossi: I mentioned him above, but I can’t get any kind of read on what
Precious Achiuwa is going to do. For the longest time it looked like UConn would be his destination, but from what I’ve heard it’s not going to happen. Kansas, Memphis and North Carolina have gotten visits and Georgia is still in play, but at least for now he doesn’t appear to be in any kind of hurry to decide.”
Anything he says after I can't get any kind of read on what he's going to do is pure speculation and flat out guessing.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Rivals Roundtable: Hot topics for the late signing period

“Bossi: I mentioned him above, but I can’t get any kind of read on what
Precious Achiuwa is going to do. For the longest time it looked like UConn would be his destination, but from what I’ve heard it’s not going to happen. Kansas, Memphis and North Carolina have gotten visits and Georgia is still in play, but at least for now he doesn’t appear to be in any kind of hurry to decide.”

AKA no one has any idea where he's going. All speculation at this point. It appears this staff doesn't give up, which is a good sign.

Reaction Score
I know a well known national recruiting guy who's got all sorts of sources who said he thinks UConn is totally out.

I know a guy who's fairly close to the team and would know and said they were pretty darn optimistic.

So. The more people who know things find out, the less anyone knows, really. Good on the kid for keeping everyone on their toes.

Reaction Score
I know a well known national recruiting guy who's got all sorts of sources who said he thinks UConn is totally out.

I know a guy who's fairly close to the team and would know and said they were pretty darn optimistic.

So. The more people who know things find out, the less anyone knows, really. Good on the kid for keeping everyone on their toes.

So much Tyrion Lannister in Towney

Reaction Score

You can pretty much guess though that someone close to PA told the national recruiting guys that UConn is totally out.

It's why they're saying that.

So even if the kid and most of the people around him are mum on the matter, someone always speaks to the recruiting gurus. I would tend to trust these kinds of comments...

UNLESS they are strategically employed to make people believe a player is absolutely not leaning toward such-and-such a school.

Reaction Score

Weren't the staff pretty darn optimistic about Kofi? Both your national recruiting guy and your guy close to the team could be right, unfortunately.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who knows
Maybe the fact that the staff isn't announcing anything concerning the much needed BIG, they know that PA is coming
IMHO, with the big boys now in play, UConn is on the outside looking in and just may not have anything at all in the works with a BIG for 2019-20 - that would be a damn shame

Reaction Score
Weren't the staff pretty darn optimistic about Kofi? Both your national recruiting guy and your guy close to the team could be right, unfortunately.

My same recruiting guy said we looked great for Precious three months ago, so... dunno what's changed but tone overall was pretty dismissive. I'm REALLY speculating on my own here, but reading through the tea leaves - as soon as the big boys got involved, he wasn't as interested. So i'm not sure the shared interest really lines up.

I do get them playing chicken here, though. While I do get that you want to try to show progress next year, I'm kinda more hands on deck for 2020-2021 right now and making sure that roster looks as loaded as it possibly can. There's a lot of great talent they'll be able to go after next year to boot - so at this point - it's worth it to wade into deep waters and just hope you can get the guy you absolutely WANT even if you miss on some guys who could make you a little bit better right off the bat.

And from what I'm gathering - and it's not to downplay the two - but Akok and Precious are both kinda project guys. I think they can both help in year one a little bit, but that ultimately it's going to take them 2-3 years to get to that NBA level and part of me thinks Hurley and crew are looking at guys who kinda will fit that mold. That they can hedge bets that they'll be here more than a year... So they're going to do what they can to get them, even if it means being a step behind next year, etc.

C

Chief00

You didn't name a single player until it was obvious to all.

So I will never be wrong in your swallow mind since it’s been decided and announced by time I predict. What planet do you live on? Chief wishes recruiting was that easy and clear. I thought I was right about Sid cuz UConn was where HE wanted to go but things changed at last minute to SJU but ultimately my information proved true - so that's how crazy recruiting can be even when you have the good information.

Reaction Score
Lots of wasted time and thoughts on this thread.

You heard the man Admins. Please lock this thread before it becomes a podcast of when Chief was right/wrong again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom