PATS!!!!!!!! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

PATS!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
You might want to see who was quoted in that post. Hint....it wasn't you, it was the tin foil hat wearing guy.

But, I'd give Gamora a tumble, and some of Captain Kirk's conquests.

I knew it wasn't me just trying to have some fun with my favorite Pat fans after driving you all crazy last night LOL

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...You ok with that because that's what happened?
I think the question mark you use here is less a typo than a Freudian slip. Your brain has still not caught up to the reality. Then again, one can say that's been the case since 10/20/04.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Let's not forget the tuck rule. Which to anyone else but Patriots fans looks like a fumble.
How is this on the Patriots?

The refs interpreted the then rule correctly. BTW, the Tuck Rule was rescinded a few years back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You might want to see who was quoted in that post. Hint....it wasn't you, it was the tin foil hat wearing guy.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
What did I do?

Reaction Score
The thing I don't understand is the "vindication" angle.

Yes, they won. Yes, he's the greatest QB of all time. Yes, he was amazing in the 2nd half of the game.

But he still cheated. Got caught. Served his suspension. This doesn't erase what he did and that he was found guilty.

Thats just a media narrative that got out of control. Not saying what they did wasn't wrong, but the current scandal in Seattle IMO is WAY worse than what the patriots/TB did, and yet no one talks about it.

Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Reaction Score
I think the question mark you use here is less a typo than a Freudian slip. Your brain has still not caught up to the reality. Then again, one can say that's been the case since 10/20/04.

No it's been ok for you since 2004 because that's ALL YOU KNOW. And fans like you make intolerable douches! Thanks for the obvious Waq - you're the best!!

Reaction Score
Let me make it more plausible for you guys - you don't win without a total collapse and gag by the other team . You won because they sucked not because you guys are so good! Nuff said - sick of it!!! Tom wasn't great, Matty and the falcons sucked. You had no right coming back other than awful coaching. You ok with that because that's what happened?

Yep....and the Giants won two because a field goal kicker sucked and a guy named Welker couldn't catch a pass...why do we even watch this silly game?

Reaction Score
Yep...and the Giants won two because a field goal kicker sucked and a guy named Welker couldn't catch a pass..why do we even watch this silly game?

I was being somewhart sarcastic jaytee but thank you!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No it's been ok for you since 2004 because that's ALL YOU KNOW. And fans like you make intolerable douches! Thanks for the obvious Waq - you're the best!!

One thing about your situation mau, you grew up in the middle of CT, which isn't necessarily Patriots country, especially when a team is a laughing stock (not just bad--a complete and total joke of a franchise). So you wouldn't expect many Pats fans.

And then you moved to Mass, which is the heart of Patriots country, so you'd expect a whole lot more. And you see it through this lens, so naturally it appears there are way more bandwagon fans than for other teams. Your particular geographical circumstances enhances the effect.

Every team that gets good has a LOT of bandwagon jumpers. Look at how Dallas became 'America's Team' back in the day. Realistically, nobody outside of Texas and neighboring areas should give a lick about them, but they were a national brand.

Look at the Yankees of the 1990s. If you traveled around the world, you'd see Yankee hats everywhere. It was only towards the mid 2000s that you started to see some Sox caps showing up.

Heck look at UCONN. The vast majority didn't support prior to when JC stared winning. I'm willing to bet the vast majority didn't even know they had a basketball team.

Do pink hats annoy me? Sometimes. Especially those who no nothing about the game. But I take it as inevitable and a small price of success and enjoyment. Just the nature of the beast.

Reaction Score
I love how the media is still going over Spygate this morning because Dungy admitted stealing signals. And then his LB Gary Brackett weighs in and says they stole the signals with video. Great stuff.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Look at the Yankees of the 1990s. If you traveled around the world, you'd see Yankee hats everywhere. It was only towards the mid 2000s that you started to see some Sox caps showing up.

Heck look at UCONN. The vast majority didn't support prior to when JC stared winning. I'm willing to bet the vast majority didn't even know they had a basketball team.

Do pink hats annoy me? Sometimes. Especially those who no nothing about the game. But I take it as inevitable and a small price of success and enjoyment. Just the nature of the beast.

Your arguments would hold more water as a comparison. But there is one glaring difference. The other teams you mention didnt cheat at the blatantly unfair level the Pats did.

Reaction Score
One thing about your situation mau, you grew up in the middle of CT, which isn't necessarily Patriots country, especially when a team is a laughing stock (not just bad--a complete and total joke of a franchise). So you wouldn't expect many Pats fans.

And then you moved to Mass, which is the heart of Patriots country, so you'd expect a whole lot more. And you see it through this lens, so naturally it appears there are way more bandwagon fans than for other teams. Your particular geographical circumstances enhances the effect.

Every team that gets good has a LOT of bandwagon jumpers. Look at how Dallas became 'America's Team' back in the day. Realistically, nobody outside of Texas and neighboring areas should give a lick about them, but they were a national brand.

The middle of CT isn't the heart of Patriots country? Coulda fooled me.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The middle of CT isn't the heart of Patriots country? Coulda fooled me.

I grew up with mostly Giants fans--as a kid, that was around the time of Simms/Taylor/Morris and company--and that was a half hour NW of Hartford. I knew a few Dolphins fans, for none other reason than Dan Marino.

Kids naturally gravitate towards winners--right now that's the Patriots. Oftentimes parents follow because their kids are so passionate about it. Especially those who don't know too much about football. And yes, there are plenty who just hop on the winning train. It is what it is.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Your arguments would hold more water as a comparison. But there is one glaring difference. The other teams you mention didnt cheat at the blatantly unfair level the Pats did.

Haha Good one. Nice troll Auggie.

You mean like the Yankees and Steroids? Those teams reportedly had one of the largest number of juicers in that era. From the Mitchell report, more than 25 guys implicated iirc. Heck, Clemens even had his 'trainer' in the locker room.

Reaction Score
What about the blatant cheating that went on at UConn??

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I love how the media is still going over Spygate this morning because Dungy admitted stealing signals. And then his LB Gary Brackett weighs in and says they stole the signals with video. Great stuff.

Where did Brackett admit to video? I know he admitted they stole signals, everybody does it. If you are stupid enough not to change it up, you are going to get exploited. Same as baseball.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Do pink hats annoy me?

Depends what's underneath.

Affirmative. Sure does make watching the game at a bar a more enjoyable experience. Much better scenery and conversation!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Haha Good one. Nice troll Auggie.

You mean like the Yankees and Steroids? Those teams reportedly had one of the largest number of juicers in that era. From the Mitchell report, more than 25 guys implicated iirc. Heck, Clemens even had his 'trainer' in the locker room.

What about the blatant cheating that went on at UConn??

What part of "didnt cheat at the blatantly unfair level the Pats did." Do you have trouble understanding?

Pats fans so cute. They will sell out their own College hoops team to defend Belicheat to the death.

Reaction Score
Where did Brackett admit to video? I know he admitted they stole signals, everybody does it. If you are stupid enough not to change it up, you are going to get exploited. Same as baseball.

I read it on ESPN. I'm sure he was referring to the game video taken from the booth, where it wasn't illegal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom