Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 123 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Ha, I almost wrote a message to @Dillon77 yesterday saying that I was going to steal Skins' gimmick and make a crystal ball prediction of Marshall to ND. Then, the man himself went and did it.

ND is recruiting her hard and she seems to be pretty responsive to what ND is selling. Not sure if she is one of those kids with whom playing time is a major factor, but ND's frontcourt is a lot less crowded than Stanford's going forward.

Reaction Score
Stanford’s is going to be very crowded. Tara likes positionless basketball and players who can play multiple positions. Maya Dodson, Alanna Smith, and Haley Jones are a few examples. I’m interested to see where Dalayah Daniels ends up. I think she would do quite well at UConn. Her recruitment has been fairly quiet. She is another very athletic 4 player. She moves really well for 6’4”.

Reaction Score
Doesn't take a genius to predict that. Either Notre Dame or Stanford for sure. All others are mere hopefuls.

I wonder why UConn seemingly isn't getting much traction with Ms. Marshall..................which top ten team has more available playing time then UConn?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
She's good but I think Andrews is faster and more explosive. Have a feeling Andrews will wind up at Baylor unless Auriemma can pull off an improbable double up with Gusters. But with Bueckers, Fudd and Hailey Van Lith in the mix I don't know how many guards he wants.

no I want Kelly at ND or Oregon..................makes the odds for the others slightly better for UConn, that said, Geno better offer more then just PB and Hailey Van Lith..................the odds of even one of them choosing UConn are not fantastic with so many strong schools and geographic concerns in the mix

Reaction Score
There may be more teams technically in the mix, but it looks like ND and Oregon are the top contenders for Kelly. ND was already at her high school last week.

The game of musical chairs between top guard prospects will be interesting with Hailey Van Lith, Bueckers, Clark, Kelly, etc.

I'll be thrilled if she ends up at ND or Oregon.............how many guards would you have then?..................I can tell you that as of now UConn will have very few................

Reaction Score
Another team with very few guards is Oregon State. By the time the 2020 class will be enrolling as freshman, their only guards will be senior Destiny Slocum, senior Aleah Goodman, and junior Jasmine Simmons. I believe they are recruiting Bueckers, Clark, Van Lith, and Goforth. That is a lot of nearly guaranteed playing time as a sophomore and a good bit as a freshman. Plus they will have some big posts.

Reaction Score
Walz truly has been everywhere. Tennessee for Madison Hayes and Treasure Hunt (and Kamilla Cardoso?). Texas for Sarah Andrews and possibly others. Georgia for Olivia Cochran. Washington for Van Lith, Daniels, and Jordyn Jenkins. NY for Kateri Poole.

Reaction Score
Supposedly Vic and staff are also visiting Hunt and Cardoso today. He's also going after Madison Hayes and, like everyone else, Sarah Andrews. Anyone heard about the PG at Oklahoma transferring? She would have to sit out, since she's wouldn't be a grad transfer.

Reaction Score
Supposedly Vic and staff are also visiting Hunt and Cardoso today. He's also going after Madison Hayes and, like everyone else, Sarah Andrews. Anyone heard about the PG at Oklahoma transferring? She would have to sit out, since she's wouldn't be a grad transfer.
He is also visiting Madison Hayes while he is in TN.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sherri fired *two* of her assistants.

That is her assistant coach Colton Coale, who wasn't fired. Oh, and he's her son.

be Patient ;)

Reaction Score

Getting one of those would be an amazing grab. I did hear some very encouraging stuff for Miss St when it came to Hunt.

Louisville, Miss St, Miami, NC State, Florida St, and Florida all visited Hayes the last few days.

I have no clue what the hell LSU is doing right now. One of our bigger targets just canceled her OV and another "will try to reschedule". :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kamilla Cardoso, Esmery Martinez, Treasure Hunt, and Madison Hayes are all very good friends and teammates. Cardoso and Martinez are likely the closest of the two. I’m sure Mississippi State is going after Cardoso very hard, trying to turn her into the next McCowan, but Cardoso moves better IMO.

I have no clue what the hell LSU is doing right now. One of our bigger targets just canceled her OV and another "will try to reschedule". :rolleyes:

Who are some 2020 LSU targets?

Also, did Nikki not recruit JaMya Mingo-Young? LSU wasn’t in her four finalists.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also, did Nikki not recruit JaMya Mingo-Young? LSU wasn’t in her four finalists.

Nope she did not which is still questionable to me.

She had a knee injury in HS but had a lot of success at the USA basketball trials with a limited knee injury. If she can stay healthy she will be a big one for Miss St. I like her a lot.

Louisiana does not have any top talent in this 2020 class so if LSU wants a good class they will have to recruit nationally.

Reaction Score
She has torn her ACL 3x. Doesn’t even wear a brace which is quite impressive. She was ranked much higher before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom