OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I know the suspension was automatic because they ruled it a flagrant, however this feels like such a money grab. What Green did to Adams was much worse, than what happened with Lebron.

Reaction Score
Never thought the NBA would actually be so transparent. Not a good look.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I know the suspension was automatic because they ruled it a flagrant, however this feels like such a money grab.
TV $ from the series is locked in no matter how many games are played.

And also: I'm a Dubs fan, and Draymond absolutely earned this (just like Dahntay Jones earned his suspension for a d**kpunch). I thought it was ridiculous that he wasn't suspended after kicking Adams, and I'm happy he's suspended now b/c, quite honestly, I think we get so many calls that it's ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I'm happy about this, guy is a really good player but also a very dirty player. Maybe this knocks some sense into him.

polycom

Reaction Score
TV $ from the series is locked in no matter how many games are played.

And also: I'm a Dubs fan, and Draymond absolutely earned this (just like Dahntay Jones earned his suspension for a d**kpunch). I thought it was ridiculous that he wasn't suspended after kicking Adams, and I'm happy he's suspended now b/c, quite honestly, I think we get so many calls that it's ridiculous.

That doesn't make sense to the way that ad dollars work...do you have a source for this?

polycom

Reaction Score

ABC's Ad dollars aren't locked in though. The NBA doesn't care if it goes 4 or 7 because ABC purchases rights to show the game. ABC cares if it goes 4 v 7 because of the additional ad dollars, thats what I was getting at.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can hate on a team but to say that the GSW are punks is nothing short of stupidity
LBJ baits Green and Green takes it - IMHO not only is LBJ a crier ala Kobe but is a little bit of a also - I think DWade rubbed off on him
I'll take Green on my team any day any time - yeah he can clean up his act also
If the NBA felt it had to suspend LBJ for a game in the finals do any of you honestly think they would?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You can hate on a team but to say that the GSW are punks is nothing short of stupidity
LBJ baits Green and Green takes it - IMHO not only is LBJ a crier ala Kobe but is a little bit of a also - I think DWade rubbed off on him
I'll take Green on my team any day any time - yeah he can clean up his act also
If the NBA felt it had to suspend LBJ for a game in the finals do any of you honestly think they would?
If LBJ turned his back and started walking back on D while a shot was still in the air he'd have gotten so much crap. Curry did it and everyone thought it was great. I refuse to get on the bandwagon of the silver spoon brat whose biggest disappoint in life is oh boohoo I didn't go to Duke.

Reaction Score
I don't like LBJ or Green and the NBA product has really gone down hill.

Reaction Score
draymond has usurped the likes of chris paul and dwade as the number one cheap shot artist in the league. You can't swing at some dudes junk when you already did it numerous times in the playoffs already, he shouldn't be surprised.

Reaction Score
I don't like LBJ or Green and the NBA product has really gone down hill.
I have no clue how someone could have this mindset. Everybody is more skilled and everybody is more athletic, coaching schemes are more complex...do people really want more fouling and physical play? thats not basketball, and if you want that you could go watch some atrocious games from the early 00s before steve nash and SSOL.

Reaction Score
I'm happy about this, guy is a really good player but also a very dirty player. Maybe this knocks some sense into him.

Go watch some of the old Pistons/Knicks/Bulls series. Green is not a "very dirty player" compared to those guys.

Reaction Score
I have no clue how someone could have this mindset. Everybody is more skilled and everybody is more athletic, coaching schemes are more complex...do people really want more fouling and physical play? thats not basketball, and if you want that you could go watch some atrocious games from the early 00s before steve nash and SSOL.

LOL

What can I say, I enjoyed the Bad Boys and and the era of Magic, Bird , Jordan and Kareem.

Reaction Score
In the old NBA, a foul was actually a foul, today's NBA, if you blow Lebron a kiss as he goes to the rim it's a foul.

Reaction Score
In the old NBA, a foul was actually a foul, today's NBA, if you blow Lebron a kiss as he goes to the rim it's a foul.
I'm not sure I agree with this actually. The refs were hardly calling any fouls last game. It was bizarre actually because players were beating the snot out of each other with no calls then all the sudden they would call a random reach foul that was questionable at best. I found it very inconsistent.

Reaction Score
Yeah. This is such a non-story. LeBron walked over him on purpose. Took a minor straight arm to the groin. Big whoop. The suspended thing is stupid. Don't confuse "no more NBA money for this finals" with "no motivation to extend the series." You think the Network is loving this? You want motivation? NBA provides a longer series, ABC pays more in future. Can the talking heads on twitter not figure that out?
Most boring NBA playoffs that I can ever recall watching. Just flat out yawn-inducing. Why? It's the nature of the bomb-or-crash game.
3-pt percent.
Game 1 - GSW 333, CLE 333, GSW win.
Game 2 - GSW 455, CLE 217, GSW win.
Game 3 - GSW 273, CLE 480, CLE win.
Game 4 - GSW 472, CLE 240, GSW win.

Game 1 was the weird GSW-bench anomaly. The 3-ball makes for boring basketball in today's game, because when one team is hot, it's a blowout. In 6 of 7 games in the OKC series, the team shooting the higher 3% won.

It's only going to get worse, as more teams go further into the live-by-the-three-die-by-the-three abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom