NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 23 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Did something else bad happen other than the Jayda injury?

Down two assistant coaches.... and the presumed best candidate to be the next Duke WCBB coach got hired by our blood rival down the street. Its enough to make me go buy a few bottles of cider :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How can you tell the difference? :p

mourning.gif

One of the best sports related gifs ever made

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Kangaroos are leaving the WAC.... hopping back to the Summitt League in 2021 :rolleyes:

UMKC accepts invitation to return to Summit League

Definitely makes more sense from a travel perspective. Poor WAC though :oops: They are also losing Cal State-Bakersville after this coming year.

In other Roos news.... they unveiled a new logo recently

UMKC mascot logo.jpg

:confused::confused::eek::eek: They need to drug test this big bastid.... looks like he might be on some performance enhancing stuff :eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Poor WAC though :oops: They are also losing Cal State-Bakersville after this coming year.

The WAC should just be put out of its misery. Or maybe some of the Alaska schools can move to D1 and join. Maybe there's a school in Greenland looking for a conference. The travel is already so ludicrous, visiting other continents wouldn't be much worse.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington announces non-conference schedule. Fairly meh.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Worse than meh.

Iowa is the only team that was anywhere close to the top *100* this past year. But they might not even be an NCAA tournament team next year.

Vanderbilt will be improved, but still nothing great. After that, only Tulane and Hawai'i were in the top 200 of Massey. Yikes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They needed to come to Durham this fall ..... we owe them an arse whipping. Meaning come to Durham to face Duke... not NCCU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Worse than meh.

Iowa is the only team that was anywhere close to the top *100* this past year. But they might not even be an NCAA tournament team next year.

Vanderbilt will be improved, but still nothing great. After that, only Tulane and Hawai'i were in the top 200 of Massey. Yikes.

:oops: Yeah I was trying to be polite. This looks like a schedule for a team that is trying to win some games, not trying to put together a resume for post season play. Last year's schedule was much better w/ Mississippi St. head and shoulders better than anybody this year, a few name schools like Duke, Ohio St. and Michigan, and what turned out to be a good Boise St. team.

edited--don't worry, I wasn't getting delusions of grandeur about the Huskies being an NCAA Tourney team. Maybe if they can finish over .500 they'll get invited to one of the third rate post season tourneys.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They needed to come to Durham this fall ..... we owe them an arse whipping. Meaning come to Durham to face Duke... not NCCU.

The game last year was neutral site during a tourney in Florida wasn't it? Wouldn't mind a home and home though. Wouldn't mind seeing a series with anyone decent.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The WAC should just be put out of its misery. Or maybe some of the Alaska schools can move to D1 and join. Maybe there's a school in Greenland looking for a conference. The travel is already so ludicrous, visiting other continents wouldn't be much worse.

I do feel bad for them...... the WAC of my youth is gone forever :(

Reaction Score
New freshmen players arriving on campus at Oregon State for orientation, classes, etc. Head Coach Rueck, standing on his toes, is dwarfed by Taylor Jones (left, height 6'3", wingspan 7'2") and Kennedy Brown (right, 6'6").....and these 2 gals are only the the 4th and 5th tallest players on the team! (not shown are 6'7" sophomore Patricia Morris, 6'9" redshirt freshman Andrea Aquino, 6'9" freshman Jelena Mitrovic, and 6'3" junior Taya Corosdale).

Reaction Score
That's hilarious @newfrontier ! What is Rueck officially, 5'3" or so?

From Oregonlive.com: "Proudly, he says 5 foot, 4 1/2 inches, "with shoes"!!!

Compare that to Kelly Graves at Oregon who is listed as 6'6", and Oregon State men's basketball head coach Wayne Tinkle who is 6'10" .

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Thanks, I'm not quite sure if I buy the 5-4 1/2 :rolleyes:. Didn't realize either Graves or Tinkle were that tall. I'm on the shorter side myself. I'm certain I was measured at 5-7 for a sports physical when I was in high school, but the effects of gravity seem to have increased at some point later in life. I still say 5-7ish. Once many moons ago I was at function at UW standing right next to Spencer Hawes. The top of my head was probably well below his shoulders. My roommate at the time couldn't stop laughing.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks, I'm not quite sure if I buy the 5-4 1/2 :rolleyes:. Didn't realize either Graves or Tinkle were that tall. I'm on the shorter side myself. I'm certain I was measured at 5-7 for a sports physical when I was in high school, but the effects of gravity seem to have increased at some point later in life. I still say 5-7ish. Once many moons ago I was at function at UW standing right next to Spencer Hawes. The top of my head was probably well below his shoulders. My roommate at the time couldn't stop laughing.
1 - yeah, I'm apparently shrinking, as well, and I am "only" 62. Was just measured at a Dr's appointment and I am down an inch.
2 - years ago my wife, who is 5 foot, presented a fan club award to Tammy Sutton Brown (former Rutgers and WNBA center) at an event, and the hug was, um, silly looking.
3- short in coaches isn't odd - Vivian isn't tall, our friend (who was Viv's college friend) always joked that Vivian liked her because she was the only person shorter than her. Tara is quite short, as well. Back when Rutgers was in the oBE, Phyllis Mangina, a long time coach of Seton Hall was another shorty.

Reaction Score

I hate this. She was a lot of fun to watch.

Last minute of that highlight film was DT-esque (except the fact that they loss), but she was tremendous in that tournament.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Congrats to Kara. Any organization would be lucky to have her.

So when things turn south for Kellie Harper in Knoxville, the Vol fans will really be hollering for Lawson! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom