Non-Key Tweets | Page 944 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

GG

Reaction Score
Who is this guy? The laundry guy at a B1G AD? The ex-Fox TV executive made clear that the conferences own the rights. why is this athletic dept employee making it seem as though that's not the case?
I believe this person had everything wrong with the last round of realignment. This person attacked Greg Flugar and claimed he was incorrect about the PAC schools potentially moving to the big 12. Obviously, Craig was correct and this person was not.

Reaction Score
Who is this guy? The laundry guy at a B1G AD? The ex-Fox TV executive made clear that the conferences own the rights. why is this athletic dept employee making it seem as though that's not the case?
He's a loser Nebraska fan who hasnt won anything in decades

Reaction Score

Don't believe any twitterati..

In the ACC, the conference is assigned each school's right as necessary to meet the conference's obligation under the ESPN contract (wording in GOR).

If the ACC and ESPN agree on a contract modification that does not demand a program's participation as a requisite to meet the obligations of the conference to ESPN...the conference has no hold on that program's rights.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

In the ACC, the conference is assinged each school's right as necessary to meet the conference's obligation under the ESPN contract (wording in GOR).

If the ACC and ESPN agree on a contract modification that does not demand a program's participation as a requisite to meet the obligations of the conference to ESPN...the conference has no hold on rights.
Very true. And if ESPN decides too start throwing an additional $85 million dollars annually to the ACC to be handed directly to FSU the conference would have no say in distributing that money in a different manner.

I would not hold my breath on either.

Reaction Score
Stuff happens.

Who would have thought a year back that the PAC 4 would be left, a picked over carcass?

Football is in a rapid transition.

Reaction Score
Talk of Stanfotd in the ACC ?

The Big Ten going to the west coast ?

It's like the British band playing "The World Turned Upside Down" as Cornwallis surrenndered his sword and his troops stacked their arms.

Reaction Score

In the ACC, the conference is assigned each school's right as necessary to meet the conference's obligation under the ESPN contract (wording in GOR).

If the ACC and ESPN agree on a contract modification that does not demand a program's participation as a requisite to meet the obligations of the conference to ESPN...the conference has no hold on that program's rights.
I'm not sure why you're complicating things.

The GOR can't be dissolved unless a certain number of schools agree to let the other schools go.

That's not going to happen anytime soon.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you're complicating things.

The GOR can't be dissolved unless a certain number of schools agree to let the other schools go.

That's not going to happen anytime soon.

You are not understanding the GOR..

A school's rights are owned by the conferenve ONLY as necessary to meet the conract obligations of the conference's ESPN contract.

That is the GOR language...it doesn't matter a flip about the GOR being dissolved...it is the ESPN contract that is controlling in terms of whether a ptogram's rights are assigned to the conference.

Reaction Score
L Grant of Rights. Each of the Member Institutions hereby (a) irrevocably and exclusively grants to the Conference during the Term (as defined below) all rights (the "Rights") necessary for the Conference to perform the contractual obligations of the Conference expressly set forth in the ESPN Agreement....

The ESPN Agreement is the controlling document....remove the requirement of that program's participaion to meet the ESPN contract requirwments and the conference has no hold.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
L Grant of Rights. Each of the Member Institutions hereby (a) irrevocably and exclusively grants to the Conference during the Term (as defined below) all rights (the "Rights") necessary for the Conference to perform the contractual obligations of the Conference expressly set forth in the ESPN Agreement....

The ESPN Agreement is the controlling document....remove the requirement of that program's participaion to meet the ESPN contract requirwments and the conference has no hold.
I'm curious, who do you believe has the authority to remove the requirement?

Reaction Score
You are not understanding the GOR..

A school's rights are owned by the conferenve ONLY as necessary to meet the conract obligations of the conference's ESPN contract.

That is the GOR language...it doesn't matter a flip about the GOR being dissolved...it is the ESPN contract that is controlling in terms of whether a ptogram's rights are assigned to the conference.
You're not explaining yourself very well.

The conference is not going to change anything without the approval of conference members. Which means, nothing changes.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You're not explaining yourself very well.

The conference is not going to change anything without the approval of conference members. Which means, nothing changes.
Or ESPN. Contracts have two parties. At least outside of Florida…lord knows how things work there, but apparently according to FSU fans on the internet they can be changed unilaterally because they say so.

Reaction Score
Contracts do have two parties...but rarely do you bite thr hand that feeds you...the Pac 12 said no to $30 million...

ESPN said Vaya Con Dios...

Reaction Score
I believe this individual has posted on boards with several user names, including nebfanweenie, or something like that. He (or she) was always very pro Big Ten, which was fine, but then would turn into a troll each time he changed his user name.

Some have said that this person works in the Big Ten office, but I find it hard to believe the Big Ten would have someone so stupid and toxic on their staff.

Reaction Score
I definitely don’t understand GORs. But it surprises me that lawyers of universities would even think of letting their presidents sign a twenty year agreement without knowing the terms between the ACC and ESPN. Or any rationalizations that this is how this business done.

I find it completely mind-boggling that attorneys from several schools (the Mag 7) felt the need to engage in a covert operation to try to find out the terms of the agreement between the ACC and ESPN. Still shaking my head.

Reaction Score
I definitely don’t understand GORs. But it surprises me that lawyers of universities would even think of letting their presidents sign a twenty year agreement without knowing the terms between the ACC and ESPN. Or any rationalizations that this is how this business done.

I find it completely mind-boggling that attorneys from several schools (the Mag 7) felt the need to engage in a covert operation to try to find out the terms of the agreement between the ACC and ESPN. Still shaking my head.
In exchange for bundles of money, people will do things like this

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yes we’ve talked about this. It is possible to shift FSU and Clemson to the SEC. It is not possible to move them to the B1G because ESPN would never agree. But you have to believe that a network that is aggressively laying people off and cutting costs, wants to pay double for the content of two schools that it already owns. The only way I see that is if CBS steps up to pay more to the SEC. Even then ESPN would be devaluing the ACC, I don’t see that.

If FSU can come up with half a billion, ESPN would let them go. Hence the investment bank angle.

Reaction Score
Yes we’ve talked about this. It is possible to shift FSU and Clemson to the SEC. It is not possible to move them to the B1G because ESPN would never agree. But you have to believe that a network that is aggressively laying people off and cutting costs, wants to pay double for the content of two schools that it already owns. The only way I see that is if CBS steps up to pay more to the SEC. Even then ESPN would be devaluing the ACC, I don’t see that.

If FSU can come up with half a billion, ESPN would let them go. Hence the investment bank angle.
Or Fox can tell B1G to take those 2 schools from ESPN if they can get out of the GOR.

Reaction Score

It’s amazing that when the gamed out the long term impact of the GOR that they didn’t see this outcome.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is probably going to be a lawsuit filed within 6 months to a year by a women’s team claiming that these conference realignment moves are a Title IX violation, and they are going to win.

It actually won’t be worth it for schools to fight it. Women are almost 60% of college students today and the Demographic Cliff is a year away. No school wants to be on the wrong side of this issue. The major conferences need to come up with a workaround on this issue, fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom