OT: Juwan Durham update | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Durham update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Freshman champion

Eh. Watch the NCAAT highlights. Brimah appears in like 3 of them. Not a huge contribution outside of St. Joe's.

That team won because of, in order:
Bazz
Boat
Daniels
Giff
Kromah
Samuel
Nolan/Brimah

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Eh. Watch the NCAAT highlights. Brimah appears in like 3 of them. Not a huge contribution outside of St.
/QUOTE]

You"re not following Chief's lines of logic. Brimah sucked because he played on a losing team, which, surprise to me, Enoch did not. Actually his logic changes. But I love that St Joe's highlight. He was just good enough.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think too many of you guys diminish TSam's value from that season. He was a vital part of that rotation and I don't think we win a NC without him. 14-15 TSam was a different story but the 13-14 guy was a huge part of that championship.

Perhaps not, but I know we don't win that Tournament without Brimah. Heck, we don't even win a single game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think too many of you guys diminish TSam's value from that season. He was a vital part of that rotation and I don't think we win a NC without him. 14-15 TSam was a different story but the 13-14 guy was a huge part of that championship.
I think you're hallucinating, but what do I know?

C

Chief00

Brimah's one play was worth more than Samuel's entire tournament.
I thought Brimah had potential to be a pro his Freshman year. However, this discussion of his freshman year is just validation that he did not develop or else we would be talking about last season.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I always thought it was unclear as well, but I went with Kemba City. Mostly cuz it's easier to say.

I love Kembacity, but much like the legendary scene in That Thing You Do, it's too confusing.

Wonders were gonna be "Oneders" but, as the drummer pointed out, "looks like Oh-needers."

Mau, anyone?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm sure there were people in 2014 saying "Brimah doesn't have to score another point in his career and he will be an all time great." Where are they now!?!?

Reaction Score
Agawam specifically.

Not really but kind of (Feeding Hills), but if you're leading someone to find me I can throw my address out there. Dream Jobbed has it! And it was others who kept the U in it when responding "mau" years and years ago. To this day Team Fishy doesn't even know my real name after many golf holes and beers together. ;)LOL

Reaction Score
Brimah ranks way, way ahead of Samuel in contribution to that championship.

It's an interesting discussion. If we are saying 2014 as a whole, then yes, without question, Brimah was a more important contributor. But Brimah's play in the tourney is greatly overvalued by one play (he had a very good game overall, too); he was just ok in the other 5 games.

St. Joe's 9 pts 6 reb 1 blk 30 min
Nova 2 pts 1 reb 1 blk 20 min
Iowa St 4 pts 2 reb 2 blk 20 min
Mich St 0 pts 0 reb 0 blk 10 min
Florida 2pts 1 reb 2 blk 12 min
Kentucky 0 pts 4 reb 1 blk 12 min

On the other hand, Sameul's overall season is greatly over overrated based upon how excellent he was in a couple games in the tourney. For the season, TSam had 11 games where he took a DNP. They were scattered here and there so I don't think they were based on injury and the vast majority of his minutes (double figure minute games) came in blowouts. But in the tourney...

St Joe's 0 pts 2 o ast 5 min
Nova 11 pts 1 reb 1 ast 21 min
Iowa St 10 pts 3 reb 2 ast 23 min
Mich St club 4 trillion
Florida 4 pts1 reb 1 ast 18 min
Kentucky 2 pts 1 reb 11 min

So TSam had the better overall tourney, but Amida had the most important play in the tourney and had the better overall season.

I thought Brimah had potential to be a pro his Freshman year. However, this discussion of his freshman year is just validation that he did not develop or else we would be talking about last season.

Here's the "Brimah will be a lottery pick thread." There are others, too, predicting him as a potential top 5 pick in the draft. What's unfortunate is reading the "if he improves _____" and realizing that he never did.

Next lottery pick from UConn

Reaction Score
It's an interesting discussion. If we are saying 2014 as a whole, then yes, without question, Brimah was a more important contributor. But Brimah's play in the tourney is greatly overvalued by one play (he had a very good game overall, too); he was just ok in the other 5 games.

St. Joe's 9 pts 6 reb 1 blk 30 min
Nova 2 pts 1 reb 1 blk 20 min
Iowa St 4 pts 2 reb 2 blk 20 min
Mich St 0 pts 0 reb 0 blk 10 min
Florida 2pts 1 reb 2 blk 12 min
Kentucky 0 pts 4 reb 1 blk 12 min

On the other hand, Sameul's overall season is greatly over overrated based upon how excellent he was in a couple games in the tourney. For the season, TSam had 11 games where he took a DNP. They were scattered here and there so I don't think they were based on injury and the vast majority of his minutes (double figure minute games) came in blowouts. But in the tourney...

St Joe's 0 pts 2 o ast 5 min
Nova 11 pts 1 reb 1 ast 21 min
Iowa St 10 pts 3 reb 2 ast 23 min
Mich St club 4 trillion
Florida 4 pts1 reb 1 ast 18 min
Kentucky 2 pts 1 reb 11 min

So TSam had the better overall tourney, but Amida had the most important play in the tourney and had the better overall season.

Here's the "Brimah will be a lottery pick thread." There are others, too, predicting him as a potential top 5 pick in the draft. What's unfortunate is reading the "if he improves _____" and realizing that he never did.

Next lottery pick from UConn

I was stuck in the freezing rain at my kid's practice just yesterday. SoI sat in the car with my iPhone and dialed up the 2014 championship. Amida played pretty well. His block the first few minutes in fueled UConn's run to a big 15 point lead. Kentucky stopped going inside and instead started heaving outside shots. He also got a few fouls committed against him on offense. He played very hard. Nolan also battled and got good minutes, but by the end of the game, it was Giffey and Daniels playing the 4 and the 5.

Reaction Score
Not sure what any of this has to do with Durham at this point, but I'm taking the bait anyway...

Brimah peaked sophomore year, but was probably hurt by injuries his last two seasons more than a typical player would be because he lacked so much for bball experience. He clearly improved his rebounding, box outs, fouling through senior year, but still struggled to contribute without DHam on the floor. He is not a big who can or should have an offense run through him, and not having Hamilton (or anyone else, Larrier if he wasn't hurt) slashing and throwing him lobs took a lot of wind out of his sails. The team needed too much from him at that point.

TSam was clutch in that tourney. Shabazz got benched with two fouls regularly, and TSam was there, driving like a maniac, clanking threes off the rim and keeping Boatright going in the two guard lineup. He was exactly what we needed that year. That team was great because everyone knew their role and just shut up and did it. Or Bazz shoved you at mid court if you didn't!

Reaction Score
Amina's lines are deceiving just because teams knew he was there, couldn't get shots up on him, though looking at his stats for those 6 games is eye opening. I love our guards but frankly I'm worried about our inside defense. We have Cobb, Diarra, and Polley, 3 untested players to protect the rim.

Reaction Score
Not really but kind of (Feeding Hills), but if you're leading someone to find me I can throw my address out there. Dream Jobbed has it! And it was others who kept the U in it when responding "mau" years and years ago. To this day Team Fishy doesn't even know my real name after many golf holes and beers together. ;)LOL
Would the moderators allow fhuconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom