PeeCee | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PeeCee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, you don't think Ollie can win a NC? Fine. Atleast you are talking about UCONN.

I took a quick look at the PC board. There are threads about NC. About how Cooley has proven to be as good as Calhoun and Boeheim (because he got on the list of some top recruits??)

Why don't you go there and splash cold water in their face and tell them they are being unrealistic.

We could use a break from you.

LIAR

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
LIAR

"we're darn near at an officical "bigger than the program" / Calhoun/Boeheim type of status with Cooley."

Ed is bringing us back to where we were in the 70's.

I haven't felt this bullish about PC's chances for sustained success - ever!

If you want a good laugh head over to the Boneyard. They're freaking out over Abu and Chukwu. Funny how fast things can change. If Cooley can reel these guys in, there is no doubt that he will have established himself as the premier recruiter in New England. Also, is it just me or is Kevin Ollie nothing special (comparatively speaking)?

Saw this coming from a mile away. Told everyone Ed was taking back the region from uconn and that's what we are seeing.

Man it kills me that we're not playing UCONN anymore, you can feel the anxiety over at the boneyard over their recruitment. Looks like we'll have to see them in the NCAA tournament hopefully but Cooley has to keep working the home and home though, that would be epic going forward.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Again, another post about you and your feelings.

Atleast your Ollie won't win a NC post was about UCONN>

Reaction Score
Who cares, let's be honest Providence hasn't been relevant in a very long time and Cooley is showing that he is a big time recruiter, PC fans have a reason to be happy for once. I wouldn't like losing any recruits to them but there are enough great recruits in New England to share and we all know we have recruited nationally/internationally forever. I support New England basketball and despite some of their fans being annoying I will support Providence as long as we aren't playing them.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Who cares, let's be honest Providence hasn't been relevant in a very long time and Cooley is showing that he is a big time recruiter, PC fans have a reason to be happy for once. I wouldn't like losing any recruits to them but there are enough great recruits in New England to share and we all know we have recruited nationally/internationally forever. I support New England basketball and despite some of their fans being annoying I will support Providence as long as we aren't playing them.

Yeah. I would rather see PC doing well than Xavier or St Louis or Seton Hall or DePaul.

Just not BCU. Never BCU.

Reaction Score
So, you don't think Ollie can win a NC? Fine. Atleast you are talking about UCONN.

I took a quick look at the PC board. There are threads about NC. About how Cooley has proven to be as good as Calhoun and Boeheim (because he got on the list of some top recruits??)

Why don't you go there and splash cold water in their face and tell them they are being unrealistic.

We could use a break from you.

My eyes aren't that great anymore...I failed to see Calhoun or JB's name in any of your cut and paste jobs. You have ONE thread about "what you'd give to win a NC". No where does anyone say or imply that PC is on the brink of one.

Nice try though. Thought you didn't care about "Pee-Cee". Spent some time scouring board you don't care about?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
My eyes aren't that great anymore...I failed to see Calhoun or JB's name in any of your cut and paste jobs. You have ONE thread about "what you'd give to win a NC". No where does anyone say or imply that PC is on the brink of one.

Nice try though. Thought you didn't care about "Pee-Cee". Spent some time scouring board you don't care about?

Still trying to stir things up?

And then you wonder why you are labeled a troll?

the first quote had both JC and JC name in it. I don't buy you have bad eyes - you are just full of sh#t.

Reaction Score
Sorry to OFFEND. I think we would have liked Austin. We felt Calhoun was close or equal to Dunn. If Ledo was not eligible at PeeCee, no way he plays at UConn.We can discuss these weighty matters without the VITRIOL!!!!:)

This is confusing. Why would you say that if Ledo wasnt eligible at PC then there was no way he could play at uconn ??

Besides the fact that it wasn't an academic issue in re: to being eligible at one school versus another school with different standards (he wouldnt have been able to play at any school in America), you do realize that PC is a far superior academic institution, right ?

Reaction Score
I know you're a smart guy. Is this the best comeback you've got, an endless litany of f-off?

There's no point in any interaction with them at all. The problem is they are entering threads dedicated to recruits and they are mucking them up. It's fine for them to say anything at all in any other thread, but when you're interested in a specific recruit, and instead you get a 5-10 page PC-UConn craziness, it's really a drag.

Reaction Score
This is confusing. Why would you say that if Ledo wasnt eligible at PC then there was no way he could play at uconn ??

Besides the fact that it wasn't an academic issue in re: to being eligible at one school versus another school with different standards (he wouldnt have been able to play at any school in America), you do realize that PC is a far superior academic institution, right ?

If you believe that lower rankings, lower SAT scores, nonexistent research, easy admission standards make you a far superior academic institution, then PC is far superior to UConn.

Reaction Score
I dont believe that Cooley will stay in the Pee. Yes, he's a Pee guy, grew up in Pee but if he has success there he will be wooed out of the festering Pee by a basketball school. They wont pay him and he wants to hit the big time. He still has lots of connections at BC, its close to him, part of NE and Donahue has about worn out his chances there. Not that BC is a basketball school but its got allure.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
There's no point in any interaction with them at all. The problem is they are entering threads dedicated to recruits and they are mucking them up. It's fine for them to say anything at all in any other thread, but when you're interested in a specific recruit, and instead you get a 5-10 page PC-UConn craziness, it's really a drag.

exactly. FriarJ isn't a bad guy, he just thinks this site is here for his amusement. If he just did his add-value posts, there would be no issue. It's his obsessive need to respond to (and challenge) every PC mention that causes the problems. If he thought for a moment about whether or not a post added value to UCONN fans before he jumped in, this place would be better with him than without.

Sean is just a troll.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I just happen to think the recruit threads should be treated differently than other threads for the same reason you shouldn't go all out critical in those threads, nor mention transfers and such out of the blue on the board. It's the world we live in. Kids reads those recruiting threads. It's troll behavior to muck those things up.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I dont believe that Cooley will stay in the Pee. Yes, he's a Pee guy, grew up in Pee but if he has success there he will be wooed out of the festering Pee by a basketball school. They wont pay him and he wants to hit the big time. He still has lots of connections at BC, its close to him, part of NE and Donahue has about worn out his chances there. Not that BC is a basketball school but its got allure.

That's what history suggests.

Reaction Score
Good chance Cooley leaves if a BCS school throws dough at him; ZERO chance he leaves for BC. Cooley has a great relationship with Al Skinner. No way he goes to the school that stabbed him in the back.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
exactly. FriarJ isn't a bad guy, he just thinks this site is here for his amusement. If he just did his add-value posts, there would be no issue. It's his obsessive need to respond to (and challenge) every PC mention that causes the problems. If he thought for a moment about whether or not a post added value to UCONN fans before he jumped in, this place would be better with him than without.

Sean is just a troll.
You pretty much have the two down although as trolls go Sean is mildly irritating imo. I like FriarJ. He doesn't back off, is not abusive and does contribute things about bb. I agree he should learn to pick his battles but I could say that about most of us including you and me. It doesn't bother me that he talks up PC. As long as it is in relationship to UConn even if it isn't about UConn. He's made it perfectly clear over and over that he was disgusted with the demise of the BE pre 2011.

And I'm with you about BCU failing. I'm going to start a new thread about bb teams we love to hate and why in the near future.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's his obsessive need to respond to (and challenge) every PC mention that causes the problems.
Are you not just as obsessive in responding to every single post Friar makes?

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Perfect example of the obsessive need to respond. This isn't value add to UCONN BB, just a way to start a pissing match.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Are you not just as obsessive in responding to every single post Friar makes?

Clearly.

If Sean, FriarJ and myself have to have a timeout for a couple of weeks, it might be a good idea.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

How much more than what Brad Stevens makes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom