OT: 2018 Golf | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2018 Golf

Reaction Score
I played 9 while visiting my parents in South Carolina. I was awful. Need to fix my swing. Couldn’t even chip down there in that Bermuda grass.

Thinking of buying a new driver. Probably a 2017 M2.

Anybody play Kirkbrae in Lincoln, RI? Two friends joined late last year. So I hope to get in several guest rounds this year. It’s a nice course.
Demo the Ping G400. I liked the M2 also but hit the Ping G400 a little better.

Reaction Score
Tiger is the favorite to win the Masters right now. Pretty crazy since he hasn't won a tournament in half a decade. I would think Justin Thomas would be the favorite and Bubba right behind him.

Reaction Score
Awesome shot. Just short of his own long drive on the same hole. When he’s on, he’s fun to watch.

Bubba gets a fair amount of hate but I agree, when he's on he is as good as anyone and he's built for the Masters.

Reaction Score
Demo the Ping G400. I liked the M2 also but hit the Ping G400 a little better.
Ask the sales representative about the free shaft upgrades and demo them. It's not so much about the head but the shaft makes a huge difference.

Reaction Score
I just order them online wherever they are cheapest. Rock Bottom Golf baby!

Rock Bottom, 3 Balls Golf, budget golf, Dallas Golf.....so many deals out there. Yet I bought my M2 at Golfers Warehouse a year ago.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Tiger is the favorite to win the Masters right now. Pretty crazy since he hasn't won a tournament in half a decade. I would think Justin Thomas would be the favorite and Bubba right behind him.
He may be the favorite in terms of betting because he draws bets, kind of like Duke or the Patriots do preseason, but anyone who knows anything about the sport would not call him a favorite. I'd love to see him in contention on the weekend, but anyone not betting on Rory or Watson as the favorite is probably shortsighted. There are a handful of others that are definitely better bets than Tiger at this point.

Reaction Score
He may be the favorite in terms of betting because he draws bets, kind of like Duke or the Patriots do preseason, but anyone who knows anything about the sport would not call him a favorite. I'd love to see him in contention on the weekend, but anyone not betting on Rory or Watson as the favorite is probably shortsighted. There are a handful of others that are definitely better bets than Tiger at this point.

I agree on Bubba and maybe JT but Rory needs to show a lot more than that flash of brilliance. Think Justin Rose will be in this until the end too.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I agree on Bubba and maybe JT but Rory needs to show a lot more than that flash of brilliance. Think Justin Rose will be in this until the end too.
I hope it's going to be a really interesting Masters with the old guard of Phil and Tiger and Bubba playing well with the new found youth challenging them. It would be cool to see the old and the new all in play on Sunday - hopefully 6 or more players.

Reaction Score
I hope it's going to be a really interesting Masters with the old guard of Phil and Tiger and Bubba playing well with the new found youth challenging them. It would be cool to see the old and the new all in play on Sunday - hopefully 6 or more players.

Too bad Speith stinks this year so far.

Reaction Score

Agree wholeheartedly, that would be a treat no matter how it ended.

Reaction Score
I just order them online wherever they are cheapest. Rock Bottom Golf baby!
Make your own. I broke down last year and bought used Taylormades, but have all the fixings for a new set I’ll put together when I get some time. Was really hoping to see more distance with the brand name, but still am not sure I do. Back to the drawing board.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

With so many big names getting attention this year, it wouldn’t shock me to see somebody like Jason Day finally win.

Reaction Score
With so many big names getting attention this year, it wouldn’t shock me to see somebody like Jason Day finally win.

Thought he was going to be the next "guy" for sure a couple years ago. Something has gone awry can't seem to put 3-4 solid rounds together anymore. Does appear to be getting close again but not sure if he can do it.

It's such a small window for them to lose it - much of the time it's as simple as putting - suddenly they can't make putts. With Day it's a little of that, some driving the ball in play issues. Never count him out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thought he was going to be the next "guy" for sure a couple years ago. Something has gone awry can't seem to put 3-4 solid rounds together anymore. Does appear to be getting close again but not sure if he can do it.

It's such a small window for them to lose it - much of the time it's as simple as putting - suddenly they can't make putts. With Day it's a little of that, some driving the ball in play issues. Never count him out.

Day had that vertigo and then some issues with his wife's family's health. He seems well grounded and isn't a golf or death kind of personality.

Like most of this generation, it's all about drivers and putting.

Like Rory, DJ, Justin Thomas, Koepka, and Bubba he can hit 330 all day long. When it's in or near fairway all of them can throw darts at any pin on any hole.
So it comes down to that six inches between the ears.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Day had that vertigo and then some issues with his wife's family's health. He seems well grounded and isn't a golf or death kind of personality.

Like most of this generation, it's all about drivers and putting.

Like Rory, DJ, Justin Thomas, Koepka, and Bubba he can hit 330 all day long. When it's in or near fairway all of them can throw darts at any pin on any hole.
So it comes down to that six inches between the ears.

Somehow it comes down to little things. They're all going to miss occasionally. Do they get up and down from the bunker, bogie or hole it in Tom Watson fashion. Do they miss any should make puts, or make any epic rolls?

What may be interesting with such a strong field, is seeing whether anybody chooses to gamble a bit more than normal in the later rounds. Should be a fun Masters.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Too bad Speith stinks this year so far.
Spieth (i before e) showed some signs of life this weekend with one of the best rounds on Sunday with only a disappointing 1 under on Saturday keeping him from contention. He still finished tied for 3rd. Looks like he could be in the mix.

Going further, we need a new thread for the Masters.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just learned about this. Not that it helps me since I live in PA, but for those of you who live out West or in FL, you can get a free round on your birthday.

Wouldn't have mattered if PA was included since there's a brand new inch of snow on the ground this morning.

Reaction Score
Just learned about this. Not that it helps me since I live in PA, but for those of you who live out West or in FL, you can get a free round on your birthday.

Wouldn't have mattered if PA was included since there's a brand new inch of snow on the ground this morning.

Played Saturday in nice weather and have 2-3 inches on the ground up here today, this has been crazy. Obviously will be gone by Wednesday but still, nuts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Played Saturday in nice weather and have 2-3 inches on the ground up here today, this has been crazy. Obviously will be gone by Wednesday but still, nuts.

We have Opening Day in an hour. They got it all out of PNC Park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom