OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 26 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
upload_2017-9-26_23-23-39.gif

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they don't fill out FAFSAs because athletic scholarships are not considered need-based.
I agree. upstater says they do.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why they were arrested. They violated NCAA rules, but what laws did they break?
When potentially being on an athletic scholarship does not equate to for example, receiving and failing to report cash transfers exceeding $10K. As the IRS monitors cash transfer and deposits and federal statutes require banks and other financial institutions to report cash deposits exceeding $10K, this one example of multiple prospective broken laws could result in potential felony charges. What's the likelihood the coaches, companies, players or family members on their behalf played no role in such illegal transfers? See Secrecy Act 1970, Patriot Act 2001, etc., but again that's just one quick possibility.

Reaction Score
He will never play in an official NCAA game. Watch him sign overseas shortly.
With the potential for federal fraud charges, slinking off to a foreign country might not be too well advised. Of course, the Iranian or North Korean leagues may have some great opportunities. ;)

Reaction Score
Can't see how Petino stays given the past and the facts presented. Whether Jurich also takes a fall is the big question.
Well, you created a Pitino-Petrino hybrid of sorts. However, given the facts past and the facts presented similar charges likely apply to Louisville's gridiron program as much as its' hoops program. Yup, both overseen by the increasingly apparent not so holier than thou Jurich.

Reaction Score
Just listened to Seth Greenberg excuse the assistant coaches who are involved in this mess. Says they're good people. Also says that in many cases it's their job to do it, AND you need to decide if you want to stick your toe over the line. How far do you want to go? Seemed to excuse it all, which to me showed how pervasive it all is.

Seth Greenberg is a terrible terrible college hoops analyst/"expert". I wouldn't form any assumptions based on a single thing he says.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean I could see Cincinnati taking a stab - I just don't see them as a fit. We kind of check all the boxes. Literally all of them.

Reaction Score
For a guy with the power that Pitino has, I am absolutely amazed that he never seems to have any idea of what ANY of his assistants are doing.
Yeah, you'd almost think Pitino might be guilty of failing to monitor his own program, coaches, players, himself, his hookers, his restaurant table top bimbo ... But, alas no. An innocent angel!

Reaction Score
No basketball staff, no AD and the threat of a lengthy ban or death penalty.
... and, an Interim President left with only one option in the face of Pitino's and Jurich's programs' (plural in waiting) latest unethical practices

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yeah, you'd almost think Pitino might be guilty of failing to monitor his own program, coaches, players, himself, his hookers, his restaurant table top bimbo ... But, alas no. An innocent angel!

Not surprising at all given his woeful track record, but today's denials from Tricky Ricky are now at least approaching, if not surpassing Pete Rose heights (or is it more accurately depths?) on the muck-o-meter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
List not complete w/o including his sperm.

Reaction Score
Reasonably sincere. One black mark. He borrowed the sports section of my USA Today in a hotel lobby about 15 years ago and walked away with it.
So, Fraschilla was relatively clean, even somewhat sincere, and he did you a massive favor. Hope you thanked him for the latter @Fishy Thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but what happens to any player who took money to play at one of these schools. I assume their college career is over...right?

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but what happens to any player who took money to play at one of these schools. I assume their college career is over...right?

Yeah, they're all likely to be ineligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom