Nova wins BE claims 32 year drought broken | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nova wins BE claims 32 year drought broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're those the same players that also cost UConn a potential Tourney bid last year? Just askin'

Reaction Score
We got one other thing. The only conference title either program has had since sharing conferences. Of course were only talking hoops here. We can share conference CFB successes if you'd like to head to the football thread.

And that's the one thing threatening UConn with being left behind in here alone with Memphis. ;-)
What in the world are you talking about.

Reaction Score
Well don't look now...but Cincy has been better than UConn 3 years running. And UConn is barely half way up their new mid major conference standings...out of range of even getting a good sniff of Cincy's arse. What "tier" does that make UConn?

Keep telling yourself UConn is elite. This is the only friendly audience you'll find for it.
You were better than us the year we won the Big East and National Championships?

Reaction Score
Well don't look now...but Cincy has been better than UConn 3 years running. And UConn is barely half way up their new mid major conference standings...out of range of even getting a good sniff of Cincy's arse. What "tier" does that make UConn?

Keep telling yourself UConn is elite. This is the only friendly audience you'll find for it.
I guess I missed it when you were better then us in 2011.........

You are a dufus.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
We're those the same players that also cost UConn a potential Tourney bid last year? Just askin'
This is almost too dumb even for Internet message board standards. You're getting nowhere with your "we're better than you" routine, so now you're going to try to make some point about academics and moral standards or something? The guy talking up Bob Huggins?

Reaction Score
We got one other thing. The only conference title either program has had since sharing conferences. Of course were only talking hoops here. We can share conference CFB successes if you'd like to head to the football thread.

And that's the one thing threatening UConn with being left behind in here alone with Memphis. ;-)
Since you joined we have went to 2 final fours and won a big east tournament title and a national championship, but you wanna talk about regular season conference titles?

That is why you are cincy and we are uconn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cincinnati hasn't even been the best program in Cincinnati over the past decade.

No one, but no one, but no one would ever consider Cincinnati a top-flight program. They're in that muddle of programs that are occasionally good.

Oscar Robinson can sit courtside on a unicorn with the pope in his lap and that won't change a thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've become convinced that this rocket is none other than Mick Cronin

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Since you joined we have went to 2 final fours and won a big east tournament title and a national championship, but you wanna talk about regular season conference titles?

That is why you are cincy and we are uconn.
UConn and Cincy have been sharing a conference since 2005, I don't recall Cincy winning any conference championships. Even this year, they might win the regular season in the CUSA 3.0, but are at best tied with UL? I'm not certain because there are few things I care less about than CUSA 3.0.

Reaction Score
Nope.

To summarize both teams in ways you may understand, UConn is Loni Anderson and Cincy is that Bailey chick with the glasses. Nothing wrong with Bailey, but she's no Loni.

Reaction Score
LOL! Three yrs counting this one. A "conference" title year for Cincy. CUSA 3.0. That's your conference now! And UConn is ranked 5th in it.

ELITE!

Reaction Score
LOL! Three yrs counting this one. A "conference" title year for Cincy. CUSA 3.0. That's your conference now! And UConn is ranked 5th in it.

ELITE!

"No, no, no . . . I meant a different three years! And let's ignore the BET championship and national championship you won the year prior, when we haven't won anything since the 1960s!"

Reaction Score
Serious question: what has Cinci won since it joined the old BE? I looked them up on Wikipedia but it said they sucked. No, just kidding. I didn't look them up. But they do suck. Have they won any hardware, pre-season or post, since CUSA days?

Reaction Score
What's cuter, Payday thinking Cincy is a better program than UConn or Fruit U printing "we're #1" t-shirts in February?

Reaction Score

ELITE!
Oh, you're counting this year. It's adorable that you think the regular season determines who is better.

And odd that you think you're better considering we played twice and went 1-1. And in the game we lost Napier played terribly, and Daniels didn't play at all, and Kirkpatrick went crazy from 3. And whatever team draws you in the tournament is going to watch tape of our second game because we put on a defensive clinic against you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about 5 of the last 7 CFB Titles and 5 Top 25 final rankings? Its football that drove you to CUSA 3.0. And unfortunately what will keep you here.

I actually have no probs with playing in this hoops conference. And it's my primary sport. But football is what drives it. And football is what will take Cincy out of it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do you guys really disagree that the bottom of the AAC is horrible?

It's bad, but it's not much worse than the Big East.

The difference is that the American has four dreadful teams whereas the Big East only has three.

The Big East is really, really weak in the middle. There's Nova at the top and then twelve miles of gaping open space to Creighton who has made their reputation on the fact that Nova never comes out of the locker room when they show up.

Then you have a muddle of marginal teams keeping each other afloat. It's like the old NFC Central except instead of black and blue, they're hitting each other with pillows.

Reaction Score
When Cincy leaves you all can really commence the crying. Enjoy us while we're here.

Reaction Score
Nice switch. Go to FB thread then. I'm sure you'll get all kinds of respect there and win over lots of UConn fans with your trolling.

Reaction Score
I hope Cinci can use Oscar Robertson's 1960's success to get some elite recruits to join their program because y'all are going to need some serious help replacing Kilpatrick, Rubles and Jackson. I probably should have only mentioned Kilpatrick because he is your sole offense but they are your next 2 best players. The next few years might look ugly..

Reaction Score
Just answering your question. 3 straight years now Cincy has been better in hoops. In CFB Cincy owns UConn. And that's what pays the bills. As a hoops fan. Not sure how I feel about it. But it is what it is. The best for the whole sports program.

Reaction Score
The last time Cincy won a national championship the civil rights act didn't exist.

Blacks couldn't drink from the same water fountains or eat at the same restaurants.

It appears civil rights and Cincinatti basketball are inversely related.

Reaction Score
We've already got better recruits lined up than UConn. And we simply have to look at the last 3 years to see that even our lower rated recruits are better.

Reaction Score
Payday said:
We've already got better recruits lined up than UConn. And we simply have to look at the last 3 years to see that even our lower rated recruits are better.

We have two players coming in next year that are much more acclaimed than anyone who has sniffed Cinci since Born Ready scared off any program with an academic pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom