OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just sayin'...

Ohio State Buckeyes basketball prospects respond to Darius Bazley comments

But basketball recruiting sources have indicated Bazley was persuaded to turn his back on the Buckeyes – likely by the same person or persons who urged him to move to the Twenty Two Vision program. That program is based in Louisville, Ky., and is led by national top-20 recruit Romeo Langford of New Albany, Ind.

Bazley had played with C2K Elite in an Under Armour event last weekend in New York City. Sources indicated that due to some kind of eligibility issue, Bazley did not play for Twenty Two Vision at this weekend’s adidas event in Atlanta. It’s unclear when he will be eligible to play for his new team.

Hmmm...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hopefully this is not a duplicate of an earlier post.

If Adidas paid $150k to a recruit and/or his family how did they show this on their books, not like it's a $90.00 bottle of wine at a business dinner you fluff on an expense account request.

If Adidas did it for one they must have done it for others, I assume the FBI has a forensic accounting team camped in Adidas as we post.
I think I saw somewhere in all the stuff on twitter that they created fake orders or something to hide the money. It's very hard to claim you are innocent when you are caught covering it up. Of course, they will claim these people were acting on their own blah blah blah.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Found this picture on a Kentucky blog.
upload_2017-9-26_21-24-32.png

Reaction Score
The biggest surprise to me is that they went with an addias connection. Under armour has seemed to be the most shady company if the big 3, at least on this board. I am surprised they aren't the ones in the news.
What if the investigation focused on Adidas schools simply because it was warranted by evidence? Nothing rules out the latter possibility for Under Armour schools or some Nike schools, e.g., Kentucky and UNC.

Reaction Score
As if Louisville's not financially rewarding at least their best football players as well!
Not sure why, but rumor has it that Petrino ended practice early today and asked his coaches to join him for take-out dinners to be enjoyed in the coaches offices while having a file organizing "party". Petrino claimed he had mentioned it earlier, but none of the other coaches seemed to recall it. :eek:

Reaction Score
The reason they have the people they have is because that's who the financial advisor that they got to flip had connections with. He was under investigation for other stuff and offered this knowledge in exchange. But now that they have the tip line open, who knows what will develop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The part of this that is very odd to me is with this activity is so widespread, how is it being kept out of the light for so long? What kept some 17 - 18 year old kid from bragging to the wrong person? It seems to me that there must be some pressure coming from some direction that is preventing it from coming out. I understand that there were always insinuations and allegations but federal indictments usually mean are the result of some very heavy duty investigative work. Just how were they able to keep all of this under wraps for so long?

Taxes. The kids have to pay taxes on the money.

Reaction Score
and lost in all this clutter it sounds like Univerity 7 aka Miami, might be going down for a bit too. And after all the embarrassment they caused the NCAA with the bungled investigation and all they could well be screwed pretty hard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom