OT: Juwan Durham update

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Really?
In a couple cases, yes.
His last few appearances, he looked totally afraid to make a move when he got the ball. Some attributed it to not yet trusting his legs, but we'd already seen more aggressiveness than that from him in previous games. He just started looking indecisive, timid and even less sure of himself, and couldn't wait to get rid of the ball.

Reaction Score
If I had to guess, a conversation was had with a Duke assistant and he wants the world to know to stir up more interest.

I was thinking if they somehow miss on Tucker. Having kids transfer to Duke and Louisville seems less than ideal.

pj

Reaction Score
If Duke's backcourt needs Jordan Goldwire, why wouldn't the frontcourt benefit from Juwan Durham? I think K and Calipari have learned they need to complement their one-and-dones with some talented 4-year backups who can be practice players and potentially develop into serviceable players as upperclassmen. With one and dones, you have so much turnover, it's easy to get a roster hole.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Coach K is probably thinking a version of Amile Jefferson. Similar builds, both average athletes, pretty solid with the ball.

It would be a great get for any team, considering he'll be stashed for one year. At Duke he'd go up against Wendell Carter (5* PF) and whomever they brought in the following year. Not a bad situation, would need to earn minutes.

Reaction Score
Coach K has brought in 4 transfers in his time at Duke. Rodney Hood, Dahntay Jones, Seth Curry, and Roshown McLeod. All three players were very good in their college season(s) before transferring and all except Curry were NBA prospects. Durham does not fit any of these. No chance he gets an offer from Duke.

Reaction Score
Aren't you really posting this crap? Talk about sour grapes. I wish the kid well and hope that he finds the right fit for him. It certainly won't be as a walk on though.
I don't know why all the hate on Durham. I am probably one of the toughest critics on our players, and he actually showed some aggressive rebounding, and good skills around the hoop, at times, but people are going to remember the air balls he shot up. Do I think he will turn into a great player, no, but he could be good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know why all the hate on Durham. I am probably one of the toughest critics on our players, and he actually showed some aggressive rebounding, and good skills around the hoop, at times, but people are going to remember the air balls he shot up. Do I think he will turn into a great player, no, but he could be good.

Everyone here would welcome him back, no question. But let's not pretend he was a world beater last year. We wanted him for his upside, not what he was putting out on the court.

People are more pissed at what was behind the decommitment. Injury, we stuck with him, eased him along, he leaves, etc...

Reaction Score

I'm higher on Durham's upside than Enoch's. Durham was as rusty as I've ever seen (expected after 2 years out) and didn't have confidence in his knee, but you could see he had confidence when he had the ball or was trying to make a play.

Reaction Score

I'm only unhappy with his quotes on the way out, but the kid seems like a really good kid. He didn't prove much but his video's during HS did from what I believe and if he gets his legs back and confidence this could be a really good get for someone.

Reaction Score
Coach K has brought in 4 transfers in his time at Duke. Rodney Hood, Dahntay Jones, Seth Curry, and Roshown McLeod. All three players were very good in their college season(s) before transferring and all except Curry were NBA prospects. Durham does not fit any of these. No chance he gets an offer from Duke.

Sean Obi too.

Reaction Score
Sean Obi too.

Obi was a "CT" kid (not really Greenwich lol) and he always seemed to think UConn was beneath him so I'm kind of glad he got wasted on the bench at his choice Duke and hope it happens again. Because honestly the kid is probably going to do some special things outside of basketball anyway according to those who know of his academic abilities. And good for him.

Reaction Score
Obi was a "CT" kid (not really Greenwich lol) and he always seemed to think UConn was beneath him so I'm kind of glad he got wasted on the bench at his choice Duke and hope it happens again. Because honestly the kid is probably going to do some special things outside of basketball anyway according to those who know of his academic abilities. And good for him.

Obi never said or implied that UCONN was beneath him. He did go to a school considerably better academically and basketball wise instead of his "hometown" school so I guess that's a sleight? He is also not a CT kid (or a Greenwich kid) considering he lived in Nigeria for 3/4 of his life.

Reaction Score
Obi never said or implied that UConn was beneath him. He did go to a school considerably better academically and basketball wise instead of his "hometown" school so I guess that's a sleight? He is also not a CT kid (or a Greenwich kid) considering he lived in Nigeria for 3/4 of his life.

"seemed to" key words. By no means did I have anything just an opinion since he ignored us and I think I did mention his academics. And I believe he lived in Greenwich CT or went to school there?

Reaction Score
"seemed to" key words. By no means did I have anything just an opinion since he ignored us and I think I did mention his academics. And I believe he lived in Greenwich CT or went to school there?

You are glad he wasted away on the bench and hope it happens to him again because he didn't go to UCONN? He was taken in by a host family when he was 15 after leaving Nigeria. Not hating on you here, just think you are way off on this one buddy.

C

Chief00

If Duke's backcourt needs Jordan Goldwire, why wouldn't the frontcourt benefit from Juwan Durham? I think K and Calipari have learned they need to complement their one-and-dones with some talented 4-year backups who can be practice players and potentially develop into serviceable players as upperclassmen. With one and dones, you have so much turnover, it's easy to get a roster hole.

Don't fool yourself - both Enoch and Durham have an upside which interests the major schools.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don't fool yourself - both Enoch and Durham have an upside which interests the major schools.
I guess in three years we'll see who was the fool and who wasn't
I don't see SE getting any significant burn at Lville and doubt JD goes to Duke or plays a significant role anywhere if he played and practiced as he did at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom