Non-Key Tweets | Page 782 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Is the B12 media deal solid? Seems that should have been blown up when the cash cows left.

Maybe they're guessing that the greater demand for CFB in Big 12 country compensates for the loss of branding. However, should they be able to bring over programs from the PAC then there's no more question of their future solidity. Unless ESPN/ACC wants to put their noses in the process.

And more crazy non-key tweets:

college football fan@Genetics56 · 5h
Source: "Oregon will not get enough votes to become a member of the Big Ten Conference. Stanford would be admitted in a heartbeat if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 4h
I was given Stanford vs Oregon intel. I'll share soon.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 3h
To get admitted to becoming a member of the Big Ten, you must have an institutional whole. Meaning, you need to be good at everything - academics, athletics, etc. cont...

The top 10 rankings for universities among the Big Ten presidents are as follows: 1: Stanford, 2: Duke, 3: Northwestern, 4: Vandy, 5: USC, 6: UCLA, 7: Michigan, 8: Notre Dame, 9: Cal, 10: North Carolina. cont...

The Big Ten looks at 27 categories when evaluating a new member. Oregon scores a positive rating in 4 out of the 27 categories and those 4 are: R1, AAU, football team talent points, basketball program ranking the last decade. cont..

Oregon's acceptance rate is a major red flag for the Big Ten, small enrollment compared to other Big Ten members, and more. Out of the 27 categories, Oregon scores poorly in 15 categories. Stanford scores a positive rating in 25 out of the 27 categories. cont..

Oregon would, by far, have the fewest athletes. The Big Ten is very big on providing a lot of opportunities for college athletes - the total number of sports sponsored. Stanford scores better in the fan category than 4 current members of the Big Ten.cont..

I don't like it, but I get it. If it was up to me Oregon and Washington would already have their invites, but I'm not in charge of this. School presidents hold the votes.

TempoNick@tempo_nick · 4h
Is this your normal source or another one?

yes...normal

PNW Cat@PNW_Wildcat · 3h
Replying to @Genetics56
Are you saying Stanford has higher TV ratings? The academic stuff, sure. But Oregon has much higher tv ratings.

whatever data they use for viewer rating, Stanford scores higher. I don't know the data they use and wouldn't be allowed to know even if I asked.

For comparison, Rutgers scores positively in 14 out of the 27 categories. Compare that to what I listed for Oregon and you start to learn why Oregon to the Big Ten is an extreme long shot.

The ranking among Pac 12 schools among Big Ten presidents for their remaining members are (in order): Stanford, Washington, Cal, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon, Washington State, Oregon State.

What I find extremely interesting is the rating score USC is getting vs Stanford. Stanford is clearly number 1, but USC would rank 2 in the Big Ten and not that far behind Stanford.

The negotiations, thus, are with Stanford and Notre Dame and nobody else.

Μιχαήλ @EL_D05 · 3h
I’m guessing ND scores pretty high up there too???

Yes, very high.

Stanford is rated to have a higher viewer rating than Oregon. Population kills Oregon and Stanford gets a very high rating.

Takeaway: Stanford vs Oregon when they complete the categorical scoring, Oregon is rated very poorly and Stanford rates higher than every Big Ten school.

Daniel Gottlieb@gottliebdesigns · 3h
So you're saying Cal would be accepted before Oregon or Washington?

Yes. Cal vs Washington is pretty close. Both are viewed as institutional fits.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 2h
For those asking about Kansas, Kansas ranks good in 15 categories and extremely poor in 6 categories. The acceptance rate for Kansas is a killer. Very negative rating. They rank negative in all football-related categories and rank 3 overall in basketball.

Miami rates a lot higher among Big Ten presidents than anyone would imagine. I'll post the ACC numbers sometime tomorrow. Gotta go to bed.

H ver3@MH ver3· 6h
Might B12 soon be playing 10 conference games, 2 out of conference, and completely stop scheduling 1AA? It’s being discussed.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
10 conference games would be 12 extra games of inventory to sell. No 1AA opponents means the quality of the non-conference games would be better as well.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
Again, it’s being discussed. Nothing set in stone.

Reaction Score
H ver3@MH ver3· 6h
Might B12 soon be playing 10 conference games, 2 out of conference, and completely stop scheduling 1AA? It’s being discussed.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
10 conference games would be 12 extra games of inventory to sell. No 1AA opponents means the quality of the non-conference games would be better as well.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
Reading this is just nonsense. Going to a 10 game conference schedule with 2 out of conference games means that Big 12 schools could only have 6 home games per year when they currently have 6 or 7 home games. And, the media contracts cover all home games so going to a 10 game conference schedule actually reduces the inventory of home games. Yes, there would be more Big 12 games, but overall inventory doesn't increase. In 2022, the inventory of home games would drop by 5.

Dropping FCS games would improve the quality of the inventory, but that would probably mean more losses for teams.

Reaction Score
It's a whole lot of nonsense across the board. Oregon's acceptance rate is lower than Indiana and Iowa. It's very comparable to Michigan State, Nebraska and Minnesota. Not far off from others like OSU, Illinois, etc. These big public schools aren't Harvard.

Reaction Score
Maybe they're guessing that the greater demand for CFB in Big 12 country compensates for the loss of branding. However, should they be able to bring over programs from the PAC then there's no more question of their future solidity. Unless ESPN/ACC wants to put their noses in the process.

And more crazy non-key tweets:

Source: "Oregon will not get enough votes to become a member of the Big Ten Conference. Stanford would be admitted in a heartbeat if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten."

I was given Stanford vs Oregon intel. I'll share soon.

To get admitted to becoming a member of the Big Ten, you must have an institutional whole. Meaning, you need to be good at everything - academics, athletics, etc. cont...

The top 10 rankings for universities among the Big Ten presidents are as follows: 1: Stanford, 2: Duke, 3: Northwestern, 4: Vandy, 5: USC, 6: UCLA, 7: Michigan, 8: Notre Dame, 9: Cal, 10: North Carolina. cont...

The Big Ten looks at 27 categories when evaluating a new member. Oregon scores a positive rating in 4 out of the 27 categories and those 4 are: R1, AAU, football team talent points, basketball program ranking the last decade. cont..

Oregon's acceptance rate is a major red flag for the Big Ten, small enrollment compared to other Big Ten members, and more. Out of the 27 categories, Oregon scores poorly in 15 categories. Stanford scores a positive rating in 25 out of the 27 categories. cont..

Oregon would, by far, have the fewest athletes. The Big Ten is very big on providing a lot of opportunities for college athletes - the total number of sports sponsored. Stanford scores better in the fan category than 4 current members of the Big Ten.cont..

I don't like it, but I get it. If it was up to me Oregon and Washington would already have their invites, but I'm not in charge of this. School presidents hold the votes.

TempoNick@tempo_nick · 4h
Is this your normal source or another one?

yes...normal

PNW Cat@PNW_Wildcat · 3h
Replying to @Genetics56
Are you saying Stanford has higher TV ratings? The academic stuff, sure. But Oregon has much higher tv ratings.

whatever data they use for viewer rating, Stanford scores higher. I don't know the data they use and wouldn't be allowed to know even if I asked.

For comparison, Rutgers scores positively in 14 out of the 27 categories. Compare that to what I listed for Oregon and you start to learn why Oregon to the Big Ten is an extreme long shot.

The ranking among Pac 12 schools among Big Ten presidents for their remaining members are (in order): Stanford, Washington, Cal, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon, Washington State, Oregon State.

What I find extremely interesting is the rating score USC is getting vs Stanford. Stanford is clearly number 1, but USC would rank 2 in the Big Ten and not that far behind Stanford.

The negotiations, thus, are with Stanford and Notre Dame and nobody else.

Μιχαήλ @EL_D05 · 3h
I’m guessing ND scores pretty high up there too???

Yes, very high.

Stanford is rated to have a higher viewer rating than Oregon. Population kills Oregon and Stanford gets a very high rating.

Takeaway: Stanford vs Oregon when they complete the categorical scoring, Oregon is rated very poorly and Stanford rates higher than every Big Ten school.

Daniel Gottlieb@gottliebdesigns · 3h
So you're saying Cal would be accepted before Oregon or Washington?

Yes. Cal vs Washington is pretty close. Both are viewed as institutional fits.

For those asking about Kansas, Kansas ranks good in 15 categories and extremely poor in 6 categories. The acceptance rate for Kansas is a killer. Very negative rating. They rank negative in all football-related categories and rank 3 overall in basketball.

Miami rates a lot higher among Big Ten presidents than anyone would imagine. I'll post the ACC numbers sometime tomorrow. Gotta go to bed.

H ver3@MH ver3· 6h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
I'd like to know how many of the 27 categories UCONN ranks positive. Rutgers 14 and Kansas 15 of 27. ND only has 13k students. I'm surprised the B1G is looking at privates instead of just large publics. Well not surprised, but you know.

Reaction Score

has this been posted anywhere?

I know longer say never to any theory thrown around. There's been too many Shaggy "Zoinks" head shakers coming out of realignment. That being said, this seems absolutely ridiculous. So, it's now implied that SMU is trying to decide between the ACC, Big 12 and PAC 12? And while they prefer the Big 12, they could be convinced by the ACC to join, but only if ND joins?

It still wouldn't shock me if it's true because I clearly would never be put in charge of realignment for a conference and only the Big 10 and SEC seem to make decisions that make business sense.

Reaction Score
More garbage.... pushing out four schools?

Well, I am enjoying the uncertainty (fear) that this is causing the schools in those conferences. Reading their message boards is fun. :D

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 48m
9 out of the top 11 football schools in the Big Ten CEO's are women, with a big influence that came from UCLA. The two schools in the ACC that rank high enough in football and academics in the ACC for the Big Ten are: Miami and Georgia Tech. Flugempires tweet about them is right

college football fan@Genetics56 · 47m
That tells me that Flugempires source DOES have the correct information and should be taken seriously. The data provided to me aligns with what Flugempire has been saying too. So it is legit.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 40m
In the eyes of Big Ten presidents, the ranking for ACC schools are: 1: Duke, 2: UNC, 3: UVA, 4: Miami, 5: Georgia Tech, 6: Boston College, 7: Wake Forest, 8: Pitt, 9: Syracuse, 10: VA Tech, 11: NC State, 12: FSU, 13: Clemson, 14: Lousiville.

TempoNick@tempo_nick · 43m
I just don't see where either of them are worth $110 million a year.

I will get to that.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 35m
Miami and Georgia Tech are rated as better population and market fits than other ACC schools. Thus, those are the two schools the Big Ten will want the most. That goes against what people would assume - North Carolina first. It's not true. That was a Delany thing.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 33m
You can go to Flugempires twitter handle and see a tweet from a few days ago with him mentioning Miami and Georiga Tech. The data I was provided confirms his tweet.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 32m
The path to 20 schools for the Big Ten are the following: 17: Notre Dame, 18: Stanford, 19: Miami, 20: Georgia Tech.

The Big Ten interest, when you look at institutional fit, will include the following ACC schools: Duke, North Carolina, Georiga Tech, Miami, and Virginia. Nobody else has a chance at getting admitted to the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Is the ACC trying to add B12 schools or PAC schools to keep up with the B1G and SEC and try to get a better tv deal? If so, then unfortunately that does not bode well for UConn to be included in the ACC’s plans. I can see ESPN screwing UConn again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is the ACC trying to add B12 schools or PAC schools to keep up with the B1G and SEC and try to get a better tv deal? If so, then unfortunately that does not bode well for UConn to be included in the ACC’s plans. I can see ESPN screwing UConn again.
Why? How many B12 schools would make the jump? (not many) How many would appeal to the ACC? (not many). It could be just WVU, Cinci, UCF and UConn as the 4th. Keeping everything in the eastern time zone. The B12 is looking westward.

Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC is adding anyone unless/until they get pillaged by the SEC/B1G.

They are locked into a GOR until 2036 and the only add that really moves the revenue needle for them is Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC is adding anyone unless/until they get pillaged by the SEC/B1G.

They are locked into a GOR until 2036 and the only add that really moves the revenue needle for them is Notre Dame.
I doubt they are going to watch the Big 10 and SEC make 2x in TV revenue for the next decade and do nothing about it.

Sure there are no adds that are going to match adding USC, Texas, or OU but sitting around and doing nothing seems unlikely.

We have already seen a significant decline in ACC football that will probably continue and we have also see ACC basketball start to falter and now without its two name brand coaches meaning their biggest brands could decline.

What move the ACC makes (Big 12, PAC 12 poach, PAC 12 partnership, G5 add) is a complete unknown but doing nothing and just enjoying the remainder of the GOR essentially means they are content being Tier 2 and would be an absence of leadership.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Why? How many B12 schools would make the jump? (not many) How many would appeal to the ACC? (not many). It could be just WVU, Cinci, UCF and UConn as the 4th. Keeping everything in the eastern time zone. The B12 is looking westward.
UCF and Cinci are going to the B12. I don't know why people keep forgetting this fact.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I doubt they are going to watch the Big 10 and SEC make 2x in TV revenue for the next decade and do nothing about it.

Sure there are no adds that are going to match adding USC, Texas, or OU but sitting around and doing nothing seems unlikely.

We have already seen a significant decline in ACC football that will probably continue and we have also see ACC basketball start to falter and now without its two name brand coaches meaning their biggest brands could decline.

What move the ACC makes (Big 12, PAC 12 poach, PAC 12 partnership, G5 add) is a complete unknown but doing nothing and just enjoying the remainder of the GOR essentially means they are content being Tier 2 and would be an absence of leadership.
There is not an available move that would match Tier 1.

Reaction Score
There is not an available move that would match Tier 1.
Sure there is nothing to match, but not even attempting to close a gap is basically giving up waiting to be poached in X years.

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 7h
When people read what they want to read on Twitter they think the information is good. When they read the information they don't like, they think it's just a bunch of BS, throw stuff against the wall to see if it sticks..cont

One a personal level, I want Oregon to be in the Big Ten, but I also was provided the data that shows the reality of the situation. Oregon is NOT an additive gain to the Big Ten Conference. They are behind Nebraska in a lot of the 27 categories....cont

I understand now why Oregon hasn't been picked up when it's incredibly easy to add them if the conference leaders wanted Oregon.

The number one killer for Oregon is its admissions rate. When you compare it to the rest of the Big Ten for the avg per Big Ten school, it's so far away from the avg that it sticks out like the sun on a cloudless day.

TheEmperorHasNoClothes@ARjdoc · 7h
Replying to @ARjdoc and @Genetics56
Oregon about the same as Indiana, Iowa, Michigan St, and Nebraska

Big ten averages it over years for grad vs undergrade

college football fan@Genetics56 · 6h
Since Kansas comes up a lot, I'll share some more stuff on them. If you know Kansas, you can correctly assume a lot of things - football related categories are very bad, 5th from the very bottom in all of FBS. Basketball rate 3rd in all of college basetball...in other ares though

One would think Kansas would get a poor rating for population, but they actually get a good rating on that. It must be because of the Colorado thing. The olympic areas Kansas gets a good rating. The things that hurt Kansas are admissions rate, football, academic rank, Viewers.

UCLA, out of the 27 categories, rates good to excellent in all 27 categories. Stanford has more in the excellent level than UCLA, but it's clear UCLA is viewed highly among the Big Ten.

Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin have good to excellent in 26 of the 27 categories.

Remember I posted the other data the new criteria for Big Ten expansion....for self-sustainability for financials in the athletic department, Notre Dame is the school that gets a negative score. Even UCLA with their debt has a higher rating.

You can be angry at what I have tweeted out since last night, but facts are facts. The facts are not going to change based on emotions. Only way the Big Ten expands is if Notre Dame or Stanford called. That is it since ACC is years away.

Even SI ranks Stanford higher than Oregon and they are nowhere near as detailed as the Big Ten is. The facts have spoken and Oregon is not an institutional fit for the Big Ten.

To answer numerous questions that I have gotten via DM's and comments. I'm not allowed to give out the categories. What I can say is, that there are 5 topics of focus and specific categories within each topic...such as research expenditure ranking, grad school rankings, etc. cont

For the ranking of each Big Ten school: the ranking is Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, IL, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, Nebraska. USC would slide into 3rd and UCLA would slide into 2nd...cont

If Stanford went to the Big Ten, then the top 3 would be from the Pac 12. Those are additive additions to the Big Ten Conference. There's nobody left in the country that could add to the top 4 spots in the Big Ten. That is officially closed off now if Stanford came.cont

For Notre Dame, they score positive in 22 categories out of 27. Their biggest negative is undergrad enrollment. Do I have numbers for all schools? No. I don't have any data on SEC schools or any G5 schools. Only Pac 12, Kansas, and ACC.cont

Would the Big Ten ever try to poach an SEC school? No. They operate with a different mindset. For example, most of the schools in the SEC spend more money on athletics than they do scientific research. Research is more important to the Big Ten than athletics..cont

When you compare the leftover P5 and G5 schools, outside of Stanford and Cal (counting USC + UCLA as Big Ten schools), the Big Ten schools have a 225% larger academic budget, 400% larger endowments, and 330% larger research expenditure.

Could Kansas get into the Big Ten? If they fix football. Otherwise, the answer is a no. Kansas rates as a negative in all football categories. Where would Notre Dame rank in the Big Ten without Stanford? 4th...behind UCLA, USC, NW.

David Bowline@dwbowline · 2h
You clearly know nothing about Kansas. Lawrence is part of KC market, has good academics, is an AAU school and has surprisingly decent ratings for televised football games. But keep spewing your garbage.

I know how the Big Ten rates Kansas since I have the data. They are positive in 15 out of the 27 categories but continue on...

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 7h
Those of you worrying about access to playoffs due to harder due to W/L record if B12 drops scheduling FCS and moved to 10 conference games-relax. Power5 (or 4) will most likely have an autobid for their champ after playoffs expand.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 38m
Yormark meeting with Phil Knight this weekend. Don’t know if it’s Nike related, Ducks related, or both.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 34m
And we are very seriously considering ESPNs offer for a tier3 network on a rebranded LHN. I’m going to say it now: people won’t be happy when OU and UT get out of B12 a year early and only paying about 50% of the exit fee

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UCF and Cinci are going to the B12. I don't know why people keep forgetting this fact.
Nobody is forgetting it. Like WVU they would prefer the ACC. Houston probably would not.

Reaction Score
Remember this?

TCU spurns Big East and joins Big 12 conference

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas Christian University, which had already pledged to join the Big East conference, will instead join the Big 12 athletic conference, officials announced Monday, latest in a series of college sports realignments.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Hearing that Pac12(-2) has still not been able to get all their member schools to commit to a GOR for the initial offering from espn. Only 2 schools willing to commit currently

Will Klose@lonestarpoke · 1h
WSU and ORST?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
They just want to keep the band together at any cost.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Replying to @MH ver3
CU, Az, AzSt are observing but not enthused nor committal.

Steve@SteveJamesDNVR · 1h
Replying to @MH ver3
Like they are observing the PAC12 landscape and they are not committing to anything?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
I was told that AZST is the most involved of the 3. But still those 3 seem more withdrawn and less outspoken.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Kliavkoff just may end up on the receiving end of a vote of no confidence.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Replying to @MH ver3
Surprising to me that Cal isn’t willing to sign. They actually believe they can force their way into the B10 with UCLA. They actually truly believe it.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Utah’s stance is they will sign it if Washington and Oregon will sign it.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Oregon and Washington want a shorter term contract with no GOR

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Stanford actually may bolt the conference and go out on their own if there are further defections. Has spoken with another nearby conference about a home for Olympic sports and a scheduling agreement for football al a Notre Dame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom