Non-Key Tweets | Page 940 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I don’t get acc strategy. I get GOR, but this is business. Negotiate an exit for fsu and Clemson.

Contracts are protection vehicles. But they aren’t blood oaths. If you don’t wanna be there, come to a separation agreement.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don’t get acc strategy. I get GOR, but this is business. Negotiate an exit for fsu and Clemson.

And I think that is the real purpose of all the noise. Rattle the cage incessantly until they just let them go.

Only problem with that...it sets a precedent that others may follow in the future...like UVA and UNC.

Reaction Score
Another 'no' vote could be gained by the B1G knocking on UVA's door as they will bolt in a second as long as V-Tech has a landing spot in the SEC (preferred) or XII.

Reaction Score
Its possible an agreement is made whereby the clause to dissolve remains at 8 min votes despite the additions.

Things could get very creative in other ways perhaps.

The simplest path is to convince the hold outs not named FSU and Clemson.

Andrea Adelson ESPN....responding to Notre Dame's Swarbrick.

Every other league makes biz decisions on realignment but the ACC should be charitable and not abandon two of the best academic institutions in the world? From a school that does not play football in said league facing significant revenue gaps w/SEC, Big Ten. Make it make sense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPNs future is kind shaky. College Basketball is the one sport they have really stopped covering, and I think that continues. They overdo women’s basketball because it is cheap.

ESPN is in an era of consolidation of content, not grabbing content.
Women's basketball would be essentially "free" wouldn't it, aside from production costs? It's not like they're bidding separately for women's basketball conferences. It's all rolled into the rights that they already have when they negotiate conference rights for football.

Yormark was going to separate this out. I do think that there would be some incremental increases if you could negotiate separately for football, men's basketball, and women's basketball.

Strongly agree with your point about consolidation.

Reaction Score
Women's basketball would be essentially "free" wouldn't it, aside from production costs? It's not like they're bidding separately for women's basketball conferences. It's all rolled into the rights that they already have when they negotiate conference rights for football.

That was one of the keys for ESPN+. They own the rights… get the schools to produce content and you essentially air it for free (ok this is a gross simplification), at that point you’re winning even if it’s only friends and families of the students playing in the game paying for and watching the baseball, softball, soccer, etc content.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Contracts are protection vehicles. But they aren’t blood oaths. If you don’t wanna be there, come to a separation agreement.
I imagine that if any current ACC member approached the ACC about leaving the conference the parties would immediately begin working on a separation agreement.

I'm guess that this hasn't happened for a couple of reasons:
1 - the school(s) approaching the conference realize that a fair buyout of the GOR (not even considering mutually agreed upon departure fees) could end up being anywhere from $350 million to $500 million.
2 - the school(s) that have been making all of the noise realize that they may not have a home after buying their freedom from the ACC.

Reaction Score
No sense in notifying and immediately have payouts withheld and give up your vote.

If there is any notification..it will be at the August 15 date necessary to move the next season...I suspect August 15 2024 if there will be a movement for the 2025 season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

If that's in play, why not just merge with the WCC? They have one fewer football school.

To remain a conference that sponsors football they'll need a number of non-football members regardless of the conference they are merging with is on the east coast or west coast.

Of greater importance, would they need to continue to sponsor football as a conference? The four could become independent in football (like we are), set a scheduling arrangement among themselves and work out games with the rest of FBS football to complete their schedules. Olympic sports then would not need travel.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I imagine that if any current ACC member approached the ACC about leaving the conference the parties would immediately begin working on a separation agreement.

I'm guess that this hasn't happened for a couple of reasons:
1 - the school(s) approaching the conference realize that a fair buyout of the GOR (not even considering mutually agreed upon departure fees) could end up being anywhere from $350 million to $500 million.
2 - the school(s) that have been making all of the noise realize that they may not have a home after buying their freedom from the ACC.

Right. The schools want a negotiation to get out but don't want to pay the fair price.

Reaction Score
The rationale given by Swarbrick sounds nice, and almost sounds a little sincere. I wonder what the real reason is.
Stability. They need the ACC to survive so they have a place to park non-FB sports. If the ACC falls, they will be confronted with either having to 1) place non-FB in Big East and stay indy or 2) join the Big Ten in full. I don't think ND is interested in parking everything in the Big 12 sans FB.\

By adding schools they ensure the ACC will remain in existence through sheer numbers, something the PAC12 was incapable of understanding.

Reaction Score
If Swarbrick were sincere he'd agree to have ND all in on the conference to which they are trying to recruit other schools. Thought FSU's response was probably what most of the ACC members were thinking.

Reaction Score
Well...Stanford is a regular Notre Dame traditional opponent...Swarbrick would like to have them stabilized in the ACC...

Adelson (ESPN reporter) had this to say though...

Every other league makes biz decisions on realignment but the ACC should be charitable and not abandon two of the best academic institutions in the world? From a school that does not play football in said league facing significant revenue gaps w/SEC, Big Ten. Make it make sense.

Reaction Score
Stability. They need the ACC to survive so they have a place to park non-FB sports. If the ACC falls, they will be confronted with either having to 1) place non-FB in Big East and stay indy or 2) join the Big Ten in full. I don't think ND is interested in parking everything in the Big 12 sans FB.\

By adding schools they ensure the ACC will remain in existence through sheer numbers, something the PAC12 was incapable of understanding.
Just as I thought. Swarbrick was FOS. Just like the Mag-7.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom