OT: 2018 Golf | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: 2018 Golf

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Played Chipanee Tuesday. I was all jacked up after a weekend rototiller rental. Duck hooked everything off the tee due to being unable to straighten out my right arm. Chipped 2 in though. Course was in good shape. Some soggy spots but the greens were quick and firm.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting final day set up for the Players Championship. Simpson with 7 shot lead. Danny Lee next in line chasing. Won't exactly light up the ratings.

Tiger and Spieth going off a few hours earlier. Expect full coverage of that group and massive crowds following them (I know, real insightful take).

Going forward for the rest of the year, this is what I expect of Tiger. A few rounds around par for the tournament with one round where he puts it all together and shows what he can do. Which, actually shows how good these guys are on the tour. All these guys can go low at least once a week. It's combining that one great round with three very good rounds. And Tiger hasn't shown he can do that yet. Which is fine, because fans want to follow Tiger for the glimpse of what he once was.

Good thing for tournament crowds is I read yesterday he is -24 on his weekend rounds. Problem for Tiger has been getting out of the gates and being in contention for the weekend rather than just making the cut.

Reaction Score
Interesting final day set up for the Players Championship. Simpson with 7 shot lead. Danny Lee next in line chasing. Won't exactly light up the ratings.

Tiger and Spieth going off a few hours earlier. Expect full coverage of that group and massive crowds following them (I know, real insightful take).

Going forward for the rest of the year, this is what I expect of Tiger. A few rounds around par for the tournament with one round where he puts it all together and shows what he can do. Which, actually shows how good these guys are on the tour. All these guys can go low at least once a week. It's combining that one great round with three very good rounds. And Tiger hasn't shown he can do that yet. Which is fine, because fans want to follow Tiger for the glimpse of what he once was.

Good thing for tournament crowds is I read yesterday he is -24 on his weekend rounds. Problem for Tiger has been getting out of the gates and being in contention for the weekend rather than just making the cut.
Speith and Tiger are on page 1 of the leaderboard. They’ll tee off maybe 5-6 groups ahead of the leaders.

Reaction Score
Tiger had a chance to go really low and set the place on fire down the stretch. He has to be disappointed and it all started at #14 where he struggles every round. It seemed that bogey took the air out of him but he still did play even after that - the missed opportunity on 16 also hurt. For Jordan to birdie the last 3 there is an amazing finish - they should have some fun out there together trying to get the crowd roaring while hopefully throwing a number up. But I mean once Webb dropped that 90 foot chip he was rolling out of control and has made this a match for 2nd place. He's have to totally crap his white pants today to allow anyone back in this thing. It's actually too bad he is playing so well because it would be a great tourney otherwise.

Reaction Score
Tiger had a chance to go really low and set the place on fire down the stretch. He has to be disappointed and it all started at #14 where he struggles every round. It seemed that bogey took the air out of him but he still did play even after that - the missed opportunity on 16 also hurt. For Jordan to birdie the last 3 there is an amazing finish - they should have some fun out there together trying to get the crowd roaring while hopefully throwing a number up. But I mean once Webb dropped that 90 foot chip he was rolling out of control and has made this a match for 2nd place. He's have to totally crap his white pants today to allow anyone back in this thing. It's actually too bad he is playing so well because it would be a great tourney otherwise.

Yeah it’s over. It was fun early Saturday but Webb didn’t miss a beat yesterday afternoon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s over. It was fun early Saturday but Webb didn’t miss a beat yesterday afternoon.

Seven stoke lead. If Simpson shoots 72, Lee has to shoot 65, DJ has to shoot 63 just to tie. Everyone else is ten or more shots back. It would be a bit different if 6 or 7 players were 7-8 back. In that case there's a pack of players where one could get hot.

If Simpson puts up a +3 for a 75 today, Lee still has to shoot 68 t0 tie and DJ a 66. Everyone else would have to shoot 65 or better.

It's a big, near unsurmountable lead no matter how you crunch the numbers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Someone has gone birdie, birdie, birdie on the front 9. Still 8 back of Simpson.

Koepka has shown you can go real low. A few other 66 and 67 shot today but that score won't catch Simpson.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anyone else think that when Tiger goes to hell it will be the 14th at Sawgrass?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone else think that when Tiger goes to hell it will be the 14th at Sawgrass?

His 2nd shot was easy, just didn't execute it. Announcers said 111 yards from the fairway with a false front. Only thing you can't do is be short with spin. And..................Tiger hit is short with spin. I was impressed with the 354 yard tee shot there.

He won't win today but he's getting closer.

Reaction Score
Someone has gone birdie, birdie, birdie on the front 9. Still 8 back of Simpson.

Koepka has shown you can go real low. A few other 66 and 67 shot today but that score won't catch Simpson.

To no ones surprise it never got that close yesterday. Danny Lee had some chances to make it interesting but his putter let him down and by 3:30 I was watching the Celtics game.

Reaction Score
Now 17? That was a bad, bad shot.

Not even close.

Crazy too because he had that look like he didn't think it was bad off the club. I mean good golf to start out on both weekend rounds and although he seems to be getting closer, he has to be concerned with all of his finishes on rounds which he usually continues to dial in to finish.

Reaction Score
Crazy too because he had that look like he didn't think it was bad off the club. I mean good golf to start out on both weekend rounds and although he seems to be getting closer, he has to be concerned with all of his finishes on rounds which he usually continues to dial in to finish.

I think his slow starts are more concerning... All things considered though he looks pretty good.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel @mauconnfan @Robertelamin Seeing how you're the only three reading this and I didn't want to reply to each post....
It was weird how anti-climactic it ended up being. Going into Sunday you would have thought someone would go low and make it interesting if Webb stalled out or that Webb would just put up a 66 or 67 and surge to a best all time finish. But everyone who started making a surge stalled around the 12th or 14th hole and never got within 4 and Webb did just enough to stay away while finishing 1 over with a double that was boring. Just expected more excitement one way or another.

As for Woods - if his approach on 14 was a yard or maybe two deeper, he's eyeing a birdie to get within three and I think things would have gotten really interesting. That bogey after the monster drive that has given him trouble just took the wind out as it became insurmountable.

Webb put himself in a position where he could just cruise home. I hope it wasn't a fluke weekend but something he can put together consistently. It's fun to see one of the shorter hitters chew up a field.

I think Tiger may be back to 90 or 95% of what he was, which is far better than most of the rest of the field sans 4 or 5 guys. I thought he was done done done, but he may have another 2 or 3 majors in him. It would be good for golf. His weekend was the best golf he's played since his last major by far.

Even Spieth seems much more on point although his putter embarrassed him on Sunday. If he gets comfortable with the flat stick, he'll be in the rest of the conversations around majors.

Rest of the season should be most excellent.

Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel @mauconnfan @Robertelamin Seeing how you're the only three reading this and I didn't want to reply to each post....
It was weird how anti-climactic it ended up being. Going into Sunday you would have thought someone would go low and make it interesting if Webb stalled out or that Webb would just put up a 66 or 67 and surge to a best all time finish. But everyone who started making a surge stalled around the 12th or 14th hole and never got within 4 and Webb did just enough to stay away while finishing 1 over with a double that was boring. Just expected more excitement one way or another.

As for Woods - if his approach on 14 was a yard or maybe two deeper, he's eyeing a birdie to get within three and I think things would have gotten really interesting. That bogey after the monster drive that has given him trouble just took the wind out as it became insurmountable.

Webb put himself in a position where he could just cruise home. I hope it wasn't a fluke weekend but something he can put together consistently. It's fun to see one of the shorter hitters chew up a field.

I think Tiger may be back to 90 or 95% of what he was, which is far better than most of the rest of the field sans 4 or 5 guys. I thought he was done done done, but he may have another 2 or 3 majors in him. It would be good for golf. His weekend was the best golf he's played since his last major by far.

Even Spieth seems much more on point although his putter embarrassed him on Sunday. If he gets comfortable with the flat stick, he'll be in the rest of the conversations around majors.

Rest of the season should be most excellent.

Yes I totally agree that 14, once again, took the wind out but even more so yesterday. Think with a birdie on 14 and the 16th coming up the drama would have been huge. He’s close no doubt just needs to play 4 rounds like the last 2. It would be great for golf no doubt, can see 3 interesting majors left for us to watch for sure.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Playing Simsbury Farms for the first time today. $30 for 18 holes and a cart through Tee-Off.

Used to play Hopmeadow a lot during the summer while in college. Parents were members. Pretty course with some tough holes.

I think Simsbury Farms opened later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom