OT: 2018 Golf | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2018 Golf

Reaction Score
Have to think that northeast being snowed in was part of that...

Or those who elected to be snowed in rather than a journey to RI where there was none to play the picturesque Ross built Winnapaug :eek:

Watched the Valspar on the way back up Rt2 at the Diamond in Glastonbury of course.

Reaction Score
Played a bunch over winter break down south. Heading to Scotland for the first time in April. Hope to get a couple of rounds in before I go.

Reaction Score
Played a bunch over winter break down south. Heading to Scotland for the first time in April. Hope to get a couple of rounds in before I go.

Nice have fun over the Atlantic, give us the scouting report please!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My last round was in the American Century Celebrity tourney in Tahoe. I played with Marcus Allen and a couple of others. I was so terrible my buddy who runs Edgewood Tahoe (the host course) told me I couldn't play next year. My only hope is that my 2016 partner, Ray Ramano, will have me back even though I suck.
That's very cool that you got to play in the tourney. It looks like tons of fun. My question is how are you even able to put the tee in the ground when you know you're playing bad and there may be spectators within reasonable hitting distance. I've watched some proams and people are lining the tee box and some 20 handicapper has a driver in his hand. Too risky for me.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I just got new clubs for my entire bag. I went to this place called Club Champion. I will start by saying it is expensive but they really do a great job of finding the right clubs for your game. They carry almost all of the club and shaft manufacturers. They have a machine for testing your putting. They have locations in White Plains and Needham MA. I'm not saying it is for everyone but if you 're really into golf take a look at their website. I don't work for them either:)

Reaction Score
Or those who elected to be snowed in rather than a journey to RI where there was none to play the picturesque Ross built Winnapaug :eek:

Watched the Valspar on the way back up Rt2 at the Diamond in Glastonbury of course.
You’re much more adventurous than me. I’ve played into late November, even early December, but the idea of driving 2 hours to play wet, soggy, snowy courses is a bit much for me. I’ll wait another month. Need a cortisone shot before attempting to play anyway.

Reaction Score
You’re much more adventurous than me. I’ve played into late November, even early December, but the idea of driving 2 hours to play wet, soggy, snowy courses is a bit much for me. I’ll wait another month. Need a cortisone shot before attempting to play anyway.

68 I you not, the ball was rolling out everywhere at Winnapaug and the greens were holding. The greens also rolled out real well and weren’t bumpy.

But I get it, cortisone Lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another good run by Tiger and then the double cross off the tee on 16.

Regardless, Rory was playing behind the roars on Sunday and did what only a few can do.

Announcers were talking all day about Rory getting together with Brad Faxon after missing the cut at Valspar and working on his putting thought process rather than mechanics. Nice lesson. Hope Brad has a new Lexus in his driveway this morning.

A healthy Rory and a healthy Tiger should make for a great Augusta.

Force me to put $20 on Rory or DJ with both being on their A games and I take Rory every time. He has shown on multiple occasions he can lap the field in majors and high level leader boards. He absolutely has another gear when he gets grooving.

Reaction Score
Another good run by Tiger and then the double cross off the tee on 16.

Regardless, Rory was playing behind the roars on Sunday and did what only a few can do.

Announcers were talking all day about Rory getting together with Brad Faxon after missing the cut at Valspar and working on his putting thought process rather than mechanics. Nice lesson. Hope Brad has a new Lexus in his driveway this morning.

A healthy Rory and a healthy Tiger should make for a great Augusta.

Force me to put $20 on Rory or DJ with both being on their A games and I take Rory every time. He has shown on multiple occasions he can lap the field in majors and high level leader boards. He absolutely has another gear when he gets grooving.

Not a fan of Rory's but he does have another level, problem is he's been very inconsistent and I'm not sure this is a one weekend run again.

I envisioned Tiger going left for sure after 2 days in a row cutting it into trouble, just not that far off the beaten path. He was grooving for a while and made the place noisy for sure. He seems to be back and ready to contend but won't win until he can hot more than the stinger in the fairway. His drive is the only downfall thus far everything else looks really good.

Must be fun for the kids to hear the place when he's in contention because the have only read about it until now. Hope for the sake of the game he is contending all week at the Masters, will be special.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I'll take Rory at Augusta. Fastest greens of the year at Bay Hill and he handled them well. I also think JRose is set up well for Augusta. I'm impressed with Tiger and would never rule him out but Rory and Rosie are my 1, 2.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll take Rory at Augusta. Fastest greens of the year at Bay Hill and he handled them well. I also think JRose is set up well for Augusta. I'm impressed with Tiger and would never rule him out but Rory and Rosie are my 1, 2.

I'm in a pool at work and have Rose as one of my four picks.

He's definitely striking the ball long and straight. Still not sure if he can putt the greens at Augusta well enough to win, but I think a top-10 is doable.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I just saw Rosie and Faxon on the putting green. LOL

Reaction Score
If Rory has found something indeed as he said he can be very special. Still think his putting is whacked at times and he needs to hit his driver straight to use max advantage but yesterday was impressive.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for the second double double of the season for us Florida Panhandle golfers.

Earlier this year, Bubba won at Riviera on PGA Tour and Joe Durant won the same weekend on Champions Tour. Bubba's in the semifinals this morning for match play and Joe is only a stroke off the lead in Biloxi.

Both grew up and played high school golf in the panhandle and both stay active with First Tee and other golf ventures today.

Somewhat of an odd occurrence yesterday when Bubba beat Brian Harman. Two lefties from UGA playing against each other.

Reaction Score
I just got new clubs for my entire bag. I went to this place called Club Champion. I will start by saying it is expensive but they really do a great job of finding the right clubs for your game. They carry almost all of the club and shaft manufacturers. They have a machine for testing your putting. They have locations in White Plains and Needham MA. I'm not saying it is for everyone but if you 're really into golf take a look at their website. I don't work for them either:)
Club Champion is great. I got fitted for my Mizunos a few years back.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All University of Georgia final today at the match play.

Kisner was off and got every bad break imaginable. Bubba hit a 340 yard iron off the tee on one hole. Played a bender, caught the slope and let it run.

Reaction Score
All University of Georgia final today at the match play.

Kisner was off and got every bad break imaginable. Bubba hit a 340 yard iron off the tee on one hole. Played a bender, caught the slope and let it run.

Bubba disappeared for a while but has his game back it would seem. Suddenly his odds will get better for Augusta also.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bubba disappeared for a while but has his game back it would seem. Suddenly his odds will get better for Augusta also.

He had something happen to him in 2016-2017 that caused him to lose about 20 lbs. He lost his stamina and strength. Concentration is always a crap shoot. It was one of the reasons DLIII didn't pick him for Ryder Cup.

Sure sounded like Lyme's Disease but I don't think he ever went public. Could've been depression. Who knows.

He also said he had two putters he liked welded in in to a new one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Bubba’s game is built for Augusta National. He’s a definite threat the way he’s playing. Looked good with the boss man holding the trophy today. That course in Austin looked nice.

Reaction Score
Sure sounded like Lyme's Disease but I don't think he ever went public.

Lymes disease is scary. Luckily I had mine treated right away after I noticed the bulls eye bite on my leg. Even though it was caught early, I had to take medication for about three weeks.

Interestingly, I got bitten by a tick while looking for a golf ball. Never again. Getting Lyme's disease is not worth it. Even if its a Pro VI.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lymes disease is scary. Luckily I had mine treated right away after I noticed the bulls eye bite on my leg. Even though it was caught early, I had to take medication for about three weeks.

Interestingly, I got bitten by a tick while looking for a golf ball. Never again. Getting Lyme's disease is not worth it. Even if its a Pro VI.

USA Today article says "mystery illness" caused him to lose 30 lbs. Who knows.

Bubba Watson routs Kevin Kisner to win Match Play in all Georgia Bulldog final

Jimmy Walker has been battling Lyme's Disease and hasn't come anywhere near his 2010-2016 self.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I got Lyme Disease on a golf course as well. Holliston, MA. I'll never play there again. Tee boxes were not cut away enough from the woods. Totally agree on chasing golf balls into deep woods. Like you, mine was caught early, so just the big dose of antibiotics. Talked to my Dr. about it and he said it's a bigger problem in the south, because while we see more of it than they do, every Doctor in the North East knows what to look for, so we catch it early.

Reaction Score
UConn's Hervol Wins FAU Spring Championship
Junior Co-Captain Leads Huskies To 2nd-Place Finish

BOCA RATON, Fla. --- UConn junior co-captain Jimmy Hervol (Hopkinton, Mass.) led wire-to-wire as he won the second tournament of his college career, shooting an impressive 15-under 64-67-70=201 to earn individual medalist honors at the FAU Spring Championship. The tournament concluded Sunday at the Osprey Point Golf Club in Boca Raton, Fla.

UConn's Hervol Wins FAU Spring Championship

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom