Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LSU announces its non conference basketball schedule

uKrxEr7.jpg

Reaction Score

uKrxEr7.jpg
Well, 2 of these teams are in ESPN's "Way Too Early" Top 25 (Florida State, Michigan State), plus 6 SEC teams are on the list (Texas A&M, Miss State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not a bad schedule. I give her credit for scheduling a true road game at FGCU, which a log of p5 coaches wouldn't be wiling to do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting, have they not agreed to a date yet?

Well at least one set of Blue Devils are playing at FGCU on Dec 17 :rolleyes:

This is from last year

@FGCU_WBB To Meet Duke In Home And Home Series

From the article..

The series, which represents the first-ever meeting between the two teams, will begin with a Sunday, Dec. 30 matchup in Durham, N.C. at Cameron Indoor Stadium. It concludes in the 2019-20 season when Duke will make the trip to Alico Arena at a date yet to be determined.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not from last year. FGCU did not play Notre Dame or South Florida last year. I think FGCU just posted a partial schedule for 19-20.

I was
scratch.gif
at your reply.... then i looked again and figured it out. I went back and corrected my reply...... which makes more sense.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was View attachment 44328 at your reply.... then i looked again and figured it out. I went back and corrected my reply. which makes more sense.
I thought maybe I misunderstood your comment. In any event, I think FGCU posted only a partial OOC schedule, for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
How good is Rutgers supposed to be next year?
Depends on what part of the year you’re talking. Alexis Morris becomes eligible in the second semester. I like Maori Davenport a lot, not sure how much of an adjustment period she’ll need. They also have Zippy Broughton who was a top-25 recruit in 2018. May take some time to mesh though.

Early, and without Morris, an LSU win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lovely bit of nepotism here

I had heard Blair on the SEC Network numerous times and she is as smart as they come and the way she transformed her game and the toughness she showed, she will be a good addition to the MSU staff. Too good. :mad:

Reaction Score
Depends on what part of the year you’re talking. Alexis Morris becomes eligible in the second semester. I like Maori Davenport a lot, not sure how much of an adjustment period she’ll need. They also have Zippy Broughton who was a top-25 recruit in 2018. May take some time to mesh though.

Early, and without Morris, an LSU win.

Thanks

Rutgers style of play is never a good match up for LSU with how their defense plays. Should be a ugly low scoring game that LSU should pull away from late. I hope so at least. Unless Nikki makes a deep NCAAT run, pretty confident this will be her last year. Just making the NCAAT isn’t good enough anymore.

Those incoming freshmen better be ready because they will need to contribute for us to make a run. We need more shooters. Post play should be really good for us.

Reaction Score
Posted at "Benny's House" that Oregon State's Kat Tudor is in process of making an appeal to NCAA for another year of eligibility after playing only 13 games last season (after going down with ACL Injury)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks

Rutgers style of play is never a good match up for LSU with how their defense plays. Should be a ugly low scoring game that LSU should pull away from late. I hope so at least. Unless Nikki makes a deep NCAAT run, pretty confident this will be her last year. Just making the NCAAT isn’t good enough anymore.

Those incoming freshmen better be ready because they will need to contribute for us to make a run. We need more shooters. Post play should be really good for us.
Playing at home and in November, LSU should be the favorite. Rutgers won't yet have Alexis Morris, and they'll likely be struggling to incorporate lots of new pieces. Guirantes is their only really solid returning contributor. They'll need a lot from Davenport to be a good team.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Playing at home and in November, LSU should be the favorite. Rutgers won't yet have Alexis Morris, and they'll likely be struggling to incorporate lots of new pieces. Guirantes is their only really solid returning contributor. They'll need a lot from Davenport to be a good team.
Unless LSU is really looking up, I'd be more inclined to consider it a toss-up.

I admit I am not sure how RU is going to be, but I expect them to make the NCAA's. Actually, anything less than that is at this point an intolerable failure. Unfortunate, but true.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Unless LSU is really looking up, I'd be more inclined to consider it a toss-up.

I admit I am not sure how RU is going to be, but I expect them to make the NCAA's. Actually, anything less than that is at this point an intolerable failure. Unfortunate, but true.
LSU was a bubble team last year and gets everyone back except #4 scorer Shanice Norton (7.0 ppg). Ayana Mitchell was first team all-SEC and averaged a double-double last year (13.5 ppg, 10.5 rpg). I also think Khayla Pointer (12.5 ppg, 4.5 apg) has all-SEC potential. LSU absolutely should be an NCAA tournament team this year, and possibly even top 25.

Rutgers loses 4 of their top 5 scorers from last year, including their entire frontcourt of Carey, Jenkins and Harris. Davenport will be relied upon heavily to anchor the interior from Day 1. Alexis Morris could have transformative potential for this team, but she won't be eligible until January. Rutgers could be an NCAA tournament team, but that will likely be on the strength of how they finish the season, not how they start.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
While Guirantes will carry most of the load early, we're not entirely bare either. Tekia Mack had some really strong games in the last 10 games of the season, as well as Broughton. I expect them to have improved a lot heading into the season. I think Noga Peleg Pelc will be much improved. I really like her game and toughness a lot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thought of you when I saw the announcement that Duke is coming in November. How does Duke look for the next two years? (maybe this should be on a different thread)

Moved it over here :cool:

For the 2019-20........ with a (hopefully)healthy Lambert I think we can be a top 25 team and a NCAA tourney participant. For good or for the bad... our starting lineup returns intact. I dont even want to think about 2020-21 yet :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom