PATS!!!!!!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PATS!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sure. They have an intramural season every Sept-December. They suck. Just because the jets suck doesnt mean the Pats fans arent a bunch of the craziest front runners in sports history (and sports history and fandom is rife with front runners).
Nobody bandwagons quite like New England. The "pink hat nation" with the Red Sox is less embarrassing when you recognize the entire Patriots fanbase is "pink hat nation." Growing up in Connecticut you couldn't find a Patriots fan.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nobody bandwagons quite like New England. The "pink hat nation" with the Red Sox is less embarrassing when you recognize the entire Patriots fanbase is "pink hat nation." Growing up in Connecticut you couldn't find a Patriots fan.
Wrong. I rooted for them long before they won. Kind of a similar history to @Augest_West. When I was young the bullies and trash in our area supported the Yankees and Giants and so I ended up going north and east. When I was young it seemed logical. I'm less likely to get caught up in that now but it still happens. Long story short I rooted for a lot of losing teams. Which is why I'm not jumping off the cliff about KO over the past couple of seasons.

Reaction Score
Your bitterness sustains me.
200_s.gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I was in my glory at 28-3, but I wasnt stupid enough to call it a game and go on social media and gloat about it. I know what Brady is capable of. Its pretty sad that an avowed Pats hater like me has more belief in their team than their "fans". Pats fans in my feed were throwing in the towel left and right. It was amazing to see, and it was way MORE than your garden variety hard core fans upset at team performance. Brady was getting destroyed by them. And then after the game its all sunshine and rainbows. Ive been making hay today by reposting their incendiary commentary before the comeback. So even when I lose Im still winning :).

Just so we're being fair, have you seen this board /chat when things aren't going well in huskieland? Heartless! gutless! ...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just so we're being fair, have you seen this board /chat when things aren't going well in huskieland? Heartless! gutless! ...

Yup . It's an inbred unique New England characteristic. Sox fans do it too (and I'm a sox fan). No team holds a monopoly on front runners. That's sports. But the fickleness and bitterness of New England sports fans in general is an interesting study in regional psychology. Rabid and bitter at the same time

Reaction Score
Greatest cheater of all time. 50 years of super bowls and no team has come back by more than 10 points. All of a sudden the patriots overcome an 18 point deficit and the "magic" occurs at halftime. Must have been an epic pep talk, huh? 50 years and we don't go from a record of 10 to 11 or 13 or 14. No. We jump all the way to 18! And how did it happen? It was all about QB pressure. The Falcons built their lead by protecting Ryan and pressuring Brady. Brady looked like crap in the first half due to the pressure. The second half starts and, all of a sudden, the Falcons can no longer pressure Brady and, also all of a sudden, the Patriots are putting pressure on Ryan. Ryan makes some stupid mistakes due to the pressure and, of course, Brady looks like a god due to having all day to make a throw. Does the NFL drug test after the Super Bowl? Probably not. We wouldn't want the greatest money making event of the year get tainted. But if they did, I really wonder if they might find something like stimulants in some of the players. The shift at half time was suspiciously out of the norm.
The comeback was 25. 28-3.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Again, text messages. Weight loss? That's hilarious. It's beyond absurd to believe he wasn't talking about letting air out of the footballs. I don't care about whether or not the outdoor temperature and pressure could explain and loss of pressure in the balls.

Patriots fans look foolish saying it didn't happen. It's like the kid who cheated on a test, but said, when caught, "But I knew all ánswers anyway?"

Deflate-Gate Report Reveals Salty Deflate-Gate Text Messages
Is it like that Tom? 'Cause it kind of sounds like a cross between flat earthers and inquisition.

inquisition-wheel.jpg

"I don't care if the science proves you innocent, recant Brady!"

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yup . It's an inbred unique New England characteristic. Sox fans do it too (and I'm a sox fan). No team holds a monopoly on front runners. That's sports. But the fickleness and bitterness of New England sports fans in general is an interesting study in regional psychology. Rabid and bitter at the same time
I don't think Celtics fans acted like that during Auerbach's tenure. Probably correct about Patriots and Red Sox fans but I think the more salient issue is the proximity to their New York rivals, the rivalries being very strong, and the incredible discrepancy in relative success up until recently. And that created a breed of defensive fans that still hasn't figured out to be gracious with their success.

The psychology can be best examined by the relative general differences between the the men's bb forum, the women's bb forum and the football forum.

August_West

Reaction Score
Keep going. This is going to work out for you at some point.

I think it just did. Look at this post.(below)

This is hilarious, hilarious stuff. Look at the length he went to about "deflator". The alternate definitions. The YOU TUBE VIDEOS OF GUYS GRABBING THEIR STOMACHS!! LOL. it is exactly that kind of post that keeps pats trolls going to the well time and again. because this response is gold. It doesnt even matter if it is right or wrong, its just pure comedy gold. If there werent payoffs like this, nobody would troll pats fans. Certainly you gotta see that Ern. I know you do.

"I don't care about science." That's a terrific attitude to have.

"Chief, fingerprints and DNA analysis shows the prime suspect didn't do it."
"I don't care. I don't like the guy. He's 100% guilty."

Since you believe the word deflate has one and only one meaning and that relates to removing air from an inflated object, can you explain this text from Men's Health:

There's no tire in the picture or anything that's filled with air. What could they mean? Or is that post just nonsense?

Also, what is the narrator talking about in this NFL films clip?

He mentions deflation, but there's no football shown. In your view, that makes no sense. Could it possibly be that words can have more than one meaning, and be used in different situations? Could it also be that it's the height of arrogance to take one quote from a text conversation between friends and determine that you know exactly what they were talking about, disregarding any other possibilities and what the people involved in the conversation tell you?

It's really very simple: Science shows nothing happened. There's no evidence to support that anything happened, which the NFL admitted in court. Once you realize that, the texts are irrelevant. Or you can go on believing what you want. There are people who believe the Duke lacrosse team and Richard Jewell are guilty. That's the company you're keeping.

August_West

Reaction Score
women's bb forum

the womens forum operates in a vacuum. A world of unicorns and gum drops and cotton candy. How could it not? The womens forum would regress toward the average if they experienced the ups and downs of rooting for a team that acts like every other team in the rest of the world. The "downs" for the UConn women? name some? :)

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
the womens forum operates in a vacuum. A world of unicorns and gum drops and cotton candy. How could it not? The womens forum would regress toward the average if they experienced the ups and downs of rooting for a team that acts like every other team in the rest of the world. The "downs" for the UConn women? name some? :)
It will be a fascinating case study when the winning stops.

Maybe then they'll stop trying to lecture men's fans about "fundamentals."

Reaction Score
I'll try to make it more plausible for you. Troy Vincent, who is as dumb as a bag of hammers, and was hired to placate players, issued the initial announcement. He admitted later, he had never heard of the ideal gas law, and didn't realize the weather could influence ball inflation.

Goodell, fresh from being tarred and feathered over Ray Rice, and with many owners wanting to hurt the Patriots, couldn't back down from the ignorant stance the league had taken. The Wells report, bought and paid for by the league, and written by a guy who's income is all tied to the league was issued with so many factual errors and contradictory conclusions as to render it barely worthy of the National Enquirer. A hearing is held in which the guy who wrote most of the report for Wells was one of the league lawyers cross-examining Brady. Some farcical crap was drummed up about Brady's cooperation even though he had gone beyond what the union recommended.

Federal Judge, sorts through the evidence and the science, and the sham arbitration hearing and decides it is such a miscarriage of justice that he's going to toss it out. Circuit Court, under labor law rules looks at that ruling and throws it out 2-1, because under the labor agreement Goodell can in fact, punish anyone for anything, even if it didn't happen. One judge dissents, citing essentially, the grotesque result that leads to.

There you have it in summary form, omitting a lot of exculpatory evidence. Nothing ever happened. Nothing. Every detail, including the texts, with photos of the people who were texted time stamped from that moment, have been thoroughly reviewed and debunked.

Let me make it more plausible for you guys - you don't win without a total collapse and gag by the other team . You won because they sucked not because you guys are so good! Nuff said - sick of it!!! Tom wasn't great, Matty and the falcons sucked. You had no right coming back other than awful coaching. You ok with that because that's what happened?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think it just did. Look at this post.(below)

This is hilarious, hilarious stuff. Look at the length he went to about "deflator". The alternate definitions. The YOU TUBE VIDEOS OF GUYS GRABBING THEIR STOMACHS!! LOL. it is exactly that kind of post that keeps pats trolls going to the well time and again. because this response is gold. It doesnt even matter if it is right or wrong, its just pure comedy gold. If there werent payoffs like this, nobody would troll pats fans. Certainly you gotta see that Ern. I know you do.
A lot of things we express are silly.

It seems obvious to me that our ideas are treated the same way as we treat our body parts. The more the charge surrounding an idea (that is the more we are personally invested in an idea) the more likely it "feels" as if someone is stabbing us in the gut when they attack our ideas or don't accept our ideas. And this leads to the need to argue our point.

In the case of the Patriots some of the Pats fans will just be content with the results that took place on the field and not worry about what the detractors think. Some will need to defend those results if people question them the same way they defend themselves. They will treat any derision as a de facto attack on themselves. Then there will be some Pats fans who will want to embellish the accomplishments because doing so doesn't just make them feel better about the team it makes them feel better about themselves. Again a difficulty in separating an object from our identity.

The opposite of course is true for the Pats haters or the haters of Pats fans. They cannot stand to see the success with that team and/or the happiness if offers their fans. And thus you see the commentary in this thread where people need to reduce the victory somehow and sometimes go to such extremes they aren't aware of how foolish their arguments appear even to those who align with them.

That's the logic behind all of this. Screw logic.

This is me right now. It's how I feel. It's not meant to hurt the haters or make the supporters happier. It's just essence that I hope everyone gets to feel at some time in their lives.

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It will be a fascinating case study when the winning stops.

Maybe then they'll stop trying to lecture men's fans about "fundamentals."
That's the essence of my point. They are the modern day equivalent of the Celtic fan of the past. And since they are New Englanders I used them as an example to argue against August's position about geography.

The fans on the women's forum are gracious only because their teams success is above everyone else and it's not even close. They were exactly like the men's forum when Tennessee still had an advantage on them.

The football forum is incredibly stoic. Only the strong have remained. Totally different presentation of arguments there from the men's forum so it's not just about fans who are testosterone driven.

Reaction Score
I don't care what other fans think. The Patriots won and I will enjoy it. This is like Cuse fans saying UConn got lucky with their last two championships. Lucky or not we still won them and I still enjoyed them. There are plenty of fans from other teams that called Calhoun a cheater. I just laugh at them because I know it is sour grapes. There would be no UConn haters without success same goes for the Patriots. It comes with the territory.
This is what I don't get about UConn fans that are not Patriot fans. Non-UConn fans firmly believe Calhoun cheated. Just like we all feel like Boeheim cheated and Roy Williams cheated, etc, etc. You can't have it both ways. If you think the Patriots cheated based on the "evidence" that was provided, then you must think that UConn cheated as well. Because, well....hey, that's what was reported and that's what everyone except the people that know the facts realizes.

When a team has sustained greatness, in this day and age especially, haters are gonna hate and come up with whatever they want to support their narrative. But very hypocritical for folks on this board to throw stones at the Pats from a UConn glass house. It's frankly as dumb as people running here to post about Syracuse storming the court or Pitt being "mediocre" during a year when our boys are 10-12 and lost to Wagner and Northeastern.

Anyhow, the one thing you can't take away is FIVE Super Bowl trophies and FOUR Super Bowl MVPs. But keep coming with your slings and arrows, we Pats fans actually love it.

Reaction Score
Don't need to and have no time just saying. Scientific evidence aside, suddenly quiet ball boys and broken phones really? Please..

Whatever just celebrate it meant nothing anyway just hate the "how the haters feeling like now" ..."can't wait to see Roger's face when he hands it off" blah blah blah...when are you guys just going to celebrate your team like most normal people do rather than the us against the world BS?

DONE rant over, I do like you guys we just can't agree here. Fair enough? Celebrate man, their unbelievable and last night was too.
"Scientific evidence aside".......really? So forget the actual evidence, let's convict based on circumstantial evidence. I hope you never, ever serve on a jury.

Reaction Score
When did you grow up? I grew up in the 70s-80s, been a Pats fan my whole life. Every other year they were 1-15 or 2-14, playing in a glorified high school stadium and were the laughing stock of the league. I love how you all paint all Pats fan with this wide brush that they all just became fans in 2000. Crazy, crazy haters......

Reaction Score
It's not actual it's based on scientific theory not what happened "gb". I give, you guys are so right it's only in everyone elses mind but the Patriot fans LOL...like Goodell could make this happen without SOME questions? It's like "ok Rog hates the pats so Brady gets 4 games" You're all in dream land!! They would've run with 2 games earlier remember but scientific crap proved otherwise so they tried to get greedy. How did that work out?

Nice win! Leave it be, something happened. It was years ago let it BE! WTF

Reaction Score
When did you grow up? I grew up in the 70s-80s, been a Pats fan my whole life. Every other year they were 1-15 or 2-14, playing in a glorified high school stadium and were the laughing stock of the league. I love how you all paint all Pats fan with this wide brush that they all just became fans in 2000. Crazy, crazy haters.

There's no "haters" that's for fans that think they're team is above everyone LOL - there were about 10 Pats fans in Meriden CT where I grew up in about 150K of people. There were about 35 fans in WesMass in 1990 when I moved to that area. There's nothing but Pats gear since 2000 plus in this area, more every SB win. Some I get but most is bandwagon like it or not. I see it, you don't! Don't like the truth then don't read it!

intlzncster

Reaction Score

They got knocked out in the elite 8 about 10 years ago. That was a bummer.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Let me make it more plausible for you guys - you don't win without a total collapse and gag by the other team . You won because they sucked not because you guys are so good! Nuff said - sick of it!!! Tom wasn't great, Matty and the falcons sucked. You had no right coming back other than awful coaching. You ok with that because that's what happened?

C39ZzpSWYAIT5Cg.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom