Non-Key Tweets | Page 785 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Their "really good plan" is to ask ESPN to pay them both more money than they're getting and more money than they're worth. It's equivalent to my "really good plan" for sleeping with Brooklyn Decker.
If you’re going to ask Brooklyn Decker to pay you for sleeping with her, please, I’m begging you, get someone to video it and post it to The Boneyard. The Boneyard glory will be well worth the blackeye and inevitable TRO you will get.

Reaction Score

->How much could Notre Dame command? Take the SEC’s most recent deal as an example. ESPN took CBS’s package and will pay the conference $300 million annually for 15 football games and eight men’s basketball games. Those aren’t just any games -- they are the first pick of games each week throughout the football season.

That’s an average of close to $20 million for each of 15 top-shelf games. If Notre Dame got the $75 million it seeks, that would be a little over $10 million each telecast as part of a seven-game home games. The Fighting Irish should be asking for more. <-

Reaction Score
I understand why Swofford did it, and in truth it is the only thing keeping the ACC together, but that GOR way past the SEC and B1G renegotiating their deals is really an albatross for them. Had they done it for a few years past those leagues windows, maybe they could have squeezed more money for themselves in the near future. With them being locked in till 2036, why would ESPN offer them more money? Even the PAC and Big 12 redo their deals before then no?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Their "really good plan" is to ask ESPN to pay them both more money than they're getting and more money than they're worth. It's equivalent to my "really good plan" for sleeping with Brooklyn Decker.
BL,

I imagine that you could come up with a far better plan for your goal than what the ACC is currently devising for theirs. That said, I am fully confident that neither you nor the ACC can pull it off.

Reaction Score
BL,

I imagine that you could come up with a far better plan for your goal than what the ACC is currently devising for theirs. That said, I am fully confident that neither you nor the ACC can pull it off.

Define "good." Does drugging and kidnapping count?

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
So it’s possible AZ will not be having their board meeting tonight. My source can confirm Colorado is. I’ll update as I get more info. Thanks for the heads up from those of you who wrote me.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Guys, I’m still hearing from@multiple sources that there is a meeting for AZ tonight. And Utah as well. ‍♂️ super secret squirrel ?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 53m
I hate to throw cold water on any rumor but the ACC schools can’t just vote to dissolve their GOR without voiding their current tv deal. It would also take more than 8 votes to do it.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 4h
While having 8 ACC schools vote to dissolve conf is an extreme long shot play it’s inaccurate to portray this scenario as narrowly as having it require 8 ACC schools to be invited to Big Ten & SEC.

In 3 yrs new Big 12 media contract May look compelling to couple ACC schools.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 2h
Kevin Warren the last two years.... big accomplishments

1: Conference expansion with USC and UCLA
2: Derailed the college football playoff to force an open bid process.
3: Soon to be signed billion dollar lucrative media rights deal and a new in-house multimedia rights

college football fan@Genetics56 · 2h
Up next....

1: A signed billion dollar annual media rights deal
2: Stanford + Notre Dame to the Big Ten
3: A new position on the college football playoff

Under Kevin Warren the Big Ten Conference left it's 100+ year history footprint and became national.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
Baylor Athletic Director Mack Rhoades: "If you don’t act, you’re going to get acted upon. Right now, the Big 12, we’re in this process of trying to act rather than the opposite."

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
Big12 quietly approaching full consensus on drafting and signing their next GOR. Trying to get out in front of things early and lock up the 12 we have. Yormark is making it a top priority for when he takes over. All 12 are on board to sign.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
Length will be 7 years with an option to extend it based on length of next tv deal. Obviously B12 is shooting for a 7 year deal. (Would go to market again before the next ACC deal).

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
Just heard that one proposal the PAC is looking at with their uneven distribution model is to distribute playoff money unequally yearly and staggeringly unequally if one of their teams makes the playoff.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
Starting to get a few reports from Colorado’s meeting. Cannot confirm yet if they decided to officially seek out B12 membership but I did get a nice tidbit of claims being made that Washington and Oregon are holding the entire conference hostage right now.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
Colorado has still not made a decision on applying for B12 membership. They will meet again on Friday (so I’m told).

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
Colorado very unhappy with unequal revenue sharing. Looks like it’s the only way Washington and Oregon are agreeing to stay in the conference and not entertain offers from B12 or ACC(!).

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
Interesting that Washington/Oregon are making it widely known to conference brethren that they have been talking to ACC and B12 and using that to further their own ends.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
Colorado doesn’t even know where Cal and Stanford truly stand and what their real plan is because so far communication has been lackluster with them. Colorado feels like they are on an island and being pushed out.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
ACC made a play for Washington/Oregon/Stanford/Cal and was shot down. No proof of it but Colorado AD said it has been implied.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
ACC hoped that by getting Stanford it would compel ND to join. ACC has special deal with espn to add those 4 at prorata even though it wasn’t built into the contract. ORWA balked because they stand to make more from an uneven distribution model-even if PAC has 2-4 more defections

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
ORWA also balked at being locked into the ACC GOR through 2036.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
ORWA was on board for a B12 merger provided it came with no GOR and allowed for PAC to control the distribution model for their teams until a new tv deal was reached for all.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 4h
The merger would’ve allowed TX/OK/USC/UCLA early outs, Big12 to take control of Pac12 networks and Espn/Fox would honor remainder of Pac12 contract and extend it out until the new entity could negotiate a new deal

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
Still haven’t gotten confirmation or info of the possible meetings for Utah and AZ…

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 9m
Newsome can’t block the UCLA move to B10 but the regents may force UCLA to share the B10 money with Cal

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2m
Hearing that Pac is going to invite 2 schools to replace USC/UCLA defections. ESPN changing course on additions and wants Pac to act quickly. SDSU for sure. Either Fresno or SMU for the second.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2m
ESPN also advising the additions will not increase their current tv offer. B12 contact thinks this is ESPN being proactive to get ahead of AZ/CU defections to B12 and to keep PAC stable-ish.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 9m
Newsome can’t block the UCLA move to B10 but the regents may force UCLA to share the B10 money with Cal

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2m
Hearing that Pac is going to invite 2 schools to replace USC/UCLA defections. ESPN changing course on additions and wants Pac to act quickly. SDSU for sure. Either Fresno or SMU for the second.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2m
ESPN also advising the additions will not increase their current tv offer. B12 contact thinks this is ESPN being proactive to get ahead of AZ/CU defections to B12 and to keep PAC stable-ish.

These guys have negative credibility.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I understand why Swofford did it, and in truth it is the only thing keeping the ACC together, but that GOR way past the SEC and B1G renegotiating their deals is really an albatross for them. Had they done it for a few years past those leagues windows, maybe they could have squeezed more money for themselves in the near future. With them being locked in till 2036, why would ESPN offer them more money? Even the PAC and Big 12 redo their deals before then no?

And everyone in the negotiating room but Swofford knew it was a sucker deal presented by a man who needed something to hold his conference together back then. The only reason ESPN did it was due to the length of the deal; that was the part which hooked the addict. It made no sense for ESPN to offer a 5-10 year deal to the ACC. It had to be ridiculously long.

It was basically a pay day loan shop giving you that pay day cash you so desperately need.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That way of thinking kept us out of the ACC more than anything else, imo.

Agree. UConn didn't have the 2-3 generation deep relationships in the rooms where decisions were being made. And, that's where the actions by Dickie B to personally sue individuals burned fences. That was a case where people who have been yachting and skiing the Alps together for years would have talked to Dick about not being that guy who thinks he can waive cash or a contract in the air and get people to move their positions.

Reaction Score
Agree. UConn didn't have the 2-3 generation deep relationships in the rooms where decisions were being made. And, that's where the actions by Dickie B to personally sue individuals burned fences. That was a case where people who have been yachting and skiing the Alps together for years would have talked to Dick about not being that guy who thinks he can waive cash or a contract in the air and get people to move their positions.
It is and was Dickie B’s modest operandi to Sue everything and everyone to get attention. I don’t think he cared about results

Reaction Score
And everyone in the negotiating room but Swofford knew it was a sucker deal presented by a man who needed something to hold his conference together back then. The only reason ESPN did it was due to the length of the deal; that was the part which hooked the addict. It made no sense for ESPN to offer a 5-10 year deal to the ACC. It had to be ridiculously long.

It was basically a pay day loan shop giving you that pay day cash you so desperately need.
At the end of the day, he took the offer back to the presidents and they all signed it.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, he took the offer back to the presidents and they all signed it.
I can't find a link now, but I remember the reports at the time being that the Presidents were the ones pushing for the longer term because they were tired of all the realignment activity and were looking for some peace

Reaction Score
I can't find a link now, but I remember the reports at the time being that the Presidents were the ones pushing for the longer term because they were tired of all the realignment activity and were looking for some peace
Im sure school presidents are weakest in the inner workings of these athletic departments and the long term implications of their decisions.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

While I agree with most of FTT's commentary, I do question how dissolution of the conference would not be a way out. If the rights weren't granted to the conference, who were they granted to? If the rights were granted to the conference, I imagine some language on successor could keep the rights intact but I would need to see this to fully believe it could be enforceable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While I agree with most of FTT's commentary, I do question how dissolution of the conference would not be a way out. If the rights weren't granted to the conference, who were they granted to? If the rights were granted to the conference, I imagine some language on successor could keep the rights intact but I would need to see this to fully believe it could be enforceable.
At best, Frank the Tank has outlined a sequencing issue. if you want to break the GOR by dissolving the conference, get your dissolution vote in prior to giving your withdrawal notice. It’d be easy enough to have a vote on dissolution and make the effective date far enough in the future so that everyone meets their Notice of withdrawal obligations. Now people are probably saying well if you dissolve the conference should there be any notice of withdrawal obligation. Perhaps not, but the non-exiting members of the client conference could indicate that they had acted in good faith and relied upon the withdrawal period being honored.

Reaction Score
At best, Frank the Tank has outlined a sequencing issue. if you want to break the GOR by dissolving the conference, get your dissolution vote in prior to giving your withdrawal notice. It’d be easy enough to have a vote on dissolution and make the effective date far enough in the future so that everyone meets their Notice of withdrawal obligations. Now people are probably saying well if you dissolve the conference should there be any notice of withdrawal obligation. Perhaps not, but the non-exiting members of the client conference could indicate that they had acted in good faith and relied upon the withdrawal period being honored.
If it's dissolved (which I don't think they have enough votes for) there wouldn't be any non-exiting members.

The ACC would cease to exist, and all members would be free agents. Once that happens some will find better homes than others, but I don't see how the schools that don't find lucrative homes would be owed anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom