Non-Key Tweets | Page 786 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Updated story…

Penn State QB Sean Clifford, Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren discuss improving benefits

-> Big Ten football players have had conversations with league commissioner Kevin Warren this week about giving athletes a bigger voice in the future and about improving a variety of benefits for players. Warren also spoke with the leader of a nascent players' association about the possibility of having an independent group represent the players in conversations with the league.

Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford said the conversations with Warren have been a positive, collaborative start to giving players a seat at the table in future decisions with the league. He said he and the other players he has spoken with have no intention of creating a union or entering a contentious negotiation with the league at this point.

Warren issued a statement later Friday saying that the Big Ten has, indeed, started "the process of formalizing the Big Ten Student-Athlete Advisory Committee to seek input from our student-athletes, including Sean Clifford, about the changing landscape of college athletics." He added that the conference "has not had any negotiations with the CFBPA, or any players' organization, and do not have any scheduled." <-

I’m think this could give the B1G cover to pay the players and force out everyone but the sec. The question is can they control it at a level they want and is sustainable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, not a tweet, but definitely “non-key”, but a “ Reliable insider” on the Seton Hall board is saying that the SEC is working on an ACC read as we speak. I don’t know this guy from Adam, but their board seems to think he’s for real. It would obviously be a good thing for Connecticut off the ACC is raided.

Reaction Score
The role of the College Players Association in talks with Big 10's Commissioner Warren is more fully outlined in above post...

Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford has met with Jason Stahl, the executive director of the College Football Players Association. The CFBPA is a player advocacy organization formed in 2021. Stahl is a former faculty member at the University of Minnesota.

That meeting then led to sharing information with the Penn State team.

Stahl said he met with Penn State players secretly on campus from July 7-14.

Eventually news of the discussions reached Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren. Stahl provided the list of demands to CBS Sports that he said went to Warren. They included enhanced medical care and "a percentage of media rights revenue for the players."

Stahl said he and Warren spoke by phone for an hour on Thursday. In addition to players receiving a share of conference revenue from media rights, the demands include that players be allowed independent medical care separate from the school and post-eligibility "health protections".

Reaction Score
The power of Mack Brown. But also, how was Alabama 19th 4 years ago? I know it was an ugly loss to Clemson, but still.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
From Greg Swam

So #B1G taking #Ducks, #UDub, #Stanford and #Cal, as TV partners have asked for (albeit privately), which leaves #BearDown, #Buffs, #SunDevils and #Utes for the #Big12. The kicker is they also would like the B12 to take on the #Beavs and #Wazzu, and may do it to get deal done

4:25 PM · Jul 30, 2022·Twitter for Android

Ahh, all is right with the conference realignment world when this guy tells us the
way it is.

Edit - since the site won’t allow me to use his full name, here’s the link:

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

90C519A9-BE45-44A8-B402-493A3A40ED76.jpeg

Cool.

Reaction Score
Interesting viewpoints on the impact/value (or lack of elevated value) of teams, tv markets, etc...

Reaction Score
So our football is not under the GOR at all. I assumed 2 games per year were.

Football is covered under the Notre Dame/ACC ancillary contract signed in conjunction with the GOR. And yes, the Irish did not grant football media rights...only signed an agreement that, if they joined a conference for football prior to 2037...it would be the ACC.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom