NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 21 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Unfortunate. She seemed to be having a bounceback season was finally healthy and in noticeable better condition. She was originally a USC? commit so perhaps she heads home to Cali.

Reaction Score
that didn't take very long.....

Assuming she does get the HC position, I wonder if shes ready to go back into the P5. Despite the success she's had at Buffalo, remember that it didnt work out for her at Indiana. We shall see though what happens.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Assuming she does get the HC position, I wonder if shes ready to go back into the P5. Despite the success she's had at Buffalo, remember that it didnt work out for her at Indiana. We shall see though what happens.
One of the issues with Coach Jack is her religious bent. Nothing wrong with being religious - Vivian Stringer is and back when the team was doing well I remember that the team attended church with her every Sunday, and I was at team meals where grace was said by different players each time. But in schools that are not religiously based - such as Rutgers or Penn State (or Kansas State) there is a line. I'm not sure where it is, but you certainly cannot require players to attend specific worship or require specific religious practice. It was (I think) part of the issue at Indiana for Coach Jack; it was Deb Patterson's downfall (or part of it) at K State, it was an issue with the late Rene Portland at Penn State. Just something to be concerned with.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Unfortunate. She seemed to be having a bounceback season was finally healthy and in noticeable better condition. She was originally a USC? commit so perhaps she heads home to Cali.
During one of UT's games it was said that at the end of her freshman season, when she played very sparingly, she went into Aston's office with the intention of seeking a transfer but was essentially talked out of it. She did have a better year, obviously, but clearly the re-recruitment didn't stick.

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Wonder if she would try to grad transfer if she gets the injury waiver. You add her to any of the elite teams and it would make them a lot better.

possible but I would be surprised if she left USF for her final year

Reaction Score
possible but I would be surprised if she left USF for her final year
I really couldn’t see her leaving either, but I’ve thought that about a few players and then they pull the trigger. Still would be surprised if she did.

Reaction Score
I really couldn’t see her leaving either, but I’ve thought that about a few players and then they pull the trigger. Still would be surprised if she did.

add the relationship between Jose and Geno to the equation..............on one hand Jose could push her out the door to UConn to give her a chance for an NC, on the other if she registered as a transfer perhaps it's unlikely Geno would recruit her out of respect for Jose.......

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Cooper's pro career would be best served by her having a big year at SCar and raising her draft stock anyway.

And another year under Staley's tutelage should be good for her long-term as well.

Reaction Score
Cooper's pro career would be best served by her having a big year at SCar and raising her draft stock anyway.

And another year under Staley's tutelage should be good for her long-term as well.

She had her moments this year, but was very inconsistent.

Her efficiency numbers really aren't good, but at the same time some of her better games were against top competition.

She needs to get better if she's going to be central to a Final Four type season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
What is it with the coaching staffs of ACC also-rans lately:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So it's okay for Turner to use her 5 years, but not Tiana?

She can do whatever she wants. I just want to make fun of her for being really old for the college game.

Turner is 22 (turns 23 on July 5)
Mangakahia is 23 (turns 24 on April 21)

So Tiana is a little more than 14 months older and she still has another year left in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom