OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 25 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The IRS will soon be asking why no taxes were paid on this money.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Look at this BS:

:rolleyes:

Of course he doesn't. In reality, Rick is such a control freak that nobody can have a bowel movement without clearing it by him first yet the public persona is that he is so busy being a standup guy that he can't possibly have time to figure out what his underlings are doing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The IRS will soon be asking why no taxes were paid on this money.
Yes, and this will be where he buck stops so to speak.

Reaction Score
There is an old adage that I live by
“Never take pleasure in the misfortune of others “
There is good reason for this
These revelations cast dispersions on College Basketball a sport I love.
Because when the hits the fan and your in the same room it’s hard to avoid being tarnished.
The point shaving scandal occurred at realtively small number of schools . It’s entire blame was placed on the corrupt NYC gamblers . But It caused all the basketball in the NE to suffer for 25 years. Until revived by Dave Gavitt . We don’t know nor can we predict the fallout from these revelations
Hopefully this causes the NCAA to wake up from their stupor.
A general public perception that our sport is dirty does no one any good especially BB schools like us.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want them around? If I was a fan of their program I would want everyone gone. Start all over.

Penn St. would probably keep him around but for any other fan base you can only screw over your fans and alumni so much before its over.

Reaction Score
Fran Fraschilla: "With plausible deniability no longer a defense, how does NCAA handle head coaches' situations here. Will they have guts to come down hard?"
How clean was Fraschilla? Reasonably sincere, or disingenous statement on his part?

Reaction Score
Just listened to Seth Greenberg excuse the assistant coaches who are involved in this mess. Says they're good people. Also says that in many cases it's their job to do it, AND you need to decide if you want to stick your toe over the line. How far do you want to go? Seemed to excuse it all, which to me showed how pervasive it all is.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking this scandal is worth creating a new forum i.e., the conference realignment forum, and probably sends Fishy's daughter to Stanford or Duke.

Who knew that the sad state of affairs of college athletics would put the Fishy's household in a higher tax bracket.

This has legs for many months, if not years.

A thread for each school involved would be pretty interesting.

Reaction Score
Just listened to Seth Greenberg excuse the assistant coaches who are involved in this mess. Says they're good people. Also says that in many cases it's their job to do it, AND you need to decide if you want to stick your toe over the line. How far do you want to go? Seemed to excuse it all, which to me showed how pervasive it all is.
You mean the assistant who was coordinating the payments? He's a good guy? ...and was just doing his job? So an accomplice to a crime is a good guy and should just be let go? Glad Seth isn't running the FBI. ;)

Reaction Score
I didn't hear Seth's comments but was his argument more that it's the assistants acting on the directions of the head coach and thus while they're liable for their actions but the buck ultimately stops with the HC, or was he making them out to be innocent, know-nothing pawns? The former is a legitimate argument.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Also, the players filled out FAFSA forms for financial aid. I'm sure the money wasn't declared on those either.
Players getting schollies needed to apply for financial aid?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jurich, Pitino out at Louisville

Both pitino and judith are allegedly out

200w_d.gif

Reaction Score
Yes, and this will be where he buck stops so to speak.
Yes indeed. Of all the three letter agencies, this is the one that strikes fear in people's hearts. The FBI couldn't put Al Capone away. The IRS did.

Reaction Score
Players getting schollies needed to apply for financial aid?
I'm pretty sure they don't fill out FAFSAs because athletic scholarships are not considered need-based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom