OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think your jumping the gun here a bit...

Obviously the player who has benefit the most in the playoffs from the playoffs as far as value is Klay Thompson (it's been his coming out party), but to say he is better than Curry is a stretch. Has he been more important and better in certain spots in the playoffs YES, but we cannot forget Curry's overall brilliance throughout his career, he did put up one of the greatest regular season's in NBA history, and we have to remember Klay Thompson offensively is a one dimensional player who just now developing some other offensive traits like being able to create his own shot.

Curry can do everything offensively, everything....

Van Gundy has said the same thing on the broadcast. It's not just me who feels this way.

Sure, Steph is capable of doing all those things offensively. However, he too often falls in love with the jumper. When Thompson is struggling, he gets aggressive and bails them out a ton. Offensively, yes, Curry is as talented as it gets. But being more talented doesn't mean being better, necessarily. Let's be honest, Thompson bailed them out in game 5 of the OKC series and again in game 7. He's played better than Curry this series too. That doesn't make him better but he's more well-rounded than Curry. Anyhow I think the other folks chiming in are having a fit over nothing. Point is, an argument could be made for Thompson. He's certainly more well-rounded.

Reaction Score
Van Gundy has said the same thing on the broadcast. It's not just me who feels this way.

Sure, Steph is capable of doing all those things offensively. However, he too often falls in love with the jumper. When Thompson is struggling, he gets aggressive and bails them out a ton. Offensively, yes, Curry is as talented as it gets. But being more talented doesn't mean being better, necessarily. Let's be honest, Thompson bailed them out in game 5 of the OKC series and again in game 7. He's played better than Curry this series too. That doesn't make him better but he's more well-rounded than Curry. Anyhow I think the other folks chiming in are having a fit over nothing. Point is, an argument could be made for Thompson. He's certainly more well-rounded.

It was Game 6 in OKC that Thompson was the guy, which so far has been the moment of the entire season, we will see what happens moving forward. Game 7, Curry played just as well as Klay Thompson if not better, did Klay hit 3 three pointers in a row in the first half to cut the deficit from 13 to 4 YES, but Curry totally dominated the second half in every way.

Has Klay maybe had a better playoff than Curry, that's a conversation, but for you to tell us Klay is better than Curry it's just too tough to swallow considering the body of work.

I know if I had to start a franchise tomorrow I am starting with Curry over Thompson and it's not even a thought or a conversation, I would hope and imagine you would agree.

I'm just happy fans are starting to comeback to reality about Curry, I had guys on this board a month ago when the playoffs started tell me Curry is better than Kobe ever was and that Curry is better than LeBron right now, I am happy those thoughts and ideas are gone.

The other thing I saw you write was that the Cavs roster is more talented then the Warriors roster??

I don't want to argue or even have a conversation with that statement, that is totally ludacris, please don't argue with me about it, it's just silly, just like I told the guy who made the statement about Kobe. Just leave it, you've had better days on that one.

Reaction Score
It was Game 6 in OKC that Thompson was the guy, which so far has been the moment of the entire season, we will see what happens moving forward. Game 7, Curry played just as well as Klay Thompson if not better, did Klay hit 3 three pointers in a row in the first half to cut the deficit from 13 to 4 YES, but Curry totally dominated the second half in every way.

Has Klay maybe had a better playoff than Curry, that's a conversation, but for you to tell us Klay is better than Curry it's just too tough to swallow considering the body of work.

I know if I had to start a franchise tomorrow I am starting with Curry over Thompson and it's not even a thought or a conversation, I would hope and imagine you would agree.

I'm just happy fans are starting to comeback to reality about Curry, I had guys on this board a month ago when the playoffs started tell me Curry is better than Kobe ever was and that Curry is better than LeBron right now, I am happy those thoughts and ideas are gone.

The other thing I saw you write was that the Cavs roster is more talented then the Warriors roster??

I don't want to argue or even have a conversation with that statement, that is totally ludacris, please don't argue with me about it, it's just silly, just like I told the guy who made the statement about Kobe. Just leave it, you've had better days on that one.
Curry's season was better than any season Kobe ever had. That's what was said here by multiple posters and I doubt anyone is backing down from that statement. I also think Curry is better than Lebron right now.

Reaction Score
Curry's season was better than any season Kobe ever had. That's what was said here by multiple posters and I doubt anyone is backing down from that statement. I also think Curry is better than Lebron right now.
I am not going to go look for the post again.

LeBron is better right now than Curry, I don't understand how or why you would say otherwise unless your a Warrior or big time Curry fan, if you are then fine, not going to argue.

I don't even like LeBron, it's just very obvious to see, very.

I haven't heard one NBA analyst differ, every single one I've heard or listen to they said LeBron is the best player in the league still.

Reaction Score
Tough to argue that Curry is better than LeBron, but he had the better season without question. LeBron's at that point of his career where he's "saving" himself, so he really doesn't go 100% a lot during the year.

With that said, there's a group of people on here that watched and commented about the NBA throughout the season, and a group of simpletons that always shows up during the playoffs. It's no surprise those groups have vastly different opinions. (For instance, Klay and Andre being more important to GS's success than Curry. That's a laugh out loud statement.)

Reaction Score
Tough to argue that Curry is better than LeBron, but he had the better season without question. LeBron's at that point of his career where he's "saving" himself, so he really doesn't go 100% a lot during the year.

With that said, there's a group of people on here that watched and commented about the NBA throughout the season, and a group of simpletons that always shows up during the playoffs. It's no surprise those groups have vastly different opinions. (For instance, Klay and Andre being more important to GS's success than Curry. That's a laugh out loud statement.)
I agree Curry did have a better season than LeBron. And yes Curry is better than his counterparts.

As far as people posting in playoffs, for myself I am new to the site, I didn't know people posted about NBA until I created a thread about Billy Donovan.

Reaction Score
Curry has been better than LeBron for two straight regular seasons. That's a sample of 150+ games.

Over the course of last years postseason, it was about a wash between the two, IMO. LeBron has had the significant edge this postseason, and when the two have matched up in the finals.

I don't think there is any clear cut answer at this point regarding who the superior player is.

Reaction Score
I am not going to go look for the post again.

LeBron is better right now than Curry, I don't understand how or why you would say otherwise unless your a Warrior or big time Curry fan, if you are then fine, not going to argue.

I don't even like LeBron, it's just very obvious to see, very.

I haven't heard one NBA analyst differ, every single one I've heard or listen to they said LeBron is the best player in the league still.
Lebron had an awesome game 4 but I don't let it blind me. Curry clearly had the better season and his offensive game is clearly superior to Lebron's IMO, Lebron's outside game is broken and I don't let one game change my mind on that. Curry hasn't been at his best the past two series but can and did take over games when needed. Lebron is an amazing talent but I'm not as infatuated with him as you and others, his talents have always outweighed his intangibles IMO.

Reaction Score

I don't see why the idea the Cavs are more talented is that crazy. They've had two games in this series where they simply won with being more skilled. They certainly are NOT a better team than Golden State, but they have been competing solely based on talent alone; not scheme, not system not execution. They simply can man up against Golden State and win on talent alone. The skill level of LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Smith, Jefferson, Frye, Thompson, etc. can go up against anyone in this league. The difference, however, is Golden State has every single player that shoots, defends, passes and plays the system perfectly. That's why they're so good. Cleveland isn't a better team, but they're just as good a collection of individual talent.

Anyhow as far as Klay > Curry, it's a thought. Not one that's original. It's been out there by several NBA analysts, especially in this postseason. Is it premature? Maybe. I'm not saying it's definitive. But I absolutely believe it's a conversation worth happening.

It's a message board. Even absent surefire proof of something (like this suggestion), it's worth talking about.

I do think it's amusing, even if someone strongly disagrees with that idea, that a few others (not you) are laughing it off when they are arguing LeBron hasn't had a good series despite leading every statistical category imaginable in this series.

Reaction Score
Lebron had an awesome game 4 but I don't let it blind me. Curry clearly had the better season and his offensive game is clearly superior to Lebron's IMO, Lebron's outside game is broken and I don't let one game change my mind on that. Curry hasn't been at his best the past two series but can and did take over games when needed. Lebron is an amazing talent but I'm not as infatuated with him as you and others, his talents have always outweighed his intangibles IMO.
I just found the post about Kobe...

I posted on NBA discussion thread...

I am not a liar, so stop with saying I am, I think is the second time we've argued about this as far as what was said..

It's clear as day, what he said, didn't say anything about the regular season. Said Curry is better than Kobe ever was, so just stop.

Reaction Score
I don't see why the idea the Cavs are more talented is that crazy. They've had two games in this series where they simply won with being more skilled. They certainly are NOT a better team than Golden State, but they have been competing solely based on talent alone; not scheme, not system not execution. They simply can man up against Golden State and win on talent alone. The skill level of LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Smith, Jefferson, Frye, Thompson, etc. can go up against anyone in this league. The difference, however, is Golden State has every single player that shoots, defends, passes and plays the system perfectly. That's why they're so good. Cleveland isn't a better team, but they're just as good a collection of individual talent.

Anyhow as far as Klay > Curry, it's a thought. Not one that's original. It's been out there by several NBA analysts, especially in this postseason. Is it premature? Maybe. I'm not saying it's definitive. But I absolutely believe it's a conversation worth happening.

It's a message board. Even absent surefire proof of something (like this suggestion), it's worth talking about.

I do think it's amusing, even if someone strongly disagrees with that idea, that a few others (not you) are laughing it off when they are arguing LeBron hasn't had a good series despite leading every statistical category imaginable in this series.
Klay is my second favorite player in the league after Dirk and saying Klay is better than Curry is just dumb.

Reaction Score
I just found the post about Kobe...

I posted on NBA discussion thread...

I am not a liar, so stop with saying I am, I think is the second time we've argued about this as far as what was said..

It's clear as day, what he said, didn't say anything about the regular season. Said Curry is better than Kobe ever was, so just stop.
Yes, Curry this season was better than Kobe ever was.

Reaction Score
Yes, Curry this season was better than Kobe ever was.
Yes what? Yes, you apologize for saying I lied about what was said?

If we can't be real with each other then I will just ignore your posts and you can ignore mine, I love to discuss sports but I don't want to be called out in saying I am making stuff up when I am really not.

Reaction Score
LeBron is a better passer, rebounder, defender, and has a higher bball iq than Curry

Curry is a better shooter and ball handler.

There is no where on earth that Curry is a better basketball player than LeBron. Russell Westbrook is a better basketball player than Curry also

Reaction Score

I don't really want to get into it as far as team talent, here is just a quick reason why, just really the start of it because their is much more....

In today's NBA what do you want? You want players who can shoot and defend multiple positions, who versatile, why? The major reason amongst some others is because today's game is all pick and roll so the more you can switch everything and vice versa offensively the better..

With that being said, 6 foot 5 to 6 foot 9 guys lets see how many the Cavs who can defend multiples and shoot offensively and are versatile;

L. James

Warriors;

Klay Thompson
Livingston
Green
Iguodala
Barnes
Speights (to a lesser extent can't really defend the perimeter)

This list is not even including the MVP of the league, it's part of the reason why OKC is really really good; have a similar roster in regards of this to the Warriors...

It's even more of a reason in why if the Cavs win this series, which I don't think they will, will be extremely surprised, LeBron will have to be amazing!

Warriors are much more talented and better overall basketball team than the Cavs.

That is just the first reason, I don't really want to get into much more...

Reaction Score
I don't watch the NBA as much as many of you but did look in on the playoffs quite a few times. Some of these statements are whacked as to who's better than who, IQ etc etc..:confused:

Reaction Score
I love the tendency of posters to make a reasonable claim and then immediately follow it w/ some scorching take. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Yes what? Yes, you apologize for saying I lied about what was said?

If we can't be real with each other then I will just ignore your posts and you can ignore mine, I love to discuss sports but I don't want to be called out in saying I am making stuff up when I am really not.
What are you talking about? I remember a thread where multiple people said Curry was better this season than Kobe ever was in a season. I never saw anyone say Curry is better for his career and I don't remember anyone calling you a liar. What am I missing here?

Reaction Score
That doesn't make him better but he's more well-rounded than Curry.
What nobody seems to want to say is that Curry hasn't shown any propensity to be clutch. But he's great raining impossible threes when there is no pressure.

Reaction Score
Curry has been pretty poor this finals. Even his good game he was 11/25. Which is significantly below his season shooting percentage.

His regular season's have been better then his post seasons.

Have to keep in mind curry also doesn't guard anyone when comparing him to Kobe or Lebron.

Reaction Score
Curry has been pretty poor this finals. Even his good game he was 11/25. Which is significantly below his season shooting p ercentage.

His regular season's have been better then his post seasons.

Have to keep in mind curry also doesn't guard anyone when comparing him to Kobe or Lebron.
Yeah, he s*cks. I wouldn't take him on my C's even if we got him for nothing.:rolleyes: Could what we're seeing have something to do with him playing injured? Nah! He was just f*ng lucky all season. He really doesn't know how to shoot or play basketball. It's his supporting cast that makes him look good during the regular season. If he was on a bad team, he'd be a middle of the road NBA player. That unanimous MVP selection was the biggest deception that has ever occurred. What a con artist to all those voters.

Please!!!! Come on!!!! Curry has not been the same since he came back from his injuries. Granted he's taking some bad shots, but when he's healthy he makes a damn good number of crazy ass shots.

I would not be shocked if tomorrow he has a monster game that clinches GS the championship on Cleveland's floor. I hope he does and shuts up all the haters. We have a finals that has a pair of basketball's all time greats when it's all said and done, but many just can't help but bash both LeBron and Curry.

Reaction Score
Did I bash curry?

He averaged 30 in the regular season. He's averaging 22 in the finals. He shot 50 percent from the field in the regular season. He's shooting 42 percent in the finals. Less assist and more turnovers as well.

He was clearly their best player in the regular season. Has he been their best player this finals series? I don't think so.

Is it the knee? Who knows could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits