Non-Key Tweets | Page 781 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
FSU has announced that they have sold out their allotment of 30,000 tickets for the LSU game in New Orleans (FSU's 2nd game and New Orleans is a supposed neutral site).
In addition to an interesting match up with an oft above average SEC opponent, can't blame many FSU fans from the Redneck riviera, elsewhere in the Sunshine State, the deep south, and nearby Texas from venturing to a city with such massive cultural appeal. It would only be surprising if FSU did not sell out its ticket allotment.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
In addition to an interesting match up with an oft above average SEC opponent, can't blame many FSU fans from the Redneck riviera, elsewhere in the Sunshine State, the deep south, and nearby Texas from venturing to a city with such massive cultural appeal. It would only be surprising if FSU did not sell out its ticket allotment.
I suspect cultural appeal may be headwind for FSU selling tickets.

Reaction Score

true...but 30,000 is a largish number....to a city located 400 miles from Tallahassee...and 600 or more miles away from the homes of most FSU fans (Jax, Tampa, Orlando areas). And with a team that has had a horrible record of late. Heck, that's a great figure for a bowl outing.

If UCONN sold out 30,000 seats to play in Washington DC..(365 miles away)) I'd be as impressed.

Reaction Score
In 1965, as an 18 year old headed out to Parris Island in a week...I spent a week in an apartment on St. Charles...hitting Bourbon by trolley at night (first alcohol since 18 was legal in N.O.), partied until the wee hours and rode the taxi home.

Played the Conga at La Casa De Los Marinas Bar several nights.

Memories...many, many...

I still raise a glass to my homey and travel buddy....he left us way too young.

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 8h
Throw out the old criteria of Big Ten expansion. The current version includes the following: academics and culture, student-athlete welfare, competition, and logistics, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in sports; financial sustainability

Let me fix it for this jack wagon...

college football fan@Genetics56 · 8h
Throw out the old criteria of Big Ten expansion. The current version includes the following: money and money, money, money, and money, commitment to money, money, and inclusion of money; financial sustainability

Reaction Score
A longshot but this is a good point. It depends if the B1G values New England.
Of course the B1G values New England, as do other conferences. Taken collectively, New England would be the 17th largest state by area and 5th largest by population. The questions are how much value and to what degree can UConn deliver the region. I have no doubt that, other factors being a wash, the typical New Englander would root for UConn over a similar situated university located outside the region. New England is cohesive geographically and historically. Whatever competitive spirit BCU once had has suffered an atrophy of disuse. The Huskies would walk out onto an empty field. The only things needed are vision, commitment, and determination . . . well, some money might also help, I suppose.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 56m
I’ve got some pretty good stuff to share on longhorn network, TXOU, and the Big12. As soon as I get time tonight I’ll break it down.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 16m
So Big12 may have an ally in espn only because espn is wanting to help Texas and Oklahoma

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 15m
Espn is telling B12 through back channels that they would like to broker a deal to convert LHN into a Big12 network and secure all of B12 tier 3 rights for 7 years. There’s a catch.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 14m
The catch: Big12 lets TX and OU leave a year early with no penalty aside from the exit fee.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 11m
Schools would still be able to negotiate their own radio and local rights as well. Espn is offering a pretty penny for the T3 tv rights to all sports though.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 10m
Remember this is Tier 3 rights only. Tier 1 and 2 rights are the big money makers and they would still be up for bid once the current contract is over.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 7m
Espn is willing to pay around $8 million per year per school for these Tier3 rights which is slightly higher than what the ACC network has added to the ACC payout per school. $8m per every school that is a member once they are able to negotiate a contract.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 7m
So if we expand we need to do it before reopening the contract for negotiations

Berry GoCannon@shumanator_ ·9m
How does this benefit the B12 more than ESPN?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1m
It won’t. But It’s a mutually beneficial deal. And that’s a pretty huge payout for a nascent conference network.

Dan Dietzel@DanDietzel · 10m
Replying to @MH ver3
So the Big 12 gives up two teams earlier to get a network that wasn't functioning / making money?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2m
Converting it to a full on conference network will make it profitable and ESPN is in desperate need of content. It also signals that the Pac12 negotiations aren’t going well and espn expects the P12 to have multiple defections.

Heath@heath6303 ·15m
So would this kill any chance of getting the 4 corner schools?

MH ver3@MH ver3 ·8m
Not at all. If anything it helps

Colonel750@GibeiiBrewsong ·7m
Replying to @stoolie_elijah
and
@MH ver3
It gets them into the SEC and earning money for ESPN that much sooner.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4m
Yea it does. And saves the two schools about $100 million combined to leave early. They already say they can’t even afford the exit fee alone.

❄ Seth A ❄@KUandUofAfan · 7m
Replying to @MH ver3
I hope this isn't true. This is an ESPN-friendly deal that is so short-sighted (i.e. giving up the expansion clause or the ACC GoR) that if feels like the exact thing the @Big12Conference would do. I hope @brettyormark tells them no.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5m
It’s a 7 year deal that would be worth $96 million-$144 million per year depending on how many we can expand by. It’s a pretty substantial payday for the content in question.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 2h
AZ’s 247Sports' Jason Scheer joined The College Football Daily pod cast today...the reason the PAC started their 30-day window to negotiate with media was because the remaining 10 demanded a valuation of how things will look for them in their next media deal.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 1h
Apple is out. ESPN, NBC, Amazon came back with new bids. CBS still active in the bidding.

Based on the latest intel of the Big Ten tv deal, I suspect it is now up to the $1.2B or $1.3B range.

I could easily be off by $200M. I don't know the exact numbers. It should be between $80M to $105M range per school per year thought. The difference between an $80M to $100M payout per school is $200M. We will see.

Each Big Ten school, once the new TV deal starts, will easily pass the $100M payout per year mark once you add in BTN, CFP, etc. Congrats to all Big Ten schools. That's more money than 99% of all businesses in the USA.

You can see why Oregon needs Notre Dame to join the Big Ten. USC + UCLA roughly 15% increase (likely slightly more than that in reality). Notre Dame alone is said to be around the $200M increase in rights for the Big Ten per year....cont

Notre Dame alone you are looking at around $13M per school increase. Once you have Notre Dame + Oregon you are looking at around $16.5M increase.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame alone you are looking at around $13M per school increase. Once you have Notre Dame + Oregon you are looking at around $16.5M increase.

How does adding Oregon now add additional value to the B1G when it has been reported earlier that adding Oregon would take money away from the other B1G schools? Doesn’t make sense.

Reaction Score
true...but 30,000 is a largish number....to a city located 400 miles from Tallahassee...and 600 or more miles away from the homes of most FSU fans (Jax, Tampa, Orlando areas). And with a team that has had a horrible record of late. Heck, that's a great figure for a bowl outing.

If UCONN sold out 30,000 seats to play in Washington DC..(365 miles away)) I'd be as impressed.
I'd be happy to get 30,000 to our own stadium.

Reaction Score

How does adding Oregon now add additional value to the B1G when it has been reported earlier that adding Oregon would take money away from the other B1G schools? Doesn’t make sense.
This Genetics guy has zero clue. At least our friend mh v3 makes up plausible stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This Genetics guy has zero clue. At least our friend mh v3 makes up plausible stuff.
It doesn’t need to be plausible, it just needs to have numbers associated with it.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 34m
Pac12(-2) schools showing solidarity today does not mean all is well. There are still 3 schools wanting to jump to B12 now, 1 school playing both sides, and 2 schools that pine for B1G. They are all trying to get the most money possible out of this renegotiated deal.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 35m
But no movement will be made until the final numbers of the new tv deal become completely clear.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 32m
The 3 that want to jump to B12 are fed up with PAC leadership. One feels they were sold a false bill of goods when they joined. The other two have been flirting with B12 for years and few they are a better fit with B12 in culture and philosophy.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 19m
Let me lay a scenario out to you all that is a real possibility but no one is talking about.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18m
AZ, AZST, and Colorado join the B12. Utah, OR, WA forge ahead thinking they are positioned for future B1G membership and backfill with 3 MWC schools to keep 10 members and keep the PAC alive but in life support.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 17m
There’s just too many cultural differences between the coastal schools and the B12. Political and academic.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 16m
And what’s interesting as well is my B1G source is telling me if ND decides to join B1G then Stanford is the desired partner to come with ND and they will stop there for possibly forever. Washington was their next choice. Oregon was the third choice as a ND partner.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 15m
TV money just starts to dilute badly at 16 teams and up. Oregon may never have a realistic shot at B1G But also the culture there may never allow them to join a conference with schools in TX, OK, WV, etc.

M ver3@MH ver3 · 13m
And B12 may just add those 3 and stop and wait to see what happens 5-10 years from now. There’s no reason to add anyone else to dilute the tv money just to have an even number.

UCF@ucfeverything·16m
Replying to @MH ver3
Any word on Notre Dames possible decision? Last heard they were sticking independent

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 9m
They are staying Indy for now. Most likely until ACC contract is up at least and then they will reevaluate.

Wayman@BWayman25 · 13m
Have you heard anything regarding any truth to the rumors that the Big Ten would consider TCU for a beachhead into DFW and Texas?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8m
No. big10 is done until ND decides.

Frank the Tank@frankthetank111
UteNation is reporting that the Pac-12 will announce that the remaining schools are sticking together. If true, the translation for this is that the Big Ten isn’t inviting any more Pac-12 schools.

Sure...the second Oregon gets an offer from the Big Ten they are gone. Be smarter than this man. Just like the Alliance among three conferences only lasted a few months.

Comment: I always love how the Twitteratti have to claim that they know more than reputable media people, athletic directors and even universities.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's true. The eyeballs we give YES is evidence. I know a ton of people that don't miss a UConn game on TV but haven't attended one in years for a variety of reasons. If actual eyeballs count for something now, maybe we're in the right place at the right time for a change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom