OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NBA got what they wanted with game 7, always loved this league but I understand where the people are coming from when they say it's a little too scripted for them.
Sound a little like ayesha curry there. Curry throwing his mouth guard at dan Gilbert's son was scripted? Gsw had plenty of chances to cut it to 6-8 couldn't stop bron

Reaction Score
What is your thoughts on Game 6?

My thoughts, not much has changed, LeBron is going to have to be incredible to win the next 2 games, otherwise I see Warriors wrapping it up, they are a much better basketball team.
Like I said LeBron would have to be incredible to win...

As Warriors made their run in the 4th, the King only scores 18 straight points...

Finishes it with...

41 points 11 ass 8 REB 4 stl 3 blk 1 TO

What a performance!!

Can he give us one more??

I'll be on the edge of my seat...

Reaction Score
Crazy for me to say, but I don't think Love should see more than 10 minutes in Game 7. You got guys with literally twice as many years in the league (Jefferson) offering more on both sides. GSW smaller lineup is built to exploit players like him.

Reaction Score
Crazy for me to say, but I don't think Love should see more than 10 minutes in Game 7. You got guys with literally twice as many years in the league (Jefferson) offering more on both sides. GSW smaller lineup is built to exploit players like him.
Yes, this is something I already commented on in the beginning of the series, shouldn't be playing much, I understand they don't have enough guys, but their is no reason for him to play 30+ mins...

Reaction Score
Sound a little like ayesha curry there. Curry throwing his mouth guard at dan Gilbert's son was scripted? Gsw had plenty of chances to cut it to 6-8 couldn't stop bron
Not suspending Green when he should have been suspended for teeing off on Adams nuts because they wanted the Warriors to advance, suspending Green for that nonsensical stuff with Lebron because they want the series extended. This is nothing new, Phoenix Suns got screwed out of a finals appearance and Kings got jobbed by the refs against the Lakers. Lebron has been killing it and deserved all the kudos, I just wish the NBA was more on the up and up.

Reaction Score
Like I said LeBron would have to be incredible to win...

As Warriors made their run in the 4th, the King only scores 18 straight points...

Finishes it with...

41 points 11 ass 8 REB 4 stl 3 blk 1 TO

What a performance!!

Can he give us one more??

I'll be on the edge of my seat...

Responding to your own hedged bet prediction huh. Couldn't be wrong with that one. LeBron was incredible so post his stats to prove your point. Yet you stated GS is the MUCH better team and it was over. Better to try and forget those posts than rehash them.

Reaction Score
This a weird series excitement as far as legacies and story lines, but uneventful blowouts.

Reaction Score
Responding to your own hedged bet prediction huh. Couldn't be wrong with that one. LeBron was incredible so post his stats to prove your point. Yet you stated GS is the MUCH better team and it was over. Better to try and forget those posts than rehash them.
Never said it was OVER (guys love to put extra words in my posts), yes Warriors are better, but it is basketball and 1 player can change the outcome of the game more than any other sport, only other sport that is near is the Quarterback position in the NFL.

If James is going to play like one of the greatest ever the Cavs have a shot to win like I stated from day 1 and from the start of the series.

Reaction Score
Losing a lot of respect for Kerr's coaching. How does Mo Buckets get no time? I could understand it if you had some good bigs but when your bigs are Ezeli and Verajao it's inexcusable. Speights is pretty bad on D but he can at least fill it up on offense. Ezeli and Verajao give you nothing and when you always have one of them on the court along with Barnes, you only have three players who contribute. At a minimum Speigrs at least brings Tristan Thompson out of the paint where he has been killing the Warriors.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Love picking up 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds tonight was a blessing in disguise for the Cavs. Jefferson seems like a more natural fit and your comment about 'both sides' is so true... he's WAY better defensively for the Cavs than Love is.

Reaction Score
Yep him and curry seem like entitled brats but lbj is a cry baby so. Guess it evens out. Lol

Reaction Score
Like Lebron hasn't done that several times, he's even done it at the end of series not shaking hands with the other team.
the game was still going on there was time on the clock superjohn, lebron has never done that. its utterly classless. You could hear MJax stunned when they cut to him walking away.

edit : i guess he did do it 2006, i stand corrected

Reaction Score
Just when I thought LeBron was descending to something less than he was in the Miami years, he submits two of his best playoff performances ever to fend off elimination. It's crazy how he has suddenly been lighting it up from the outside after struggling so badly for the large part of the season - if he brings the jumper one more time, you have to at least feel like you have a shot if you're Cleveland.

It's hard to imagine that the Golden State Warriors - a team some pronounced the best team ever - not only lost, but haven't even really been in it in the fourth quarter two straight times in attempt to clinch the title.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Just when I thought LeBron was descending to something less than he was in the Miami years, he submits two of his best playoff performances ever to fend off elimination. It's crazy how he has suddenly been lighting it up from the outside after struggling so badly for the large part of the season - if he brings the jumper one more time, you have to at least feel like you have a shot if you're Cleveland.

It's hard to imagine that the Golden State Warriors - a team some pronounced the best team ever - not only lost, but haven't even really been in it in the fourth quarter two straight times in attempt to clinch the title.
He has ALWAYS had that extra gear, but this year he is showing us who the best player in the league really is, "first unanimous MVP" be da-mned.

Reaction Score
Losing a lot of respect for Kerr's coaching. How does Mo Buckets get no time? I could understand it if you had some good bigs but when your bigs are Ezeli and Verajao it's inexcusable. Speights is pretty bad on D but he can at least fill it up on offense. Ezeli and Verajao give you nothing and when you always have one of them on the court along with Barnes, you only have three players who contribute. At a minimum Speigrs at least brings Tristan Thompson out of the paint where he has been killing the Warriors.

Not trying to be smug, but if you've been paying attention, Thompson has been living outside the paint all series already. The Cavs have been switching screens 1-5 and Thompson has spent more time guarding the perimeter than actually being inside. In fact, the past two games, LeBron has been used more as a rim protector than Thompson has.

Speights hasn't played because last few games he was getting abused on the pick & roll. Yea he can stretch the defense, but right now, Cleveland is already switching everything and having some level of success with it, so Speights doesn't bring anything that the "death" lineup doesn't already do. I will grant you I think he's a better option than Varejao. However, the way he was rocked on switches the other day, I don't blame Kerr for being a bit concerned about putting him out there.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be smug, but if you've been paying attention, Thompson has been living outside the paint all series already. The Cavs have been switching screens 1-5 and Thompson has spent more time guarding the perimeter than actually being inside. In fact, the past two games, LeBron has been used more as a rim protector than Thompson has.

Speights hasn't played because last few games he was getting abused on the pick & roll. Yea he can stretch the defense, but right now, Cleveland is already switching everything and having some level of success with it, so Speights doesn't bring anything that the "death" lineup doesn't already do. I will grant you I think he's a better option than Varejao. However, the way he was rocked on switches the other day, I don't blame Kerr for being a bit concerned about putting him out there.
Speights scored more in 1:30 than Barnes, Ezeli and Varejao did combined for the entire game.

Reaction Score
Speights scored more in 1:30 than Barnes, Ezeli and Varejao did combined for the entire game.

I know. He's definitely a better offensive option than F.E. and A.V., for certain. But how many points is he giving away defensively? I'm guessing a ton. I don't know if he's a net gain.

If Barnes doesn't play better in game 7, it might not matter. They might be in trouble anyhow.

Reaction Score
Lebron now leads both teams in Points, Assists, Rebounds. Blocks and Steals

He also has the best single finals game in at least the last thirty years:
Code:
Player        Date        Finals Single GmSc (since 1984)
LeBron James    6/16/2016    42.5   
Tim Duncan    6/4/2003    40.8   
LeBron James    6/13/2016    39.2   
Michael Jordan    6/16/1993    38.9   
Shaquille O'Neal 6/7/2000    37.9   
Charles Barkley    6/11/1993    37   
Michael Jordan    6/3/1992    36.9   
Charles Barkley    6/16/1993    35.6   
Magic Johnson    6/7/1987    35   
James Worthy    6/21/1988    35

If he has a solid G7 he'll have the greatest finals series since at least 1978:
Code:
Finals GmSc    Player        Year
183.3        Shaquille O'Neal 2000
177.8        Michael Jordan    1993
170.6        Magic Johnson    1988
169.8        Magic Johnson    1987
165.7        Larry Bird    1984
162.4        LeBron James    2016 ***
157.7        LeBron James    2013
155        Michael Jordan    1992
152.3        Dwyane Wade    2006
147        Hakeem Olajuwon    1994

Reaction Score
That elite defender Draymond Green did a number on LeBron James last night lol

Meanwhile LeBron ended up with 4 steals and 3 blocks. He has been unquestionably the best player and best defender in this series and it's not close. That's even with his subpar outings

Reaction Score
Someone or something has woke up the KING.
Maybe calling him a crybaby and subtweeting about him before they had the series won wasn't the smartest move in the world.

Not a LeBron fan at all, but when he has his jumper going he's so much fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom