PeeCee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PeeCee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My point being, why do we care? It's annoying, but let them make their point, puff their chest out and move on.

Because the threads are dedicated to discussion of recruits.

Reaction Score
Hate to admit it, but Brandon Austin, Kris Dunn, Ricky Ledo are all pretty significant.
We don't know, yet, about Austin. Ledo never played for them so that's a moot issue.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Technically didn't lose him but the press made it out to be the case - Ryan Gomes.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
All I know is that it's not healthy for this board to have every thread about our recruits turn into a PC v. UConn pissing match.

The thread is about recruiting, and Sean and Friar should refrain from posting in those threads. If it happens once, fine. But there is something pathological and obsessive about their need to gum up every single recruiting thread on this page.
The gumming up has just as much to do with our fans not having the control to ignore them or not engage them. I find it informative if not entertaining that other people lack control. I find it deplorable when I'm in that position. Interesting that you advocate restraint from oversight by outside bodies on universities but want oversight for a thread whose only value is to express opinions.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Shame on me for even reading this far. LOCK IT UP.
Why??? This isn't second hand smoke. No one is putting carcinogens in the air that you don't have a choice about. This is the over large soda. Someone else drinking doesn't directly impact you.

caw

Reaction Score
We wouldn't have pursued Samuel most likely. Doesn't matter, all speculation now.

# of scholarships UConn had available was a huge issue when recruiting Dunn. UConn was down to 10 remember and theoretically was already one over with Drummond and no seniors.

I like Samuel, but I'm not sure he is recruited if UConn is still at 10. In fact not sure any of the newcomers besides Facey would have been.

It wasn't that UConn didn't want or recruit Dunn but he was pretty low down on the positional need chart with 2/10 spots already filled with PGs. From my understanding UConn wanted him to wait and see what the roster situation was like to see what opened up in the spring, he didnt want to wait.

Austin was a loss which stunk because I think Ollie had no shot with the contract situation the way it was.

I think Coleman was a UConn recruit and went to PC before Lamb signed.

As good as Terrell is, he is in a similar situation to Dunn, not a position of need. Of course he may not go PC anyway.

Joseph, well lets wait to see where he goes.

Abu would be the first significant loss IMO

I'm not sure if UConn is serious with Chukwu (main priority at center or not).

Considering where UConn is with recruits, I'm not worried about losing any guard to PC. Give me one of Abu and Chukwu and a few of the national recruits an UConn is sitting pretty.

Reaction Score
The gumming up has just as much to do with our fans not having the control to ignore them or not engage them. I find it informative if not entertaining that other people lack control. I find it deplorable when I'm in that position. Interesting that you advocate restraint from oversight by outside bodies on universities but want oversight for a thread whose only value is to express opinions.

I don't advocate restraint from oversight on universities. I advocate rational oversight. Are you referring to APR or something else?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
# of scholarships UConn had available was a huge issue when recruiting Dunn. UConn was down to 10 remember and theoretically was already one over with Drummond and no seniors.

I like Samuel, but I'm not sure he is recruited if UConn is still at 10. In fact not sure any of the newcomers besides Facey would have been.

It wasn't that UConn didn't want or recruit Dunn but he was pretty low down on the positional need chart with 2/10 spots already filled with PGs. From my understanding UConn wanted him to wait and see what the roster situation was like to see what opened up in the spring, he didnt want to wait.

Austin was a loss which stunk because I think Ollie had no shot with the contract situation the way it was.

I think Coleman was a UConn recruit and went to PC before Lamb signed.

As good as Terrell is, he is in a similar situation to Dunn, not a position of need. Of course he may not go PC anyway.

Joseph, well lets wait to see where he goes.

Abu would be the first significant loss IMO

I'm not sure if UConn is serious with Chukwu (main priority at center or not).

Considering where UConn is with recruits, I'm not worried about losing any guard to PC. Give me one of Abu and Chukwu and a few of the national recruits an UConn is sitting pretty.
It's nuggets like this that I enjoy finding even when the rest of the landscape is barren. I don't mind working to glean the riches. Nice post!

And yes I understand the point that several posters (@upstater and @SirHypeAlot) are making. If the forum becomes nothing but P*ssing matches then posters such as caw and @aceboon stop posting and there is nothing of value in these forums.

But the value the PC guys bring is to develop our own ability for self restraint. Furthermore their incursion is absolutely necessary for the development of our fortitude that will be necessary once the season begins and the team has a crud game against a weak opponent or after the first loss. Just consider this the offseason conditioning period.:)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't advocate restraint from oversight on universities. I advocate rational oversight. Are you referring to APR or something else?
APR was one of the situations. Nonetheless you know I hold you in high regard and I do understand your position with these hijacked threads. See my post regarding caw.

Reaction Score
APR was one of the situations. Nonetheless you know I hold you in high regard and I do understand your position with these hijacked threads. See my post regarding caw.

I agree with all of you about restraint. But as someone frequently guilty of the lack of restraint, I also know it's not going to happen. I also advocate a laissez-faire attitude on these message boards, and I think Fishy and Tom have run it better than anyone else the last ten years I've been on here. I'm only making a call for the PC guys to stay out of the threads with one specific recruiting name. Even some of our trolls from BC can manage that at least. It doesn't even bother me that the PC guys managed to muck up one or two of the recruit threads, but it's now happening in every single one. Every single one.

They've gotta stop. It's troll behavior.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I agree with all of you about restraint. But as someone frequently guilty of the lack of restraint, I also know it's not going to happen. I also advocate a laissez-faire attitude on these message boards, and I think Fishy and Tom have run it better than anyone else the last ten years I've been on here. I'm only making a call for the PC guys to stay out of the threads with one specific recruiting name. Even some of our trolls from BC can manage that at least. It doesn't even bother me that the PC guys managed to muck up one or two of the recruit threads, but it's now happening in every single one. Every single one.

You're right that restraint won't happen. I can't decide what I find more fascinating, our inability to have restraint in certain situations or our inability to understand why we or others lack self control!

This entire point is really a microcosm for the macrocosm of whether or when governments should assert control. The emotional debate on that issue stems from our inability to understand our personal needs imo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
this thread sucks. we need to stop pretending that we don't take pc seriously because threads like this prove we do.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
this thread sucks. we need to stop pretending that we don't take pc seriously because threads like this prove we do.

PC is a serious basketball school.

The posters who come on here act like s and that's the problem.

Reaction Score
If you are a recruit, what do you want?
1. A coaching staff that will:
a. give you a chance to play,
b. in a style that showcases your game,
c. knows the NBA and has has contacts, especially alumni there, and
d. has proven that they get kids to the next level.
2. It helps with the showcase want, if the teams wins.
3. It would be nice if there was huge fan support and media interest.
4. It would be a plus to see the country/world.
5. The player may not consider, but parents might, whether the gym is surrounded by a place where high level learning occurs and where the coach makes the student/athlete buy in to that.

Cooley must be a good recruiter in deed.

Reaction Score
We don't know, yet, about Austin. Ledo never played for them so that's a moot issue.

Going back to the original point of this thread, it's been austin, Ledo and Dunn as other posters have said. Although I don't see Ledo as a moot issue because he didn't play. I actually think that may have been the most significant from a talent perspective as I believe he was the highest ranked of the bunch.

Unless of course the staff somehow knew he couldn't play.

Reaction Score

Tell you what; show me a recruiting thread where the "PC posters" started the mudslinging and ill agree with you. Problem is; your own posters start the anti-PC crap out of nowhere and it spirals. Same thing happens on the PC board when UConn stuff starts; Amex and co jump in.

Don't start nothin; won't be nuthin

Reaction Score
Tell you what; show me a recruiting thread where the "PC posters" started the mudslinging and ill agree with you. Problem is; your own posters start the anti-PC crap out of nowhere and it spirals. Same thing happens on the PC board when UConn stuff starts; Amex and co jump in.

You're trolling.

Reaction Score

LaughandDriveAway50Cent.gif

Reaction Score
Providence should have a decent two year run before recruits figure out that it will still be near the bottom of the new conference.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

That's an antagonistic statement so I guess you're starting something.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

I forgot to comment that I second your praise for @Fishy and @temery. I love the way they run things here. It is always a judgement call when to allow chaos and when to be restrictive. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Furthermore each and everyone of us have a difference of opinion over each and every issue about what is a reasonable level of freedom.

I'm sure both Tom and Fishy are not personally comfortable at times with certain threads or posters but try their best to restrain from their personal preferences. Not many of us have the psyche to do that. One of the things I love to do is watch how posters in the different forums approach and relate to one another and how they basically set the tone for one another. It's like watching the differences between various cultures.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

eat and leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member