PeeCee | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PeeCee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I forgot to comment that I second your praise for @Fishy and @temery. I love the way they run things here. It is always a judgement call when to allow chaos and when to be restrictive. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Furthermore each and everyone of us have a difference of opinion over each and every issue about what is a reasonable level of freedom.

I'm sure both Tom and Fishy are not personally comfortable at times with certain threads or posters but try their best to restrain from their personal preferences. Not many of us have the psyche to do that. One of the things I love to do is watch how posters in the different forums approach and relate to one another and how they basically set the tone for one another. It's like watching the differences between various cultures.

Great post

Reaction Score
It was a new twist and something the board has not previously haranged about, unlike other UC-PeeCee "discussions". Certainly not meant to INFLAME anyone.[/quo

]are you serious? Terrible, terrible choice of threads to start.

Reaction Score
Since when do we GAF about PC? We did not care when we were in the BE together and I don't see the point of starting now just because we are going after some of the same kids. We must be the only big boy board that has any interest in going back and forth with their fans.

For the love of sweet baby Jesus stop the madness.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Since when do we GAF about PC? We did not care when we were in the BE together and I don't see the point of starting now just because we are going after some of the same kids. We must be the only big boy board that has any interest in going back and forth with their fans.

For the love of sweet baby Jesus stop the madness.
I was going to add to it by getting a couple of Gtown folks to come our way. I bet that would change your tune. :) P-tewey.

Reaction Score

Watch, there's no way PC becomes a dominant team in that conference. In five years they will be back where they have spent the last 20 years.

Reaction Score
People who think UConn lost out on Ledo don't know what they're talking about. UConn stopped recruiting him because there was a 0% chance he'd qualify academically.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for some fans to admit Cooley is a good recruiter, but apparently it is. It's still up in the air whether or not he can coach - PC finished last season strong, which was promising, although the defense was still dreadful - but when it comes to just recruiting, Cooley is as strong as anyone PC has had since Barnes.

In any event, the PC obsession by certain posters never made sense to me, and it makes less sense now that we're in different leagues. Time to move on.

(Oh, and Sean is still a blatant troll who apparently has nothing better to do than post on a UConn message board.)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Discuss PC on your board. Off on this topic.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

How about instead, you explain why you don't think Ollie can be successful?

You on record saying it and it's more relevant to this board.

Otherwise F-off

Reaction Score
There's a method to your madness huh sdhusky? :D..........the pattern is quite intriguing!!

Reaction Score
It amazes me how this get folks nuts in a bunch. Take off the rose colored glasses, Cooley is going a good job up there, good for him and them (admittedly, the verdict is out on this in-game coaching acumen, but he's making PC relevant with recruits), I could care less, I'm more focused on what we are doing to get better. I don't have time to worry about what some other school is doing be it PC, UNC or Fort Valley State. They're somewhat similar position to where UCONN was before Calhoun took the reigns and it's not impossible for them to get better and become relevant. If it happens it doesn't mean UCONN gets worse. I'd welcome the competition, stronger competition makes everyone better.

That said I will never understand why people go to another teams board to turd stir. I don't have time for that rubbish, I have enough live confrontation in my real life, why the hell would I invite more of it through some internet forum.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

Now you've done it. You have no basis for labeling Ollie as a massive hypocrite. OFF W/ FJ's FINGERS!!!

Reaction Score
PC didn't beat us for Croshere
Just musing here, when was the last time they beat us for a SIGNIFICANT recruit? Austin Croshere picked us but we told him to delay because we wanted Kirk King.He had a fine career and played in the NBA with Pacers. Help, can't remember anyone else. Gomes nobody wanted and TW had his arm twisted to take AND play him. (How'd that work out?)
PC didn't beat us for Croshere, JC wanted and signed Kirk King instead.

Reaction Score

Interesting story........I know JC and Barnes, as well as Gavitt, always had the utmost respect for each other so this could have happened!!

sdhusky

Reaction Score

"I think man is this board only going to have the real fans on it in a couple years" FriarJ on UCONN and Ollie.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

So, you don't think Ollie can win a NC? Fine. Atleast you are talking about UCONN.

I took a quick look at the PC board. There are threads about NC. About how Cooley has proven to be as good as Calhoun and Boeheim (because he got on the list of some top recruits??)

Why don't you go there and splash cold water in their face and tell them they are being unrealistic.

We could use a break from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds