OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should be embarrassed for this post. Either you don't know the first thing about his track record or you're just a blind fan boy, but either way the "Floyd is the victim" thing is straight up embarrassing.
I'm not embarrassed at all. I'm not blind either, I know that Floyd hit women, which was wrong. But he paid the price for it. If the victims have forgiven him and moved on, then everyone else should too.I'm not looking up his track record either. But don't choose who to hate and who not to for the same offense, based on whatever reason. Why don't you look up all the athletes that hit women and hate them equally. Stop living on what has happened in the past. Men that hit women, have a problem. I've heard that men hit women as a way to control them, point is that there is a solvable problem there in most cases. Anger Management is a good start.

Reaction Score
This is clownish. It would be one thing if he had expressed any remorse whatsoever. This is not worth spending much time on, but you sound really, really foolish.
How do you what happened behind the scenes? What about other athletes, that raped women? Do you care? No, you don't, it's only because he's Floyd. How do you think you sound? Like a Bigot

Reaction Score
How do you what happened behind the scenes? What about other athletes, that raped women? Do you care? No, you don't, it's only because he's Floyd. How do you think you sound? Like a Bigot

Please cite an example of anyone in this thread defending a rapist. Yes, there are a lot of dirtbag athletes. Floyd Mayweather is one of them, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Please cite an example of anyone in this thread defending a rapist. Yes, there are a lot of dirtbag athletes. Floyd Mayweather is one of them, unfortunately.
I'm not saying anyone is defending a rapist or any other criminal, I'm saying I don't hear people attacking them the way that they attack Floyd. Never have either.

Reaction Score
I'm not embarrassed at all. I'm not blind either, I know that Floyd hit women, which was wrong. But he paid the price for it. If the victims have forgiven him and moved on, then everyone else should too.I'm not looking up his track record either. But don't choose who to hate and who not to for the same offense, based on whatever reason. Why don't you look up all the athletes that hit women and hate them equally. Stop living on what has happened in the past. Men that hit women, have a problem. I've heard that men hit women as a way to control them, point is that there is a solvable problem there in most cases. Anger Management is a good start.

Problem is it's "womEn" not " a womAn". He paid the price for a "woman" maybe but to repeat that act means you are as a person, no amount of money or ability to box makes you anything more than a steamy pile. It's hitting women for crying out loud that's cowardly.

Reaction Score
By the way their both thieves too. They stole from anyone who paid for that crap from what I hear but I honestly didn't see it. But I am sure it was no Ali-Frazier.

Reaction Score
I loved Quwi . I think he was about 5'6 or 5'7
He was a tough little guy . He gave Evander all he could handle.
The Knock that Archie was an old man when he lost to Rocky and Floyd is ridicules
He just hit his stride in his late thirties winning the Iightheavy title for the first time
In 1954
it was a tough division post war ,he was one of many in the crowd.
He then was knocked out by Rocky and Floyd in 1955 ,one might say at the peak of his career.
He retained the light heavyweight belt until stripped in the sixties
He fought Ali in 1963 yes he was over the hill when he fought Ali
By the way the Great Ezzard Charles although he actually never won the light heavyweight title is considered by Ring the greatest light heavy of all time he campaigned for years at that weight but the politics of Boxing kept him from winning it. He got his title shot as a heavy weight.
Moore was beaten by Charles a couple of times. At 175
Heavyweights of that era were typically 185-200lbs not a stretch for a 175 pounder.
Correction Moore lost three times to Charles the last by KO in the third round
Besides Charles ,Gene Tunney was primarily a light heavy who won the Heavy weight championship
Bob Fitzsimmons actually won the light heavyweight title after he lost the heavyweight title. He was actually a middleweight.
But Michael Spinks won the heavyweight championship while reigning as the light heavy weight champ. The first guy to do that since Burn in 1906 . He beat Larry Holmes who was 49-0 at the time. I had to look it up even though I saw the fight.
Roy Jones did out point a guy who was recognized ,but never considered a top champ.
Not a knock on Roy just a fact.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying anyone is defending a rapist or any other criminal, I'm saying I don't hear people attacking them the way that they attack Floyd. Never have either.

Just so I have this: you're saying that you've never heard anyone criticize any criminals except for Floyd Mayweather. Is that right?

Reaction Score

Because there are police reports, medical reports, and mountains of available evidence for anyone with an inclination to actually be informed, rather than just spout off insults.

You've made it clear that you don't have even a minimal clue as to what you're talking about - I don't know where you come up with this idea that he's been forgiven by all of his various victims, but that's most definitely not the case. And the best you can come up with is to call me a "bigot"? You're a joke. Honestly, you admit that you don't know the story and then you call me a bigot? I'm embarrassed for you.

Reaction Score
BigErn is letting you off the hook by saying you sound clownish and foolish, there are many harsher words that could have been used. You have said many things in this thread that are just plain ridiculous and calling people racist for not liking Mayweather is just plain offensive.

Reaction Score
Problem is it's "womEn" not " a womAn". He paid the price for a "woman" maybe but to repeat that act means you are as a person, no amount of money or ability to box makes you anything more than a steamy pile. It's hitting women for crying out loud that's cowardly.
Usually when people have problems, they will continue certain behaviors until they get help. I believe Floyd has. I guess your a Saint, never committed a sin?

Reaction Score
Usually when people have problems, they will continue certain behaviors until they get help. I believe Floyd has. I guess your a Saint, never committed a sin?

I've never punched a woman in the face, that's for sure. Mayweather has punched several. Maybe if he'd gotten "help" after the first or second times, it might be forgivable, but when you're assaulting people on-and-off for nearly a decade, you're garbage, and that's that.

Also, other than his court-ordered domestic violence program, what "help" did he seek?

Reaction Score
BigErn is letting you off the hook by saying you sound clownish and foolish, there are many harsher words that could have been used. You have said many things in this thread that are just plain ridiculous and calling people racist for not liking Mayweather is just plain offensive.
Letting me off the hook. Really? I'm telling you how he sounds to me. Floyd abused women, yes, it's cowardly. It's time for a new start, it's over. Move on! Dislike him the rest of your life if you like.... He's still gonna be rich, he's still gonna be Champion and your still gonna hating.

Reaction Score
I've never punched a woman in the face, that's for sure. Mayweather has punched several. Maybe if he'd gotten "help" after the first or second times, it might be forgivable, but when you're assaulting people on-and-off for nearly a decade, you're garbage, and that's that.

Also, other than his court-ordered domestic violence program, what "help" did he seek?
Don't know, don't care. If he hasn't gotten help or learned his lesson, then he will go to jail, period. I've never hit a woman either. Who the hell has time to go looking into athletes backgrounds, digging up dirt and . Every negative story you hear about an athlete, what, are you going to launch an investigation , Damn do u work? Look up the good things that Floyd has done for people, stop dwelling on the negative. Tell me something positive.

Reaction Score
Don't know, don't care. If he hasn't gotten help or learned his lesson, then he will go to jail, period. I've never hit a woman either. Who the hell has time to go looking into athletes backgrounds, digging up dirt and . Every negative story you hear about an athlete, what, are you going to launch an investigation , Damn do u work? Look up the good things that Floyd has done for people, stop dwelling on the negative. Tell me something positive.

You're a very weird person.

Reaction Score

He's willing to beat the women in front of his young son?

30c7p0w.jpg

Reaction Score
Because there are police reports, medical reports, and mountains of available evidence for anyone with an inclination to actually be informed, rather than just spout off insults.

You've made it clear that you don't have even a minimal clue as to what you're talking about - I don't know where you come up with this idea that he's been forgiven by all of his various victims, but that's most definitely not the case. And the best you can come up with is to call me a "bigot"? You're a joke. Honestly, you admit that you don't know the story and then you call me a bigot? I'm embarrassed for you.
What are you looking up police reports? Are you crazy? So, have you looked up Lampleys report? Probably not, haven't heard one comment on that. Who looks up police reports? Who has the time? Really wired, pal. You should be embarrassed for yourself, you probably are one. For the record, I don't give a duckk whether you like Floyd or not, that's your problem. Sure hope the man upstairs doesn't judge you the way you judged Floyd.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I'll leave the reporting of the good things to his agent.

Reaction Score
First off, you continue to move the goalposts here. Secondly, I root for Floyd pretty much every time he fights, I rooted for him against Manny. I pay for his fights. Comparing the personal lives of athletes is a dangerous game to play, which is why I think Deadspin and others are ridiculous with their faux moral superiority.

But if you don't think his past is at least somewhat representative of his character as a person, you're crazy. You've tried to make him a victim in all this with your "young black man" diatribe.
Your trying to reason with a Flomo. There is no reasoning with this blind ignorant fan base. lets hope this infection that has invaded the boneyard goes away and doesnt attract any more of his pathetic ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom