OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
My only thought on the fight is how surprised I am at each fighter's size. both are small.

Reaction Score
Agree that Pacquiao's lack of aggression was a problem. You can attribute it to carryover from the Marquez knockout, or getting caught by Mayweather's straight right hand, but I thought Manny had opportunities where he had cut off the ring well but didn't attack at all when given the opportunity.

Talking with someone today who is/was a big Pernell Whitaker fan back in the day and thinks Pernell could beat Mayweather. Not sure about that, but I suspect that the two of them would likely just step into the ring and dodge each other for 12 rounds.

Reaction Score
Not too many boxers are good citizens, don't know why people are surprised, check out this Tyson clip talking to women.

Unfortunately, boxing is much cheaper than hockey, poor man's sport.

Reaction Score
You haven't heard anyone get on Big Ben? What rock have you been living under?
It's been a long time since anyone got on Big Ben, he's been forgiven, I wonder why.
Stop throwing dirt on Mayweather because he's a young black man, who happens to one of the all time greats, while being filthy rich and one who speaks his mind. Pretty obvious why certain people throw so much dirt on Mayweather, showing your true colors. What rock have I been under? The one that's about to come crashing down on your head.....Lol

Reaction Score
Stop throwing dirt on Mayweather because he's a young black man, who happens to one of the all time greats, while being filthy rich and one who speaks his mind. Pretty obvious why certain people throw so much dirt on Mayweather, showing your true colors.l

Try again, dude. Because he "speaks his mind." . People dislike Floyd because he's a POS as a human being.

http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

Reaction Score
Try again, really? I don't in any way condone the use of violence. "Certain people hate Floyd, haters. Mayweather was wrong for hitting a woman or anybody else outside of the ring, period. Let's move on, he got help and hopefully learned from his mistakes. It's stupid to constantly dwell on the negative and to live in the past. He's done a lot of positive things also, talk about that. Move on, get a life and let Floyd live his. You sound like a an absolute hater and so does that writer.You have people in sports accused of rape and murder. Talk about them and leave Mayweather TFA... Not one person in the Philipines roots for this American fighter, while the majority of so called Americans root for Manny and ridicule Floyd every chance that they get. How Patriotic. True colors are showing bud.

Reaction Score
Roy got put to sleep after he moved up to heavyweight and tried to come back down. In his prime he whooped guys like Bernard Hopkins and James Toney and destroyed Montel Griffin in under a round in a rematch.
I don't think he "whupped" Bernard or James. Montel is not even worth mentioning. He sure learned his lesson by moving up didn't he? You only move up if you can carry the weight and compete against heavier fighters. To do so without being able to do that is just foolish.. Move up in weight class just to prove a point and get knocked out in a way that ruins not only your career, but your legacy as well.

Reaction Score
The media, especially ESPiN, made a big point of Mayweather's terrible past abusing women, but I didn't see one shot at HBO for letting Jim Lamply call the fight. I guess they forgot.

Reaction Score
The media, especially ESPiN, made a big point of Mayweather's terrible past abusing women, but I didn't see one shot at HBO for letting Jim Lamply call the fight. I guess they forgot.
WOW! Unbelievable. What did Lampley do?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Or they understand the difference between "convicted" and "not charged".

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Before this thread I never would have guessed there was an overlap between Floyd Mayweather and women's college basketball fans.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So a woman beater is only a lowlife if charges are filed...got it.

The facts are that one man was convicted and sent to prison and the other was not even charged.

Setting your straw man aside, a reasonable person would see a chasm in the difference between the two.

Reaction Score
So a woman beater is only a lowlife if charges are filed...got it. Does he get extra points deducted because of the restraining order she had to file?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/2007-02-21-lampley_x.htm

http://thaboxingvoice.com/lampley-calling-the-kettle-black-in-mayweather-criticism/31664?var=no

And that wasn't his first rodeo. There was more than one POS at the ring on Saturday.
Hypocrites.... People can change. I believe that Floyd has matured a lot. Nobody in this world is perfect. Floyd paid the price for his deeds. I really respected the way he praised Manny after the fight. I see a young man who has grown up. He has become one of my favorite fighters.

Reaction Score
The facts are that one man was convicted and sent to prison and the other was not even charged.

Setting your straw man aside, a reasonable person would see a chasm in the difference between the two.
One man paid the price and the other one got away...smh

Reaction Score
Hypocrites.... People can change. I believe that Floyd has matured a lot. Nobody in this world is perfect. Floyd paid the price for his deeds. I really respected the way he praised Manny after the fight. I see a young man who has grown up. He has become one of my favorite fighters.

Dude, he's 38 years old. He went to jail as recently as when he was 35. The young man excuse is absurd. Nobody lets Chris Brown off with that excuse and he was a teenager when he got arrested.

Reaction Score

Yelling strawman..great. The point was about media treatment. Two men, front and center, same event, different treatment. Media types wènt out of their way to "do their duty" to make sure Floyd's transgressions were the main topic. I have zero problem with this in most cases. Lamply broadcast s fights month after month yet those same gaurdians of virtue never mention any of his past. No call for HBO to replace him at least for this mega event just to send a message. Nothing but silence.

ESPiN has promoted through air time ever Mayweather fight for years with hardly a mention of his disgusting past. But they pick this stage to expose him with no mention of the past of the voice that would be heard through the entire fight. I find it to be a fraud, you don't. The world keeps on spinning lol

Reaction Score
Dude, he's 38 years old. He went to jail as recently as when he was 35. The young man excuse is absurd. Nobody lets Chris Brown off with that excuse and he was a teenager when he got arrested.
He didn't get off, Lampley did. Thirty-five is young to me. So, what do you want to happen? You want to condemn him for the rest of his life? If the people he assaulted have forgiven him and moved on, why can't everybody else? Jealousy?

Reaction Score
A lot of boxers fight with injuries. Pac's camp wasted no time coming up with this shoulder issue, I call BS. Manny is not a gracious loser. Whereas Floyd had nothing but praise for Manny, after the fight. People who say Manny won that fight or even that it was close are either blind or crazy, maybe both. The way that Floyd controlled the fight was truly masterful. Am I the only one who sees that a lot of the biased opinions and attacks on Floyd are a product of hatred and jealousy. A blind man could see that. Absolutely shameful.
funny how you dont have a long post history but now youre quite vocal with your flomosecsuality. Manny has a torn rotator cuff. floyd fought a one handed fighter who on a couple of ocassions was still able to catch floyd with some solid shots and back him up on the ropes. this really sucks because now in the eyes of manny this debate of whos better will go on forever. its floyds fault because he recently admitted to delaying the fight to make the money bigger. this fight shouldve happend years ago. now we`re left with still no closure to this. Manny is out for the next year and floyd is retiring. what a sad final chapter in the floyd manny saga.

Reaction Score
Yelling strawman..great. The point was about media treatment. Two men, front and center, same event, different treatment. Media types wènt out of their way to "do their duty" to make sure Floyd's transgressions were the main topic. I have zero problem with this in most cases. Lamply broadcast s fights month after month yet those same gaurdians of virtue never mention any of his past. No call for HBO to replace him at least for this mega event just to send a message. Nothing but silence.

ESPiN has promoted through air time ever Mayweather fight for years with hardly a mention of his disgusting past. But they pick this stage to expose him with no mention of the past of the voice that would be heard through the entire fight. I find it to be a fraud, you don't. The world keeps on spinning lol[/QUOTE
Nicely stated!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agree that Pacquiao's lack of aggression was a problem. You can attribute it to carryover from the Marquez knockout, or getting caught by Mayweather's straight right hand, but I thought Manny had opportunities where he had cut off the ring well but didn't attack at all when given the opportunity.

Probably was mostly the significant tear in Paq's right shoulder that did it. Sustained 2.5 weeks before the fight. Out 9-12 months.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...-significant-tear-rotator-cuff-right-shoulder

Last edited:
Reaction Score
funny how you dont have a long post history but now youre quite vocal with your flomosecsuality. Manny has a torn rotator cuff. floyd fought a one handed fighter who on a couple of ocassions was still able to catch floyd with some solid shots and back him up on the ropes. this really sucks because now in the eyes of manny this debate of whos better will go on forever. its floyds fault because he recently admitted to delaying the fight to make the money bigger. this fight shouldve happend years ago. now we`re left with still no closure to this. Manny is out for the next year and floyd is retiring. what a sad final chapter in the floyd manny saga.
First of all what does post history have to do with anything? Flomosecsuality? Wtf.
As I said before, a lot of fighters fight with injuries buddy. Roach said that Manny was injured but was improving before the fight. You either postpone the fight or stfu! The fight was barely over and Manny's camp is screaming about this injured shoulder, totally classless! Hearns broke his hand against Hagler, but never once did he mention it. The Pacqiuo camp would not give Floyd one ounce of credit. Marquez put Manny to sleep, was he hurt then too? I've had surgery before to repair a torn rotator cuff, labrum and biceps tendon. I played football with it before surgery, my point is that he chose to fight so stop making excuses. You may debate, I sure won't. Floyd was always the better fighter, he could have knocked him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom