Non-Key Tweets | Page 941 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The SEC and Sankey are pretty arrogant...but they have reason to be....they have won more football national championships since 2019 than the Big Ten has won in 50 years.

Reaction Score
The SEC and Sankey are pretty arrogant...but they have reason to be....they have won more football national championships since 2019 than the Big Ten has won in 50 years.
Perception is a funny thing. I find the SEC justified to say what they want. I find the other three conferences arrogant. (and that one golden domed independent too)

Reaction Score
I thought it made more sense for the pac4 to join BE in everything but football. If you have them 4 plus Gonzaga. Then creighton Marquette an DePaul. You have a decent western side to go with the eastern side of BE. The rest go Indy for football which helps UConn. Plus it really helps BE baseball and women’s basketball

Reaction Score
I thought it made more sense for the pac4 to join BE in everything but football. If you have them 4 plus Gonzaga. Then creighton Marquette an DePaul. You have a decent western side to go with the eastern side of BE. The rest go Indy for football which helps UConn. Plus it really helps BE baseball and women’s basketball

With 5 members (Pac 4 + UConn), they'd only need 3 more to keep the football conference alive.

Reaction Score
The SEC (and like schools) embrace football. Football is a regressive phenomenon of a capitalistic bourgeois culture (tongue in cheek).

There are some schools more caught up with the woke preoccupations that go along with the avant garde of higher ed in the 2020"s.

Although I joke, there are culture differences....Stanford and their tree are an awkward fit with a school whose teams are named after a tribe. (Incidentally, the University of Wisconsin stated that they would not schedule a game with FSU until they changed their name).

(just wait until folks find out that LSU Tigers took their name from the Civil War brigade, the Louisiana Tigers.)
Where did you read that about Wisconsin refusing to play FSU over their name?

That's pathetic if true.

Reaction Score
What happens if Big12 invites St. Johns along with Gonzaga to Big12? ....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It puts us in a panic.

Its going to be a crazy fall.

The ACC seems to be ready to tear itself apart....the B12/B1G/SEC want to see it happen....the PAC4 need a new home and there are 1/2 dozen ideas for said home.

Friday August 4th when OR/WA went to the B1G a match was lit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1691701350620.jpeg

DGB

Reaction Score
With 5 members (Pac 4 + UConn), they'd only need 3 more to keep the football conference alive.
Why not a football only conference that expressly doesn't offer basketball of the following?

West
Stanford (Olympic in WCC)
Cal (Olympic in WCC)
OSU (Olympic in WCC)
WSU (Olympic in WCC)

East
UConn (Olympic in Big East)
Army (Olympic in Patriot)
Navy (Olympic in Patriot)
Temple (Olympic in A10 or Big East)

Would be an interesting football conference that has no impact on basketball/Olympic. Could even get some baseball series with Stanford/Cal/OSU...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about losing St John's. I don't see the B-12 moving that far east and even if they do, St John's wouldn't be much of a loss.

If they were to take any of our hoops schools Creighton and Marquette are in a far better geographic location for the B-12.

If they decided in four non football (basically basketball) adds and took Gonzaga, Marquette, Creighton and Nova, then I would be very concerned.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Been more wrong then right the last few weeks....if there are meetings, we should see a fresh round of leaks by tomorrow evening.

Reaction Score
Andrea Adelson ESPN....responding to Notre Dame's Swarbrick.

Every other league makes biz decisions on realignment but the ACC should be charitable and not abandon two of the best academic institutions in the world? From a school that does not play football in said league facing significant revenue gaps w/SEC, Big Ten. Make it make sense.
Every other school makes business decisions but UConn has to stay in big east.

GG

Reaction Score
MHVER...LOL....another West Virginian in the cottage industry of tweeting from his basment.
He was accurate this time around, so I would not completely ignore him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Been more wrong then right the last few weeks....if there are meetings, we should see a fresh round of leaks by tomorrow evening.

He has been a lot more right than most of the actual sportswriters. I can't take any more Sheer tweets trying to cover every possible base.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He has been a lot more right than most of the actual sportswriters. I can't take any more Sheer tweets trying to cover every possible base.
crud, meant to say more right than wrong.

Reaction Score
No he hasn’t. He just throws everything out there that is plausible that he gleams from other sources.

Reaction Score
Where did you read that about Wisconsin refusing to play FSU over their name?

That's pathetic if true.

It was all over Nole sites..back in 2005

UW-Madison only schedules competitions with schools that are not on the NCAA’s list of colleges and universities subject to the restrictions on the use of Native American mascots, names and imagery at NCAA championships.

CMU appeared on this list in 2005, but appealed the decision with support of Michigan’s Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe. CMU was granted an exception, similar to Florida State and Utah.

UW-Madison further discourages all teams from bringing Native American mascots to UW–Madison athletic facilities. The CMU mascot is not a representation of a Chippewa.

FSU did end up playing Wisconsin in the 2008 bowl...and Osceola and Renegade planted the spear....

Background...

In 2005, the NCAA took a step in the direction of banning Native American nicknames. The NCAA sent a letter to 18 universities, warning them if they didn’t change their “hostile and abusive” nicknames, their teams would be prohibited from participating in any NCAA postseason championships.

The Seminole Tribe of Florida shot a letter back noting that once again it was the white man telling the indian how to think. They noted that Osceola's clothing was fashioned and designed by the Seminole Tribe of Florida and the Tribe supported the school,,,caused a rift betwwen the Seminole Tribe of Oklahoma and Florida because the Oklahoma tribe felt that they were ignored.

Reaction Score
The big 12 would never be able to pay St. John’s enough money to make it worth leaving the big east.. the travel would be awful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom