PATS!!!!!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PATS!!!!!!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You mean the story where John tomase published a rumor as fact without actually vetting it? Dude almost lost his career over it.

Had the Patriots owned up to the deflate gate stuff, I'd give them a pass on some of the previous crap. But they doubled down, and lost. Their credibility is pretty weak.

I doubt their cheating over the years gave them much of an advantage, but I have little doubt they've cheated.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Had the Patriots owned up to the deflate gate stuff, I'd give them a pass on some of the previous crap. But they doubled down, and lost. Their credibility is pretty weak.

I doubt their cheating over the years gave them much of an advantage, but I have little doubt they've cheated.
They lost because of a loop hole in the CBA, not as a result of any evidence that was actually presented.

Reaction Score
Sure, and those text messages were about weight loss, or whatever ridiculous excuse they came up with. And what was the previous stuff about video taping their opponents practices, or something like that?

We don't need to go into this, because the Patriots fans surely have 1,000x more info than non-fans. I get it why a non-fan wouldn't spend a ton of time on this. Few if any non-UConn fans even realize the APR ban was a case of the NCAA moving the goalposts to snag UConn.

FACT: balls were exactly where they should have been. How can anyone get around this?

And, whether deflate texts were about weight loss or not (you'll have to tell me some day how a guy making $8.50 an hour sat in a room with ex-FBI interrogators for 4 days and never tripped up), it is clear from the very same texts that Brady was discussing the inflation of balls as late as October when he told the equip guy to bring a rulebook to the refs in charge of inflating them. So there is plenty of other context there.

Videotaping opponents from the sideline was not illegal until 2006 when the previous rule was amended, and a memo was sent to everyone. I am not sure whether Belichick did it or not in 2006, BUT I do know that the Jets were caught doing it in the Patriots stadium, and the NFL did nothing about it. I'm sure Belichick took his cue from that.

Reaction Score

If you're a Pats fan I don't know how you do anything other than laugh when you read stuff like this.

Reaction Score
We don't need to go into this, because the Patriots fans surely have 1,000x more info than non-fans. We get it. FACT: balls were exactly where they should have been. And, whether weight loss is non-sense or not (you'll have to tell me some day how a guy making $8.50 an hour sat in a room with ex-FBI interrogators for 4 days and never tripped up), it is clear from the very same texts that Brady was discussing the inflation of balls as late as October when he told the equip guy to bring a rulebook to the refs in charge of inflating them. So there is plenty of other context there.

Videotaping opponents from the sideline was not illegal until 2006 when the previous rule was amended, and a memo was sent to everyone. I am not sure whether Belichick did it or not in 2006, BUT I do know that the Jets were caught doing it in the Patriots stadium, and the NFL did nothing about it. I'm sure Belichick took his cue from that.

Hey I'm happy for you guys but this is why most hate all of you, can't admit the obvious guys! No one cares but the fact you think you have the facts the Goodell didn't is laughable.

Patriot nation will be more intolerable, if that's even possible.:eek:

But hey you shouldn't care either, you seriously have a dynasty and deserve kudos.

Reaction Score
Hey I'm happy for you guys but this is why most hate all of you, can't admit the obvious guys! No one cares but the fact you think you have the facts the Goodell didn't is laughable.

But hey you shouldn't care either, you seriously have a dynasty and deserve kudos.

Who said Goodell didn't have the facts?

Read it and become educated: Physics, Engineering Professors Admonish NFL's Science, Support Tom Brady In Amicus Brief With Second Circuit

Reaction Score

Don't need to and have no time just saying. Scientific evidence aside, suddenly quiet ball boys and broken phones really? Please.......

Whatever just celebrate it meant nothing anyway just hate the "how the haters feeling like now" ..."can't wait to see Roger's face when he hands it off" blah blah blah...when are you guys just going to celebrate your team like most normal people do rather than the us against the world BS?

DONE rant over, I do like you guys we just can't agree here. Fair enough? Celebrate man, their unbelievable and last night was too.

Reaction Score
You patriot fans are cute. Your team has a cloud of suspicion hanging over it and they more than doubled a 50 year record. Sorry, but, non-patriot fans are going to go, hmmm.

Go hmm all you want. Keep squealing about it on the internet if it helps take your mind off of the pain. At the end of the day, Tom Brady won his fifth super bowl and all you can do about it is pout and try and troll Patriots fans who are simply laughing at you at this point.

This, just like every other thought or opinion you've ever had is a waste of the breath you needed to make it, or the energy you needed to type it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'll try to make it more plausible for you. Troy Vincent, who is as dumb as a bag of hammers, and was hired to placate players, issued the initial announcement. He admitted later, he had never heard of the ideal gas law, and didn't realize the weather could influence ball inflation.

Goodell, fresh from being tarred and feathered over Ray Rice, and with many owners wanting to hurt the Patriots, couldn't back down from the ignorant stance the league had taken. The Wells report, bought and paid for by the league, and written by a guy who's income is all tied to the league was issued with so many factual errors and contradictory conclusions as to render it barely worthy of the National Enquirer. A hearing is held in which the guy who wrote most of the report for Wells was one of the league lawyers cross-examining Brady. Some farcical crap was drummed up about Brady's cooperation even though he had gone beyond what the union recommended.

Federal Judge, sorts through the evidence and the science, and the sham arbitration hearing and decides it is such a miscarriage of justice that he's going to toss it out. Circuit Court, under labor law rules looks at that ruling and throws it out 2-1, because under the labor agreement Goodell can in fact, punish anyone for anything, even if it didn't happen. One judge dissents, citing essentially, the grotesque result that leads to.

There you have it in summary form, omitting a lot of exculpatory evidence. Nothing ever happened. Nothing. Every detail, including the texts, with photos of the people who were texted time stamped from that moment, have been thoroughly reviewed and debunked.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you're a Pats fan I don't know how you do anything other than laugh when you read stuff like this.

They dont laugh though. Thats what they should do, but instead they froth at the mouth.

Heres the thing with Pats fans. Im a jets fan, of course I hate the Pats, but this is coming from a different place. Living in New England almost all my friends are Pats fans. Christ 2/3rds of my immediate family including all In- laws nieces, nephews everyone Pats fans. Because Im a rabble rouser I of course had fun with them yesterday morning on Facebook. Its MY superbowl because the closest a Jets fan is getting to the superbowl in the modern era is to troll pats fans when they are there. :)

I mean as much as it pains me to say; Brady and Belichick are both the greatest ever at their Jobs. They probably were before last night, but last night poured it in concrete for eternity. It was simply remarkable how they won the game. Yeah there was some luck. (that catch) and Yeah the Falcons handed it to them on a platter with the successive sack/holding penalty when a field goal ices the game, but even with that stupidity on the Falcons part the Pats still had to make EVERY play and convert two 2 point conversions to send it to OT. Ive never seen anything like it.

That being said. If you saw my news feed at half time the invective being spewed directly at the Patriots by Pats fans was worse than even the most ardent Pats hater can dream up.

I was in my glory at 28-3, but I wasnt stupid enough to call it a game and go on social media and gloat about it. I know what Brady is capable of. Its pretty sad that an avowed Pats hater like me has more belief in their team than their "fans". Pats fans in my feed were throwing in the towel left and right. It was amazing to see, and it was way MORE than your garden variety hard core fans upset at team performance. Brady was getting destroyed by them. And then after the game its all sunshine and rainbows. Ive been making hay today by reposting their incendiary commentary before the comeback. So even when I lose Im still winning :).

Reaction Score
Greatest cheater of all time. 50 years of super bowls and no team has come back by more than 10 points. All of a sudden the patriots overcome an 18 point deficit and the "magic" occurs at halftime. Must have been an epic pep talk, huh? 50 years and we don't go from a record of 10 to 11 or 13 or 14. No. We jump all the way to 18! And how did it happen? It was all about QB pressure. The Falcons built their lead by protecting Ryan and pressuring Brady. Brady looked like crap in the first half due to the pressure. The second half starts and, all of a sudden, the Falcons can no longer pressure Brady and, also all of a sudden, the Patriots are putting pressure on Ryan. Ryan makes some stupid mistakes due to the pressure and, of course, Brady looks like a god due to having all day to make a throw. Does the NFL drug test after the Super Bowl? Probably not. We wouldn't want the greatest money making event of the year get tainted. But if they did, I really wonder if they might find something like stimulants in some of the players. The shift at half time was suspiciously out of the norm.
with every Patriot Super Bowl win, it becomes less and less likely it's due to cheating. They're just that good.
Signed,
Giants fan

Reaction Score
They dont laugh though. Thats what they should do, but instead they froth at the mouth.

Heres the thing with Pats fans. Im a jets fan, of course I hate the Pats, but this is coming from a different place. Living in New England almost all my friends are Pats fans. Christ 2/3rds of my immediate family including all In- laws nieces, nephews everyone Pats fans. Because Im a rabble rouser I of course had fun with them yesterday morning on Facebook. Its MY superbowl because the closest a Jets fan is getting to the superbowl in the modern era is to troll pats fans when they are there. :)

I mean as much as it pains me to say; Brady and Belichick are both the greatest ever at their Jobs. They probably were before last night, but last night poured it in concrete for eternity. It was simply remarkable how they won the game. Yeah there was some luck. (that catch) and Yeah the Falcons handed it to them on a platter with the successive sack/holding penalty when a field goal ices the game, but even with that stupidity on the Falcons part the Pats still had to make EVERY play and convert two 2 point conversions to send it to OT. Ive never seen anything like it.

That being said. If you saw my news feed at half time the invective being spewed directly at the Patriots by Pats fans was worse than even the most ardent Pats hater can dream up.

I was in my glory at 28-3, but I wasnt stupid enough to call it a game and go on social media and gloat about it. I know what Brady is capable of. Its pretty sad that an avowed Pats hater like me has more belief in their team than their "fans". Pats fans in my feed were throwing in the towel left and right. It was amazing to see, and it was way MORE than your garden variety hard core fans upset at team performance. Brady was getting destroyed by them. And then after the game its all sunshine and rainbows. Ive been making hay today by reposting their incendiary commentary before the comeback. So even when I lose Im still winning :).
Remarkable what the Pats did? That game was about as real as Trump's plan to make America great again is.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Again, text messages. Weight loss? That's hilarious. It's beyond absurd to believe he wasn't talking about letting air out of the footballs. I don't care about whether or not the outdoor temperature and pressure could explain and loss of pressure in the balls.

Patriots fans look foolish saying it didn't happen. It's like the kid who cheated on a test, but said, when caught, "But I knew all ánswers anyway?"

Deflate-Gate Report Reveals Salty Deflate-Gate Text Messages

August_West

Reaction Score
Remarkable what the Pats did? That game was about as real as Trump's plan to make America great again is.

Yeah it was remarkable.

Reaction Score
Again, text messages. Weight loss? That's hilarious. It's beyond absurd to believe he wasn't talking about letting air out of the footballs. I don't care about whether or not the outdoor temperature and pressure could explain and loss of pressure in the balls.

Patriots fans look foolish saying it didn't happen. It's like the kid who cheated on a test, but said, when caught, "But I knew all ánswers anyway?"

Deflate-Gate Report Reveals Salty Deflate-Gate Text Messages

Delicious, salty tears.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah it was remarkable.

The remarkable part wasn't what the Patriots did on offense in my opinion. I expected the offense to finally start clicking. The remarkable part was that Atlanta never scored again after getting to 28. Quinn must be kicking himself for not running up the middle twice and kicking a field goal after Jones' amazing catch (on a ball I think Ryan was essentially throwing away). But I don't think he believed that his offense could be shut down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The vindication stuff is comical. I doubt it had anything to do with the outcome of any game, but they still cheated.
Well, except that they didn't but other than that spot on.

(FWIW, I don't understand the vindication line of thinking either.)

I hear that Brady has gone on record saying that missing 4 games helped with his health and stamina at the end of the year. He and Belichick are considering doing it every year. Thanks Goodell!

August_West

Reaction Score
Do the Jet's still play football?

Sure. They have an intramural season every Sept-December. They suck. Just because the jets suck doesnt mean the Pats fans arent a bunch of the craziest front runners in sports history (and sports history and fandom is rife with front runners).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't need to and have no time just saying. Scientific evidence aside, suddenly quiet ball boys and broken phones really? Please..

Whatever just celebrate it meant nothing anyway just hate the "how the haters feeling like now" ..."can't wait to see Roger's face when he hands it off" blah blah blah...when are you guys just going to celebrate your team like most normal people do rather than the us against the world BS?

DONE rant over, I do like you guys we just can't agree here. Fair enough? Celebrate man, their unbelievable and last night was too.

That's just it, you ate ignoring the fact that Tom gave over his texts, Ted wells said "thank you, that's all we need. You're done." Goodell then asked for it again after the investigation was complete. Why would Tom need to provide the same evidence again when they told him he didn't need to?

The fact that you guys fly in the face of tons of preeminent scientists who have proved that the balls were not tampered with based on psi. If they had been, I mean, I guess they don't know what they are talking about, and you guys do. Must be nice.

You are also giving Goodell and the NFL the benefit of the doubt, when they've been demonstrably, unequivocally wrong over and over and over again on so many issues and rulings. And on THIS issue you make a stand. Wonder why that is?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure. They have an intramural season every Sept-December. They suck. Just because the jets suck doesnt mean the Pats fans arent a bunch of the craziest front runners in sports history (and sports history and fandom is rife with front runners).

giphy.gif

Uh, sorry did you say something Auggy? I was busy celebrating.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom