NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 28 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Aha! Now I'm more clear on these transfer waiver decisions - it's GOD who decides. This revelation sheds some light on Notre Dame's preferential treatment.

It's good to see that someone has recognized divine intervention! :rolleyes:
(IOn the other hand, I felt abandoned when the big guy/gal didn't help find us a transfer post/forward this summer...;))

Reaction Score
It's good to see that someone has recognized divine intervention! :rolleyes:
(IOn the other hand, I felt abandoned when the big guy/gal didn't help find us a transfer post/forward this summer...;))
Ask Touchdown Jesus and ye shall receive

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A little ot but WWE Monday Night Raw was on campus and at the Hall Of Fame.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Oregon State's 6'9" redshirt freshman Andrea Aquino will miss a second year in a row due to an ongoing undisclosed heart condition. Fortunately/hopefully, these new freshmen teammate bigs (6'5" Taylor Jones, 6'6" Kennedy Brown, and 6'9" Jelena Mitrovic) should be good to go by the start of the season! Fall classes just started for them at OSU!

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Oregon State's 6'9" redshirt freshman Andrea Aquino will miss a second year in a row due to an ongoing undisclosed heart condition. Fortunately/hopefully, these new freshmen teammate bigs (6'5" Taylor Jones, 6'6" Kennedy Brown, and 6'9" Jelena Mitrovic) should be good to go by the start of the season! Fall classes just started for them at OSU!

I thought Kennedy Chose OSU to be a SF and not be used as a big?

Reaction Score
I thought Kennedy Chose OSU to be a SF and not be used as a big?
Whether Brown can/will play some at the 3 position remains to be seen. Practice starts Tuesday. No doubt she will play some at the 4 (PF). I'm pretty sure Jones will play some at PF and some at the 5 (Post). Mitrovic and 6'7" sophomore Morris will certainly get some time at Post.

Reaction Score
Whether Brown can/will play some at the 3 position remains to be seen. Practice starts Tuesday. No doubt she will play some at the 4 (PF). I'm pretty sure Jones will play some at PF and some at the 5 (Post). Mitrovic and 6'7" sophomore Morris will certainly get some time at Post.

Well I just remember reading that was why she chose OSU, was the ability to not have to play back to basket as a post.

Reaction Score
Well I just remember reading that was why she chose OSU, was the ability to not have to play back to basket as a post.
To play in Coach Rueck's system, the more positions you can play, the more time you are on the floor. See Mikayla Pivec (has played 1/2/3/4/5). Rarely comes off the court because of her versatility and her bball IQ.

Reaction Score
Anybody aware of the status of Promise Taylor? I never see her in any of the workout videos online nor do I see any comments on her injury status. I believe the injury is associated with her foot but have never heard any comment from Vic other than it is a foot problem. I thought Promise would compete, indeed would be the leading candidate, for starting center, however now I wonder if she will even play much next year.

Reaction Score
Anybody aware of the status of Promise Taylor? I never see her in any of the workout videos online nor do I see any comments on her injury status. I believe the injury is associated with her foot but have never heard any comment from Vic other than it is a foot problem. I thought Promise would compete, indeed would be the leading candidate, for starting center, however now I wonder if she will even play much next year.
The silence is concerning. C Bibby has been prominent on several videos with the team doing running drills and has been on a video showing her doing squats. The video evens jokes that she is doing fine and ready to play. Promise has been on a couple of videos showing her bench pressing. From the numbers she is either the strongest or evidently one of the strongest on the team. However I don’t remember seeing her on any of the running videos. I’ve seen constracting posts from fans. One said the foot injury was lingering to the point her career might be in doubt. Another poster said the boot was off and she was practicing. The last Coach Schaefer spoke about it was immediately prior to Italy where he said she was getting out of the boot and starting conditioning work.

Reaction Score
When watching MSU this summer, I really like Morris a lot and think she will do just fine with reps and experience. Would have been much nice though if Promise is healthy. I have not heard good things about her situation on MSU's end. Issues staying healthy.

Reaction Score
When watching MSU this summer, I really like Morris a lot and think she will do just fine with reps and experience. Would have been much nice though if Promise is healthy. I have not heard good things about her situation on MSU's end. Issues staying healthy.
Y Morris has been a pleasant surprise. By the end of the Italy trip she was pushing J Carter for playing time. I still hope things clear with P Taylor though.

Reaction Score
pleasant

Morris has a beautiful little hook shot near the rim. If she can be a presence in the post rebounding and blocking, I think MSU will be very pleased. Again I like what I saw from her during that trip. She actually looked much better the more she got out there. She was used more vs the better teams with success.

Reaction Score
I saw video of Kennedy Brown shooting a number of three-pointers for OSU during the team's recent four-game trip in Italy. In Italy, OSU was utilizing Brown at the high post, on the perimeter, and on the block posting with her back to the basket at different times in the video that I saw. Brown passes well, increasing the chances that she will be utilized outside of the paint at the high post and beyond to try to draw opposing posts outside the paint to guard her.

Brown's fellow OSU frosh Taylor Jones started the final game for the Beavers in Italy as the 5. Based upon what I have seen on video as well as what I have heard from OSU insiders, Jones may be ready to start for the Beavers at the 5 in November. If the Beavs opt to start only two guards (Slocum and Pivec), then Brown (6'6"), Jones (6'4"), and junior Taya Corosdale (6'3") would give the Beavers a long and mobile front line with 6'7" sophomore Patricia Morris and 6'9" frosh Jelena Mitrovic ready to spell the starters in the paint. If the Beavers opt to start three guards by inserting Aleah Goodman (last season's PAC-12 Sixth Person of the Year) as a regular starter, then Corosdale and Jones are likely the early candidates to start as OSU's two bigs.

Defensively, it will be difficult for Brown at 6'6" to guard opposing small forwards in the PAC-12. She won't be asked to do that, but she will have the opportunity to draw opposing bigs out to the three-point line if she can demonstrate the ability to knock down threes consistently. Brown has good shooting form out to the three-point line, but she will have to convert threes with some degree of consistency (35%+) to allow her to hang out offensively on the perimeter. Brown has a very interesting skill set for a 6'6" freshman that will provide multiple options for Scott Rueck to work into the offense.

Reaction Score
The silence is concerning. C Bibby has been prominent on several videos with the team doing running drills and has been on a video showing her doing squats. The video evens jokes that she is doing fine and ready to play. Promise has been on a couple of videos showing her bench pressing. From the numbers she is either the strongest or evidently one of the strongest on the team. However I don’t remember seeing her on any of the running videos. I’ve seen constracting posts from fans. One said the foot injury was lingering to the point her career might be in doubt. Another poster said the boot was off and she was practicing. The last Coach Schaefer spoke about it was immediately prior to Italy where he said she was getting out of the boot and starting conditioning work.
Just saw on MSST Facebook page a write up about MSST first practice for the coming season. The article did not mention Promise Taylor’s injury, just stated she was able to play, hopefully she was practicing with the team. I have my fingers crossed wishing that is the case. Can anyone confirm she was practicing with the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom