Nova wins BE claims 32 year drought broken | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Nova wins BE claims 32 year drought broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tzz...

Except for you insistence on cherry picking UConn successes in an effort to prop up UConn over Cincy...that was a generally reasonable post. It's all cyclic. Both Cincy and UConn have great progams with great histories. Cincys been known as a hoops school for much longer though. Certain events have limited Cincy's more recent results and potential. But while we can appreciate and respect UConn as a competitor, on no level would we ever consider ourselves inferior. In fact, if pressed, we feel quite the opposite.

Reaction Score
The Bearcats conference finishes while in the BE, you may want to hide your eyes:
8th
16th
10th
10th
11th
6th
4th
8th

That is brutal.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
By every historical parameter?...

He left out the word ancient before historical. Slight oversight. If not, he's the full-throated homer, and I'm guessing the throat is either full of the Big O or little Mick.

Reaction Score
I was laughing about this when I heard them say that on ESPN Sportscenter this morning. This is why the Big East name should have just been retired. Using the past conference records, etc. to compare to today's Big East is just plain dumb. The old and new Big East have very little in common.
Probably already suggested, but they should have rename the conference the New Big East to differentiate from the mega basketball conference of the past. But they did fork over some huge coin, so I guess it's in their right to do whatever they want with their conference as laughable as it might seem when comparing current results with prior ones.

Reaction Score
See above. We all know why Cincy finished as they diid in the BE. Their whole program got destroyed and had to rebuild. But we all knew it would rebuild. And then see teams like UConn join the rest of the pack chasing after Cincy.

Reaction Score
You finished the way you did because you were not in CUSA anymore.

Also, is one Sweet 16 considering being back? If so, you were never anywhere.

Reaction Score
By every historical parameter? How about NCAA titles and NCAA tournament appearances? Most conference tournament titles in the time we've been in the league together? More Final Fours in the 64 team era? And this is your first regular season championship while we've been in the league together...UConn has 1 already.

Also, 2-0 all time in the NCAAs against Cincy.

See? Every post you all cherry pick! To demonstrate superiority you're forced to limit your debate to arbitrary parameters. A Definite sign of an inferiority complex.

Reaction Score
UConn has only 1 more title. Most every thing else? Advantage Cincy!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wasn't this thread about Villanova?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Nah. Basically what I expected. It's all fun for me. Helps with the rivalry too.

What rivalry? I don't get excited to play Cincy. Yeah, you're good this year, but I looked more forward to the Memphis and Louisville games this year.

We are only rivals by forced situation. We don't consider you a rival. Unfortunately our actual rivals have moved on.

Probably part of why we hate this conference so much.

Reaction Score
Just checking some stats online and I was surprised how far ahead UCONN is since 1990, especially considering the posturing here by some Cincy friends:

UCONN: 4 sweet 16's, 5 Elite eight's, 1 national semifinal and 3 national titles
Cincy: 2 sweet 16's, 1 elite eight and 1 national semi.

Even if you go back to the '80's, neither school had an NCAA tourney appearance. So, that's a wash.

All time NCAA tourney:
UCONN: 31 appearances, 52-29
Cincy: 27 appearances, 43-26

Reaction Score
So it doesn't matter when they did it. It's if they did it.
San Francisco has won as many NCAA championships as Cincy. Their last one was in 1956, Cincy's in 1962. Would you therefore say San Francisco is as successful a team as Florida, which also has two titles? Or that they're more successful than Georgetown and Villanova, which only have one each? Oh, and Wyoming and Holy Cross each have a title in the 1940s. Are they as successful as Georgetown and Nova? What about CCNY, who won in 1950 and doesn't even play Division I sports anymore?

Reaction Score
Just checking some stats online and I was surprised how far ahead UCONN is since 1990, especially considering the posturing here by some Cincy friends:

UCONN: 4 sweet 16's, 5 Elite eight's, 1 national semifinal and 3 national titles
Cincy: 2 sweet 16's, 1 elite eight and 1 national semi.

Even if you go back to the '80's, neither school had an NCAA tourney appearance. So, that's a wash.

All time NCAA tourney:
UCONN: 31 appearances, 52-29
Cincy: 27 appearances, 43-26

But in all reality based on the finished product each year you can change the Sweet 16's to 13 and Elite 8's to 9 right as well as 4 national semi's? Okay I get it can't have your cake and eat it too…..it just looked so sweet!

Oh yeah alex and do you know Chuck with the Rollie Fingers mustache (no last names here) at your place of employment……..Or Dave R in purchasing? Was in there last week…….

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And nothing cliche about it. It's all fact. By nearly every historical parameter, Cincy comes out one top. And more recently, Cincy's a lock for their 4th straight NCAA bid. What's this make? One in a row for UConn?

And there's not a person in America who wouldn't trade UConn's last 4 years for Cincy's (and we didn't even have a post season last year!). That national title in 2011 is worth more than the sum total of Cincy's last 20 years. That's not even an exaggeration.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tzz...

Except for you insistence on cherry picking UConn successes in an effort to prop up UConn over Cincy...that was a generally reasonable post. It's all cyclic. Both Cincy and UConn have great progams with great histories. Cincys been known as a hoops school for much longer though. Certain events have limited Cincy's more recent results and potential. But while we can appreciate and respect UConn as a competitor, on no level would we ever consider ourselves inferior. In fact, if pressed, we feel quite the opposite.

And the rest of the country would consider different. Nowadays, the programs are: Duke, UNC, Kansas, UConn, UK, etc. Cincy? Not so much.

If you had to trade UConn's historical success with Cincy's, you'd take UConn's in a second. Because they are more relevant in the modern day NCAA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
See? Every post you all cherry pick! To demonstrate superiority you're forced to limit your debate to arbitrary parameters. A Definite sign of an inferiority complex.
Titles: UConn - 3, Cincy - 2
Final Fours: Cincy - 6, UConn - 4
Elite 8s: UConn - 10, Cincy - 8
S16s: UConn - 16, Cincy - 13
Tourney Appearances: UConn - 31, Cincy - 27
Tourney Wins: UConn - 52, Cincy - 43
Regular Season Titles: UConn - 28, Cincy - 26
Conference Tournament Titles: Cincy - 10, UConn - 7

So...what did I cherry pick. Not counting most Oscar Robertsons? UConn wins on every category, except Final Fours (which you only have 1 since the civil rights movement), and conference tournament titles (and your league had conference tournaments longer, and it was a mid-major, so it was easier.

Cincy has a great history, but don't come here with nonsense.

Reaction Score
And nothing cliche about it. It's all fact. By nearly every historical parameter, Cincy comes out one top. And more recently, Cincy's a lock for their 4th straight NCAA bid. What's this make? One in a row for UConn?
Actually none of it's fact, but you keep trying lil buddy. I'm sure you're doing the best you can. It's admirable.

Reaction Score

Do you expect the same results from the last 4 years or will the angry little carrot win something this time?

Reaction Score
Make that 28 -27 in conference titles. Timee to line up now UConn! With all the rest of the conference. Behind Cincy....

Reaction Score
Make that 28 -27 in conference titles. Timee to line up now UConn! With all the rest of the conference. Behind Cincy....
Hahahaha. Indeed. But, you're still behind. So, you really didn't address the list, because you were so thoroughly wrong. But that's okay.

Reaction Score
When you say cherry picking, do you mean using a 3 year window to claim superiority over UConn?

Reaction Score
How about these fun facts?

Consecutive Final Fours...UC 5. Conn 1
Consecutive Finals............UC 3. Conn 1
Consecutive Titles ............ UC 2. Conn 1
Weeks in AP Poll................UC 386, Conn 333
Weeks ranked #1................UC 45, Conn 29
Unanimous NPOYs ...................UC 4, Conn none
#1 draft picks.....................UC 2. Conn none
First Team AAs..................UC 8. Conn 5

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about these fun facts?

Consecutive Final Fours...UC 5. Conn 1
Consecutive Finals..UC 3. Conn 1
Consecutive Titles .. UC 2. Conn 1
Weeks in AP Poll......UC 386, Conn 333
Weeks ranked #1......UC 45, Conn 29
Unanimous NPOYs ....UC 4, Conn none
#1 draft picks......UC 2. Conn none
First Team AAs...UC 8. Conn 5
I'll be so depressed if we don't accomplish anything for the next 50 years and have to resort to brags like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom