OT: Juwan Durham update | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Durham update

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I guess in three years we'll see who was the fool and who wasn't
I don't see SE getting any significant burn at Lville and doubt JD goes to Duke or plays a significant role anywhere if he played and practiced as he did at UConn

Trust in Chief!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll take Durham or Enoch over the scrapple we're trying (and mostly failing) to replace them with.
But but Durham averaged one point... he couldn't possibly get better.

Reaction Score
I'll take Durham or Enoch over the scrapple we're trying (and mostly failing) to replace them with.
I gurantee you cobb and/or carlton avg more than 1 and 1 next season....

C

Chief00

But but Durham averaged one point... he couldn't possibly get better.
In all due respect, you just don't get it. We are talking about talent evaluation - not what he did in a year he should have red shirted to rehab his ACL's if not for injuries to other players.

Reaction Score
Enoch's loss will sting. Enoch has the skillset, size, and athleticism to be a very good starting big man.

Him going to Louisville a team that plays almost full court defense every possession shows that he is not scared or unwilling to play defense. Pitino taking him shows that he has confidence in Enoch's potential.

Enoch is better than any big man that we are attempting to recruit. Let's not kid ourselves.

Reaction Score
I gurantee you cobb and/or carlton avg more than 1 and 1 next season....

Ollie said a couple times that there were times where Durham couldn't practice because of swelling in his knee (or wherever it was). Durham had good days & bad days. Ollie also rewarded players who played well in practice & played defense. Hard to practice well if your body is still healing after 2 ACL injuries. It also appeared Durham was on a minutes restriction. I think Ollie was over protective with Durham (just my opinion). Harry Giles from Duke was in a similar situation. He was a Top 5 recruit (some had him #1). Harry played about 11 mins a game for Duke & averaged under 4 pts & 4 rbs and is in the NBA Draft (probably a 1st rounder despite the ACL injuries). Durham was also playing behind Seniors in Facey & Brimah, who knew what Ollie wanted. I don't think Cobb or Carlton would have gotten much more playing time this past year. Next year minutes are wide open & I think Durham would have been a potential starter. I'm definitely annoyed Durham left because he'd probably be close to fully recovered & an integral part of our offense. Cobb averaged like 1 & 1 his one season @ South Carolina. Jury is still out on him. Not sure what to expect from Carlton. He looks like a banger & not afraid of contact, so I'm holding out hope!

pj

Reaction Score
Don't fool yourself - both Enoch and Durham have an upside which interests the major schools.

Never denied that. Just pointing out that even if Durham doesn't achieve his upside, he may still be a useful piece for them.

Reaction Score
Enoch's loss will sting. Enoch has the skillset, size, and athleticism to be a very good starting big man.

Him going to Louisville a team that plays almost full court defense every possession shows that he is not scared or unwilling to play defense. Pitino taking him shows that he has confidence in Enoch's potential.

Enoch is better than any big man that we are attempting to recruit. Let's not kid ourselves.
What can anyone say he transferred on his own, KO beg?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Durham is the one that I think has the better chance for success. Wish them both well. But I don't think we will miss Steve.
And like 'Ville, he came here knowing about how we play defense. He just couldn't. Worse, he never appeared to be trying very hard.

Reaction Score
Ant has to be the only poster who wouldn't.
Enoch i'd love back, but i dont like durhams mental make-up. I dont think we'll regret losing him. Just my opinion tho not fact based

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh this is gold. If Durham ends up at Duke, there will no longer be any argument for those who think he's not a loss.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh this is gold. If Durham ends up at Duke, there will no longer be any argument for those who think he's not a loss.

Some of us will wait to see how he actually pans out at Duke before making those kinds of judgements.

How did the last transfer big Coach K brought in end up doing? What kind of role did he play on their team the last two years? A Duke offer isn't some magic pronouncement that determines he's going to pay off for them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Duke doesn't stash scholarships for kids they don't think can play in the league.

Antonio Vrankovic, the Admiral's kid, Goldwire the recent PG commit, formerly Sean Obi...

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
He's a former 5 star big who really just needed/needs a full season to heal. There isn't a fan base that wouldn't be happy to fill a roster spot with him and you'd think that one with two low level recruits with almost zero front court experience would feel the same but.....

Reaction Score
Some of us will wait to see how he actually pans out at Duke before making those kinds of judgements.

How did the last transfer big Coach K brought in end up doing? What kind of role did he play on their team the last two years? A Duke offer isn't some magic pronouncement that determines he's going to pay off for them.
I hear you but you and I both know it's not a good look if our bigs who barely did anything here are wanted by Pitino and coach K.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

He was a good insurance plan in case they somehow lost out on their big man, and was focused on his education. He was also good enough to transfer to Maryland this year.

Do you really think Duke would offer him a spot for four years if he wasn't any good? Even if he never turns into anything special, it's enough proof the talent is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom